Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the bubble
I happen to like the bubble for a temporary fix
At least in the NBA - it has cut down on showboating to a large degree
With the exception to the ridiculous time taken for referee call reviews, the game seems to go quicker
It also lets the coaches coach - they aren't swayed (which happens at all levels) by the sentiment of the crowd.
Now I see why some coaches like those preseason scrimmages vs other teams that are closed to the public
Would I like it to be the norm? No, but it does give a different look
If you want to see this 2020-2021 version of UConn Basketball - you may have no other option

Curiouser
Reaction Score
a41c1ee9-00f4-4b39-aa6f-7d1920fa0096_screenshot.jpg

Reaction Score
The NBA, NHL and even MLB can do with no fans/bubble but I just think college basketball can't.

If the bubble happens (it probably will), I'll still watch but it's going to take away a lot of excitement for the season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The NBA, NHL and even MLB can do with no fans/bubble but I just think college basketball can't.

If the bubble happens (it probably will), I'll still watch but it's going to take away a lot of excitement for the season.
#gampelnotsocrazies

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
NBA and NHL proving that bubble works ... at least for a short period. I am enjoying watching both . Definately beats not watching anything. So why not for college basketball? No fans + college basketball is way better than no college basketball.

Reaction Score
Fanless sports are not as good on the whole, but I'm enjoying some sports. I haven't watched hockey, but European soccer, NBA, and MLB all pumped in crowd noise and are trying other ways to make the production interesting with no fans. Maybe ESPN will do this for all or some games, and I would think whomever broadcasts the tournament will do it, but what are less important games going to look like? Isn't each AAC team now responsible for their productions? Will the ECU vs. Tulane production just be a team assistant with an iphone?

Reaction Score
#gampelnotsocrazies
the bubble will at the very minimum cut down the 8-10 threads a year on this board about lack of attendance from fans and alums that creep up every year after the turkey has been consumed.

#weareallcasualfans

Reaction Score
I'd watch and selfishly I'm in favor of it happening.
But frankly it shouldn't happen with amateur sports. It is one thing for players who are paid, it is quite another and just layers onto the hypocrisy of college sports to play the big time sports for TV in a bubble. I'm actively rooting against college football working (partially out of UConn spite).
If I were a AD or conference head, I'd say no to the big time TV sports and those bubbles. Ok if they want to do fencing, tennis and whatever else is safe and truly is about the athletes and the sport.

For the 50+ or so men's CBB players whose immediate NBA futures are at stake, they should be allowed to make individual decisions to opt in or out of school. I don't see the logic in running a giant bubble organization or a bunch of mini-conference bubbles on the excuse of showcasing such a small amount of possible draft picks, when it is really just about keeping the revenue coming in at the expense & risk of athletes where the risk-reward is out of balance.

Reaction Score
Excuse me
Something unclear? Be happy if they can get a bubble organized. It took the NBA, their 20 teams, and with their money how long to set it up? Now consider the NCAA and 300 schools.

There is absolutely no sense in whining about it. It’s our only path to basketball until next season.

Reaction Score

I don't understand. There will be more excitement with Georgetown playing UConn in an empty GAmpel than in an empty arena in Orlando or somewhere? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom