Beer | Page 232 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Trillium in Canton is now too, well, more like a big community college.

Do you have preference between the two? Yeah couldnt get over how big and how much was going on inside Treehouse. Had a band playing inside. Outdoors had a bunch of tables with a fire going. Def a cool place. I just picked up cans, the lines for beer on draft seemed like 30-40 minute waits. That was on a non-can release day. I've seen photos of lines out the door when those are going on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Do you have preference between the two? Yeah couldnt get over how big and how much was going on inside Treehouse. Had a band playing inside. Outdoors had a bunch of tables with a fire going. Def a cool place. I just picked up cans, the lines for beer on draft seemed like 30-40 minute waits. That was on a non-can release day. I've seen photos of lines out the door when those are going on.

I mostly prefer Treehouse's IPAs, and think they do a better job with some other styles. Bear is the best brown ale I've had for example. Red Ales, Porters, anything derived from the UK beer family Treehouse is amazing. Treehouse has the edge in non barrel aged stouts.

Trillium still has some IPAs that are as good as anything from anybody. They do a good job with German lager styles. One the sour side, or with Saisons they crush Treehouse there. So I'd say they do a better job with Continental European styles, more like Hill Farmstead in that way. Trillium has the edge on barrel aged stouts.

I think the Treehouse setting is better, it's just gorgeous. They fixed so much that was wrong (moving the can line and pickup away from consumption area), and yes there are lines on weekend afternoons. Trillium is a little more sterile, but the new space in Canton has a full restaurant and a large indoor and outdoor area. Neither are remotely intimate anymore. It's shocking really, thinking back to when I stood in the snow at the farm in Monson to get ten cans of Julius.

For a more intimate, but still interesting location that makes stellar IPAs and some other good stuff, Long Live Beerworks in Providence is great.

Reaction Score
I mostly prefer Treehouse's IPAs, and think they do a better job with some other styles. Bear is the best brown ale I've had for example. Red Ales, Porters, anything derived from the UK beer family Treehouse is amazing. Treehouse has the edge in non barrel aged stouts.

Trillium still has some IPAs that are as good as anything from anybody. They do a good job with German lager styles. One the sour side, or with Saisons they crush Treehouse there. So I'd say they do a better job with Continental European styles, more like Hill Farmstead in that way. Trillium has the edge on barrel aged stouts.

I think the Treehouse setting is better, it's just gorgeous. They fixed so much that was wrong (moving the can line and pickup away from consumption area), and yes there are lines on weekend afternoons. Trillium is a little more sterile, but the new space in Canton has a full restaurant and a large indoor and outdoor area. Neither are remotely intimate anymore. It's shocking really, thinking back to when I stood in the snow at the farm in Monson to get ten cans of Julius.

For a more intimate, but still interesting location that makes stellar IPAs and some other good stuff, Long Live Beerworks in Providence is great.
There were a couple times i went up to Monson in 2015 for a release of like 6 cans and then while standing in line they ran out of an offering or two and i left with 3 or 4 cans lol. Back then NO ONE made IPAs like TH though - you were only reaching those peaks in Monson

Reaction Score
Big news re NEBCO; great location:

I thought they already inked a deal this summer to move to Fair Haven?
It was never inked.

-> Gray said that NEBCO hopes to open the new West Haven brewery by Labor Day 2022. He said West Haven city officials have enthusiastically embraced the plans, and have promised to help provide enough parking for the facility. “They need to understand that time kills all deals,” he said about New Haven’s economic development team. <-

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The craft beer revolution hasn't hit every corner of CT yet.

Beer1.jpg

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
So what are we raising tonight to toast the end of the Big East Conference? I have a fridge in the basement with Newcastle and Smithwicks. I'll probably do a couple of each.
This didn’t age well.

Reaction Score
I’d encourage folks to try and get their hands on Wayward Lane in Schoharie, NY.

Very very good.

Attachments

• DBA7168D-A378-40E4-AE04-6A311497CE19.jpeg
    DBA7168D-A378-40E4-AE04-6A311497CE19.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • 37CDE1A1-4AA7-4A38-8777-B3E30EFC4F84.jpeg
    37CDE1A1-4AA7-4A38-8777-B3E30EFC4F84.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I tried the Two Roads UConn beer at the Hockey Game, can confirm it is essentially indistinguishable from Budweiser. I did not see the other UConn beer, which was the one I wanted to try.

Reaction Score
I tried the Two Roads UConn beer at the Hockey Game, can confirm it is essentially indistinguishable from Budweiser. I did not see the other UConn beer, which was the one I wanted to try.

that's sad, what's the price difference?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I tried this, which wasn't terrible or great.
Yup, it's Headway or #No Filter at the XL for me. They've had Capn's Daughter and Sip O Sunshine at The Rent.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yup, it's Headway or #No Filter at the XL for me. They've had Capn's Daughter and Sip O Sunshine at The Rent.

For hockey, not every vendor spot was open. I think the selection was less than you'd have at a basketball game. I didn't see those.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For hockey, not every vendor spot was open. I think the selection was less than you'd have at a basketball game.
Even at the hoops game you have to search. There's that stand with all of the coolers in the end zone behind the bar that has the best selection. And usually one beer kiosk has Headway, I think Two Roads sponsorship gives them priority. Too bad I don't care for their offerings.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In case anybody has a free afternoon on a beautiful warm fall day.

Reaction Score
In case anybody has a free afternoon on a beautiful warm fall day.

The last 2 times I was at Tree House there were minimal lines for cans and draft. It was a pleasure compared to the way it used to be. Now that they have breweries selling take out on Cape Cod in Mashpee, Deerfield, MA and Woodstock, CT, I think that has spread out the availability.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My buddy found this randomly in New Jersey. Arizona State colors, but 902 area code is Nova Scotia. Any idea? If its Nova Scotia, is it a reference to the sport of Hurling (played with a Hurley)????

28163.jpeg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Got the scoop from an Iona fan "New Jersey- American Amber/Red Lager- 5.2% ABV. An easy drinking Amber Lager that pays tribute to NJ's Hall of Fame basketball coach and Jersey City native, Bob Hurley. A portion of sales will go to The Hurley Family Foundation."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom