Badfish tribute band for Sublime? | The Boneyard

Badfish tribute band for Sublime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curious if anyone knows of these guys and if they are any good or at least entertaining? I see they play all over New England and they are playing tomorrow night at the Ocean Mist in Matunuk and I was wondering whether it with my wife and others time to walk over and catch the 9pm show. Seems to be the perfect beach/ reggae type band but not sure how good they are. I am sure I will be in the Mist already but then they come around and ask if you want to stay and watch, and then get 20-25 bucks from you if staying (yeah even if you already have a $200 dollar tab with a few people LOL

Thanks for any thoughts on these guys and everyone enjoy their weekend!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes I know them.
Yes they are good if you like sublime

Reaction Score
I saw them @ Toads place in new haven a few years ago. I enjoyed the show

Reaction Score
Curious if anyone knows of these guys and if they are any good or at least entertaining? I see they play all over New England and they are playing tomorrow night at the Ocean Mist in Matunuk and I was wondering whether it with my wife and others time to walk over and catch the 9pm show. Seems to be the perfect beach/ reggae type band but not sure how good they are. I am sure I will be in the Mist already but then they come around and ask if you want to stay and watch, and then get 20-25 bucks from you if staying (yeah even if you already have a $200 dollar tab with a few people LOL

I saw them @Toads years ago too, they're a great tribute band. If you like sublime you'll have an awesome time!

August_West

Reaction Score
but then they come around and ask if you want to stay and watch, and then get 20-25 bucks from you if staying (yeah even if you already have a $200 dollar tab with a few people LOL

Yeah, it's called musicians need to get paid for working. You against that mau? We are going to have an issue. ;-)

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
A friend of mine plays sax in Badfish. Like others have said, they're good if you like Sublime. Fun shows, lots of energy.

Reaction Score
Saw them in Wilmington about 2 months ago...great show

Reaction Score
I am a huge sublime fan and thought I was preserving the history and name by only listening to the original band. This band is solid. Sublime w/Rome also does some great reprises of original tracks. The kid comes about as close as anyone has to matching the soul Brad sang with.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Yeah, it's called musicians need to get paid for working. You against that mau? We are going to have an issue. ;-)
Toss them a bottle of ketchup mau and if you are feeling really generous throw in a turkey sandwich.

Reaction Score
I am a huge sublime fan and thought I was preserving the history and name by only listening to the original band. This band is solid. Sublime w/Rome also does some great reprises of original tracks. The kid comes about as close as anyone has to matching the soul Brad sang with.

I love Sublime but have a really hard time getting into the Rome stuff.

Reaction Score
Thanks to everyone, just got back from RI - didn't see the show but heard some of it from the roof top of Tara's Tipperary - sounded pretty damn good and entertaining - The Mist was mobbed so the word was out and they obviously have a huge following.

Man you can go to the BY for anything huh - pizza, wings, music, sandwiches, bars, to get from others - love this place

August_West

Reaction Score
Man you can go to the BY for anything huh - pizza, wings, music, sandwiches, bars, to get from others - love this place
@8893 will even give you studied wave direction reports from green point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle