OT: - Best Alien Movie | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Alien Movie

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
War of the Worlds [yep, the Tom Cruise version)

It started fine, but for me the movie absolutely ground to a halt when Tim Robbins showed up, and it never recovered.

Also, it's always bothered me that Tom Cruise was the only person on the planet that could get a car to work by replacing a simple part. Everything else electrical on Earth continued to not work, but good ol' Tom got a car up and running. Fat lot of good it did them anyway, cuz it just got jacked by a mob if I remember correctly.

The movie did provide some decent material for one of the Scary Movie spoofs, along w/ Signs.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Almost everything I could think of has already been covered, except "Oblivion." I think that counts. There is some kind of alien intelligence/tech. I liked that even more than "Edge of Tomorrow," but both are solid.

Oh, "Knowing' was a tense, kinda creepy thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. Sort of aliens. Something non-earthly anyway.

Reaction Score
Almost everything I could think of has already been covered, except "Oblivion." I think that counts. There is some kind of alien intelligence/tech. I liked that even more than "Edge of Tomorrow," but both are solid.

Oh, "Knowing' was a tense, kinda creepy thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. Sort of aliens. Something non-earthly anyway.
"Knowing" was great, enjoyed that movie. Nicholas Cage, Rose Byrne, and the boy who played his son were terrific in it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom