Michael Niego (6'3, 215) - LHP (R-L) - Hilsdale, NJ (Pascack Valley)​
Pat O'Neil (6'1, 180) - SS (R-R) - East Longmeadow, MA​
Jed Robinson (6'1, 170) - LHP (R-L) - Winchester, MA (Avon Old Farms)​
Vinny Siena (5'11, 185) - SS (R-R) - Woodbridge, CT (Amity)​
2013:
Tom Milone () - OF () - ,CT (Masuk)​
2014:

Reaction Score
Stone's brother is a FR pitcher for BC so that could have some influence on where he will play.
I will be at the Foran v. Shelton game this Saturday so hopefully I can get a look at Zanghi.
Finally Siena is NOT a catcher as they have listed, he is a SS and I could see him moving to 3B once he gets to UConn.

Reaction Score
Siena plays SS for Amity. He is projected to play 2b @ UConn. We have a very good C in Debellis the frosh from NJ. Max McDowell from PA might even be better. He comes in to UConn in Sept.

Reaction Score
So I got a look at Zanghi for Foran yesterday and here are a few things that stood out in my opinion...
  • He has a good arm behind the plate but it's NOT a "gun". If I had to guess, his pop times were probably in the 2-1.9 range (that is a pure guess tho based on my past experiences)
  • Was raw as far as technique (blocking, etc) behind the dish but could definitely be improved on greatly with good coaching
  • Seems to have very good raw power, as he is a very developed high school JR but that also leaves the question if there is any room for growth moving forward.
  • For a catcher he seems to be a pretty good fast-twitch athlete and attempted to steal second but the pitch was fouled off.
The starting pitcher for Shelton was maybe topping out at 75 mph so I was really hard to judge some things as Zanghi wasn't challenged as far as velocity. He seemed to be collapsing on his front hip a little and was way out in front of the ball in every at bat. When Zanghi did make contact the ball came of the bat (I think he was using wood) at a different speed than anyone on Foran's team and all but maybe one player on Shelton. I personally would have loved to see Zanghi face Georgia Southern commit Ryan Daiss to get a true read on him at the plate but Daiss threw 107 pitches against Fairfield Prep on Thursday so he was DH-ing for Shelton on Saturday. Down the road with another summer to develop I could see UConn possibly making a run at Zanghi but I'm not sold on him yet... as I think he will end up at a corner outfield spot were he to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
i have seen several guys so far this past week now that the season is under way. the weston ss is real good. i liked a pitcher on the staff of new fairfield also but didnt get a name. prep has a good looking middle if as well.

I read that Shelton's Ryan Daiss set a record for striking out 17 batters in a 7 inning game. I didn't see it but a friend of mine was at the game and said it was lights out. Said Daiss was probably hitting in the high 80's on the FB and had nasty curve and slider. 17 K's in a 7 inning game is amazing when you stop and think about it. Only 4 batters touched the ball with their bat. This is the same kid that had high strikeouts against Fairfeild Prep. Let's keep an eye out on this one. Didn't know he was committed to Georgia Southern.

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, he was going to catch in college but there was a pretty bad injury a little over a year ago that changed some things... He will be pitching at GSU and MAY get a chance to play in the field but that is to be determined at this point. From what I was told Daiss felt he should have had 20 K's but he said he couldn't put a few kids away that he should have. Also on Sanchez, I think I heard he knows he won't qualify so he wont commit and will go pro. Absolute stud prospect tho

Reaction Score
If you start a recruit thread check out Avon Old Farms prep. They have a LHP named Jed Robinson who is coming to UConn in the fall. He's from Mass. but is doing a post grad prep year at Avon. He was the winning pitcher in a 10 inning game last week. And Avon is around 5-0. Not sure what else he's done this year so far.

Reaction Score
Siena plays SS for Amity. He is projected to play 2b @ UConn. We have a very good C in Debellis the frosh from NJ. Max McDowell from PA might even be better. He comes in to UConn in Sept.

-ameer(weston)- kid is a nasty ss and a great hitter. heard hes a verbal to sju. wish uconn was in on him, heard he was the real deal from several and his dad was quite the baseball player back in the day from a good source.
[/URL]

Reaction Score
Christian Coletti is a 6'3" 210lb lefty who is considered UConn's highest ranked incoming pitcher. He's from Rockville Center LI. His record, this season is 4-0. In his 3rd win, in late April, he struck out 15 in 6 innings, while shutting out his opponent.
Apparently, the LA Dodgers & KC Royals are at all of his games. Coletti was quoted as saying if he isn't drafted in the 1st 5 rounds he probably won't go pro. He feels anyone drafted after the 5th round doesn't get enough attention towards being developed. It is a rarity to see a Northeast HS pitcher drafted that high.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Great news that he is treating the situation logically. Now let's just hope they don't take him in the first 5 rounds.

Reaction Score
A few more tidbits on incoming recruits...Willie Nastasi from Hyannis MA is 3-0. He recently fanned 16 in a 9 inning complete game 3-1 win vs Taunton.
Jed Robinson is a PG from MA pitching for Avin Old Farms. He is undefeated and recently fanned 12 in a complete game making only 85 pitches.
Also, I heard Penders on with JoeD on 'TIC last nite. He mentioned "several" incoming recruits for Sept. Plus they have several more committed for Sept of '13. I know of Milone from Masuk who is an OF. Anyone know of anyone else?

Reaction Score
Another CT high school pitcher to keep an eye out for is Matt Blandino of Bristol Central HS. BCHS is a top 5 team CT team and Blandino is their pitching leader. From what I have heard the 3 schools he is most interested in are UConn, St.John's and BC. All 3 supposedly have offered. I have not seen him pitch in HS, but did see him pitch in little league and he was outstanding. I am hoping to check him pitch this week.

Reaction Score
Is he related to Dodger G.M. Nick Colletti?
Good question, and I don't know the answer. If so, hopefully the elder Coletti will give him the correct advice. Hopefully that advice will be to attend UConn.

Reaction Score
Watched BCHS beat Maloney 7 - 0 tonight at Muzzy field. Matt Blandino pitched a no-hitter with 15 strikeouts in a 7 inning game. Spoke to his dad prior to game and was told that St. John's is currently recruiting him the hardest, but he is still definitely interested in UConn. I was told after the game that there was someone from UConn scouting him tonight. Was told he throws in the high 80's (seemed right to me from watching him tonight). He has great command and pitches quickly ( does not waste time between pitches). Definitely a D1 prospect. Heard earlier in the year he pitched a complete game shutout on just 58 pitches. Would love to see him at UConn. Also to top that off he led off the first inning with a triple.

Reaction Score
guys im going to take a couple of these threads and put them all together with the base thread i made. is that ok with everyone?

what names of commits am i missing for the 1st post of that thread?
For 2013 you can add Tom Milone an OF from Masuk high. He comitted last summer as he entered his jr year. I understand his dad played pro ball. Not sure if he made it to the bigs, or not. Also, Penders was on WTIC last week and said they have several recruits committed for '13. I don't know any further names, however.

Reaction Score
Daniello pitched a one-hitter yesterday (a 7th inning, 2 out bloop over the 1st baseman's head) with a broken finger on his throwing hand. I know he's a stud infielder, but does anyone know if he'll see anytime on the mound?

Reaction Score
In HS your best athletes usually play shortstop. Because they are so good at this level, these guys will also pitch. UConn has another SS from E. Longmeadow MA coming in also. He also pitches well too. My guess is these kids will be infielders only in college.
We have 2 pitchers from NY State, 1 from NJ, and 2 from MA coming in next year.

Reaction Score
Saw Amity beat Shelton today 2-1. Siena does look like a 2b. He hit a 380foot double over the CFs head, flew out to right and lined to third.
Was very impressed with the pitchers. Testani from Shelton (i dont know if he's related) is a 6'5" junior with an awesome breaking ball.
Amity's starter Pokluda only gave up 2 hits and their ace closed by striking out the side in the 7th. Another 6'5" junior, Nepiarsky throws smoke.

Reaction Score
I was told Nepiarsky is going to UConn and Testani from Shelton is not related. I don't think that Testani has the velocity to get recruited by any major D1 programs but I do think he can be a solid low to mid major prospect. It was on heck of a game, although I wish Daiss had not been injured the other day because I would have loved to see him pitch for Shelton after Testani was pulled.

Reaction Score
If Nepiarsky is headed to UConn for 2013 that's great. He was Amity's winning pitcher on Thursday. He came into last nites game and struck out the side in the final inning to close it out.

Reaction Score
Is or has UConn recruited or ever looked at a kid named Kezlin Douglas?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Whose twitter is that?

Reaction Score
Is or has UConn recruited or ever looked at a kid named Kezlin Douglas?
According to pgcrosschecker.com Douglas is an 2013 uncomitted ss from Manchester CT high.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom