Beer | Page 229 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Going to get a six later tonight and figured I'd let the BY decide. These are the ones my local packy has.
Nothing wrong with Two Roads, and I’m not sure how extensive the selection is at your local packy… but as shelfies go, I’d look at Kent Falls, Counterweight, and Marlowe before anything from Two Roads.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with Two Roads, and I’m not sure how extensive the selection is at your local packy… but as shelfies go, I’d look at Kent Falls, Counterweight, and Marlowe before anything from Two Roads.
I will take that under advisement. I haven't had one. It's weird, even when I buy a six something happens and someone else ends up with it. That ends tonight.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Honeyspot is my favorite beer by them. It's great on a hot day too.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lil Heaven session IPA
No Limits Hefeweissen
Road To Ruin IIPA
Espressway stout
H2Roads rasberry seltzer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been liking some of their sours recently but it's definitely hit or miss there (and you have to like sours).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m sure they have Lil Heaven.

Any time I get a Two Roads sampler there’s 3 Road2Ruin bound to collect dust in my fridge until either I’m desperate or one of buddies will take it off my hands.

I’ll say this, Road Jam fresh from the brewery is absolutely delicious but never as good out of the can.

Of what you posted, go Two Juicy. Careful though. If you don’t drink a ton of high ABV “juicy” IPAs (assuming you don’t if you need d to post this thread) two will have you feeling good and three will have you falling over

Reaction Score
That North Haven area is great for brews. You've got 12%, No Worries, Counterweight, and NEBCO within 10 minutes of each other and some other breweries I haven't tried.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"packy"....there's a word I haven't heard in a long time....lol. Brings back good memories.
I think it's dying out. Sounds stupid coming out of the mouth of anyone older than 25, don't hear the kids picking up the slack.

Reaction Score
Going to get a six later tonight and figured I'd let the BY decide. These are the ones my local packy has.
I'm betting your local packy has much better options.

BTW, a friend of mine in CT had a party the other day and he wanted to buy a bunch of IPAs so he Facetimed me from the package store with all the beers so I could give him some suggestions. The 4 packs were considerably less than what I pay for similar local beer up here in MA. Most of them were in the $10.99 to $14.99 range. I just went to my local liquor store the other day and everything was in the $16 to $20 range. One Equilibrium 4 pack (Super Fractal Julia Set) was $28. That's crazy.

Reaction Score
As someone who does not particularly likes IPAs I love these threads because I've never heard of any of these things and the names are absurd.

I'm gonna run to the liquor store and buy a sixer (sorry, 4 pack) of Super Fractal Julia Set . . . want me to see if they have any Fuzzy Baby Ducks while I'm there?

Reaction Score

I agree. Two Roads is “eh” to me now. It’s good, and I’d go for Two Juicy at this point with the options - but breweries have caught and surpassed them. BackEast, Nod Hill, Bad Sons, Fat Orange Cat just to name a few.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
As someone who does not particularly likes IPAs I love these threads because I've never heard of any of these things and the names are absurd.

I'm gonna run to the liquor store and buy a sixer (sorry, 4 pack) of Super Fractal Julia Set . . . want me to see if they have any Fuzzy Baby Ducks while I'm there?

You live in a Beer and Pizza wasteland. You won't find either of those excellent beers there. If you would like to send me some tacos, I will send you a a 4'er. Throw in some Burgers and I may part with a vape cart.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@BigErnMcCracken , have you ever been to Naja's Place in Redondo Beach? When I used to drink a lot of craft beers, and when my work and other travels brought me out there more frequently, that was one of my favorite spots on the planet. I actually bought a hoodie on one visit and I still wear it proudly. Great spot.

Reaction Score
No Limits is my favorite Two Roads beer followed by Workers Comp.

Reaction Score
@BigErnMcCracken , have you ever been to Naja's Place in Redondo Beach? When I used to drink a lot of craft beers, and when my work and other travels brought me out there more frequently, that was one of my favorite spots on the planet. I actually bought a hoodie on one visit and I still wear it proudly. Great spot.

Right on the water, yeah, I have. Great spot. That reminds me that I have not set foot in a bar in forever.

Reaction Score

The names are getting crazier and crazier because there are so many beers now that you need something that isn't already used. Tree House is funny. They just add words to their existing beers to make it easy. For example, they came out with Treat. Then they had Super Treat, which was a better version of Treat. Then they came out with Mega Treat, which was a better version of Super Treat. Is Stupendous Treat next? Or they add letters to a beer. For example they have Julius as one of their flagship beers. Then they have Jjjuliusss. And King Jjjuliusss.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it's dying out. Sounds stupid coming out of the mouth of anyone older than 25, don't hear the kids picking up the slack.

I would go the opposite. Sounds silly coming from a youngin' and totally would expect to hear hear it from an ole fogey.

Reaction Score
The names are getting crazier and crazier because there are so many beers now that you need something that isn't already used. Tree House is funny. They just add words to their existing beers to make it easy. For example, they came out with Treat. Then they had Super Treat, which was a better version of Treat. Then they came out with Mega Treat, which was a better version of Super Treat. Is Stupendous Treat next? Or they add letters to a beer. For example they have Julius as one of their flagship beers. Then they have Jjjuliusss. And King Jjjuliusss.

So did you like these things from the get go or was it an acquired taste? I'll drink a Ballast Point Sculpin or two maybe once a summer but that super piney bitterness doesn't do it for me in more than small doses, and I feel like I've eaten a loaf of bread afterward.

Reaction Score
Too Juicy for me, although like others have said, Two Roads has been surpassed by many. The price tends to be a little more acceptable on the TR stuff though. The thought of paying $18+ for a four pack is kind of absurd at this point in my life.

Funny that both of my gateway IPAs (Dogfish and Ballast Pt) were mentioned. Haven't gone back to either of those in years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom