Baylor Covid Champs or Champs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Baylor Covid Champs or Champs?

Does this Baylor Win have an * asterisk due to Covid?

• Covid Champs

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Real Champs

Votes: 138 90.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Champs man. That team was men amongst boys last night. They are extremely athletic. Have great size. Can shoot. What’s not to like? Reminds me of the 2000’s Calhoun teams.

Baylor was fun to watch. They got overshadowed by Gonzaga not losing all season.

Reaction Score
Baylor was a very good team could compete in many FF's without a doubt. Match up problem with excellent guard play. Well deserved championship!

They attacked the glass last night and left Timme without much posing to be had, that made me happy enough.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The irony of team from Texas winning the Covid Championship. I’d love to see the transmission numbers in Waco two weeks from now. If only they still tested

Reaction Score
This has got to be your worst thread since the cesspool closed. Have some respect for the kids. Especially considering Baylor bounced back from a covid break that was detrimental to their progress. They played awesome down the stretch and dismantled a very good team. Are you just sore because your blue blood one-and-done teams couldn't develop enough?

I miss the C pool. I voted yes BTW

Reaction Score
Oh please. You don’t think being cooped up like farm animals for three weeks had any impact on these players/coaches?? If anything, this years tourney probably required more mental toughness than any other in history. The two best teams, BY FAR, played for the title. Tell me where the asterisk comes in.
Traveling for the NCAAs is a different animal. It’s not necessarily the travel itself, it’s where you go. Look how many times UConn has been screwed over the years by having a good team but getting put into a region where the team has a home court advantage.1995 UCLA and 1998 UNC stick out the most. Then we got lucky in 2014 by getting MSG.

Reaction Score
If UConn won would this question have been asked here?

Reaction Score
The thread title or the 2021 title?

Any team that wins based on the rules and conditions of play, is the champion.

This is a batshit stupid question.

User generated content. You of all people should be happy. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Baylor's only asterisk will be because Drew may be running the dirtiest program in college basketball. In terms of the product on the court, Baylor was the best team in college basketball this season.
I haven't heard anything about scandal recently there.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That game was over 5 minutes in. The look on the face of the Gonzaga players said: "We are not ready for this...oh my gosh...get me out of here."

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What if we won? Asterisk?
Baylor was 1a to Gonzaga’s 1 all season . The best two teams met in the finals ( and for all the craziness that happened in early rounds it still happened) . Baylor was better on that night at least. Well deserved title.

Syracuse sweet 16 gets an asterisk in my book though. They suck.

Reaction Score
Please. This is the dumbest question in forever. Why even pose it? The two teams that played tonight were far and away the best two teams all year. Hate Baylor if you want but don’t bring this BS. It’s WEAK.
Yup. Its as weak as the bs people tried to pull on Uconn in 2011. There were some talking heads in the national media saying "Uconn isnt really the best team in the country". ! A chip is a chip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom