Beer | Page 244 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So I‘m in South Yarmouth and the beer flows. This is just a great beer.
0D42CE16-BBF6-4B0D-AF30-9AD3053CBFAD.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Last night and again tonight we’ve got The Gobshites. So of course Guinness is the beer of choice for Celtic Punk. It’s basically a light beer anyway. Very sessionable.
C9FFBDE4-4E8F-432B-A65C-2025FF56B19E.jpeg

Reaction Score
Kent Falls’ flagship pils, The Hollow, aged for a few months in their oak foeder, brewed to mark their 7th anniversary. The oak and some spice come through on the finish. Glad I was able to get hands on this one.

75D008CB-F056-4E26-846C-62517F6E3653.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm enjoying this today along with some other samplings.

Newer brewery near where I live on the gulf coast. Only been open a year but every beer they've brewed has been spot on for that style. Got a few friends who geek out more than I do on the whole process and they're fans too. I'm much simpler with either figuring it tastes good or doesn't taste good for any given style.

20220717_155232.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just got back from lower upstate NY. Took a chance on a 4-pack from a Schenectady brewery called Frog Alley. The Mohop #5 NEIPA was damned tasty. With citra and mosaic.

No pic.

"Lower upstate NY" is a geographical reference I haven't heard before. What area of NY does that encompass? Is this more Hudson Valley, Capitol Region, Southern TIer???

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Lower upstate NY" is a geographical reference I haven't heard before. What area of NY does that encompass? Is this more Hudson Valley, Capitol Region, Southern TIer???
My mom's side is from what I call true upstate. North of Glens Falls. Lake Champlain area. Lower upstate is south of that. I guess the way to Buffalo is the finger lakes region.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The trip home had us seconds from Clocktown Brewing in Thomaston. What a facility. We had a pie and downed two brewski. Not the pictured one, tho. It is a lighter-bodied glass of tastiness.

Attachments

• KIMG2226~2.JPG
    KIMG2226~2.JPG
    777.7 KB · Views: 72

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So I'm at a burger joint and having my first ever Heady Topper. I get asked if I want a glass, which I find odd because this isn't some slummy drink out of a can place. I get the can and it says "drink from the can". I read the fine print to find out why.

Sorry. very good beer, but that's some pretentious BS.

Ftr, I had a couple sips from can, but 90% of it from a pint glass. I must be a Philistine as I preferred the glass.

Reaction Score
So I'm at a burger joint and having my first ever Heady Topper. I get asked if I want a glass, which I find odd because this isn't some slummy drink out of a can place. I get the can and it says "drink from the can". I read the fine print to find out why.

Ftr, I had a couple sips from can, but 90% of it from a pint glass. I must be a Philistine as I preferred the glass.

I’ve got a ton of respect for John Kimmich and I’ve been drinking his beers since I first discovered his little brewpub in Waterbury, VT in 2006. But I do agree with you here. Unless I’m crazy thirsty from physical exertion, I have no interest in sucking down a beer straight from the can. But I don’t believe Kimmich’s suggestion is borne from pretension. I think he just cares way too much about every can of beer that leaves his brewery. From a recent Hop Culture piece on Kimmich:

“A beer gets forever and instantaneously altered the moment it gets poured into a glass of oxygen, you know,” he explains further. “When you’re responsible for making a beer and packaging a beer and absolutely at all costs minimizing oxygen uptake into that beer throughout the process, and then all of a sudden when the beer finally has its big moment in the sun you’re just going to throw it under the wheel of your car and run over it by pouring it into a glass of oxygen.”

He needs to let go of his babies once they leave the canning line. Some of us like to look at and smell our beer.

Reaction Score

I’ve got a ton of respect for John Kimmich and I’ve been drinking his beers since I first discovered his little brewpub in Waterbury, VT in 2006. But I do agree with you here. Unless I’m crazy thirsty from physical exertion, I have no interest in sucking down a beer straight from the can. But I don’t Kimmich’s suggestion is borne from pretension. I think he just cares way too much about every can of beer that leaves his brewery. From a recent Hop Culture piece on Kimmich:

“A beer gets forever and instantaneously altered the moment it gets poured into a glass of oxygen, you know,” he explains further. “When you’re responsible for making a beer and packaging a beer and absolutely at all costs minimizing oxygen uptake into that beer throughout the process, and then all of a sudden when the beer finally has its big moment in the sun you’re just going to throw it under the wheel of your car and run over it by pouring it into a glass of oxygen.”

He needs to let go of his babies once they leave the canning line. Some of us like to look at and smell our beer.
Yeah the logic on the can is bunk. Kimmich made a whole Youtube video about it because people kept asking about it. And he laid out some reasoning, including that Oxygen bomb hypothesis. And that logic is also bunk. I recommend it (and most beers) out of a glass.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I’ve got a ton of respect for John Kimmich and I’ve been drinking his beers since I first discovered his little brewpub in Waterbury, VT in 2006. But I do agree with you here. Unless I’m crazy thirsty from physical exertion, I have no interest in sucking down a beer straight from the can. But I don’t believe Kimmich’s suggestion is borne from pretension. I think he just cares way too much about every can of beer that leaves his brewery. From a recent Hop Culture piece on Kimmich:

He doesn't want you seeing the sedimenty globules in the bottom of your glasses

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I've said it before and will say it again right now. I don't necessarily get Heady Topper as a beer I think is great but it's neat to drink the OG and realize this was the genesis for thousands of others.

Gimme a Focal Banger any day of the week over a Heady Topper.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've said it before and will say it again right now. I don't necessarily get Heady Topper as a beer I think is great but it's neat to drink the OG and realize this was the genesis for thousands of others.

Gimme a Focal Banger any day of the week over a Heady Topper.
I ordered it because it's the first time I've seen it in Pgh, even though it was $10. Was very surprised to see it on a menu as it's not even at our most comprehensive bottle shops. I liked it quite a bit. Much more going on than what I've tasted among top local imperial IPAs. Also taking a break from NEIPAs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom