Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

Reaction Score
A LONG time ago, Mickey's in East Hartford made a mean bacon, egg and provolone. They still have a breakfast menu, but from their website it looks like it's changed a lot.

On a side note, when I was at UConn I worked for a civil engineering firm and did field work all over the state. A couple of things that stand out in my memory were the meatball grinders at Franklin Giant, wings at the Bidwell (not great anymore), and the tuna grinders at some skating rink in South Windsor (believe it or not). It was also pretty cool to go into the old Hall of Fame Lounge in Southington and see the original ESPN SportsCenter crew (Berman, Dan Patrick, Bob Ley etc) all sitting around a big table with pitchers of beer, working on program material.

Hall of Shame ha! Oh the memories in the early late 70s/80s at the HOF. Like a corner store with “older” candy to choose from.

Also to see Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, Dan Patrick and Peter Gammons The White Birch was good too.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Long trip for me, does Country Cow make anything else worth trying? Anything real close worth checking out?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Long trip for me, does Country Cow make anything else worth trying? Anything real close worth checking out?
I mean t’s a good deli you can go for lunch too

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know, any recommendations?
Go to CC for breakfast. Go to the beach at Sherwood Island until early afternoon. Order New Haven pizza of your choice to go, uncut and slightly undercooked. Pick up and drive home to oven pre-heated at 450 with pizza pans. Put pizza in oven for five minutes or less.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Go to CC for breakfast. Go to the beach at Sherwood Island until early afternoon. Order New Haven pizza of your choice to go, uncut and slightly undercooked. Pick up and drive home to oven pre-heated at 450 with pizza pans. Put pizza in oven for five minutes or less.
Sounds like a plan, thanks.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone had the breakfast sandwich at West Hartford centers Arethusa? Obviously they make great dairy products, but im always on the hunt for great breakfast sandwiches.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I am a weekly customer and still sometimes forget. Luckily there is an ATM inside.
"Okay who has a bacon, egg and cheese?" 10 hands go up (Pre-Covid).

Wish they would just take a name. Only complaint.

Reaction Score
I had two bacon egg and cheese sandwiches from Misty Vale Deli in Sandy Hook this morning. They were amazing, and at $1.75 each they're one of the best bargains in all of Connecticut.

are they small that you had two and they cost $1.75 each?

Reaction Score
I had two bacon egg and cheese sandwiches from Misty Vale Deli in Sandy Hook this morning. They were amazing, and at $1.75 each they're one of the best bargains in all of Connecticut.
The Newtown General store is quite a bargain as well.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I consider Fairfield the BEC Mecca. You have stalwarts Country Cow and Pine Creek Deli plus newcomers Tasty Yolk and Hole in the Wall are very good. Easton Village Store is really good too, don’t think I saw that mentioned.

I moved to West Hartford a couple years ago and haven’t found a good BEC. Lox Stock is straight-up bad and I thought Goldbergs was only OK. I’m going to try Mo’s Midtown but any other recs in West Hartford/West side Hartford are greatly appreciated.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
II’m going to try Mo’s Midtown
Huevos Rancheros or Ragin' Cajun omelet (with their jambalaya) are the calls at Mo's imo. I'm not a pancake guy, but theirs are also pretty epic.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm not a pancake guy,

Most overrated food ever created. I hate them.

If I want to eat something as heavy and sweet as a birthday cake for breakfast, Ill eat a frickin Birthday cake.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Most overrated food ever created. I hate them.

If I want to eat something as heavy and sweet as a birthday cake for breakfast, Ill eat a frickin Birthday cake.
Agreed. But my kids love them, and I am always good for one or two bites when they are good ones and soaked with syrup.

August_West

Reaction Score
Agreed. But my kids love them, and I am always good for one or two bites when they are good ones and soaked with syrup.

exactly . You put a bday cake in front of a kid for breakfast they are eating it

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I can never eat more than a few bites of a big, diner-style pancake

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member