Azzi's shooting practice | The Boneyard

Azzi's shooting practice

Reaction Score
A few here, first Geno will not have to be hollering at Paige to pass less and shoot more. ;)

Good laugh half way through when she asked her brother to rebound for her. She should have used the word pass as all the shots were nothing but net.
Half joking here as there is the other side. I can hear Geno's comment now... " You produced a half hour video on your practice routine and not a single portion of it had anything to do with playing defense"? :eek: :confused: :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A few here, first Geno will not have to be hollering at Paige to pass less and shoot more. ;)

Good laugh half way through when she asked her brother to rebound for her. She should have used the word pass as all the shots were nothing but net.
Half joking here as there is the other side. I can hear Geno's comment now... " You produced a half hour video on your practice routine and not a single portion of it had anything to do with playing defense"? :eek: :confused: :D
Or "I've got Ms. All World on offense and Ms. All World Matador on defense". It's coming y'all.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Just came across this video from last year that I have not seen before. Man, she is a natural.

I recommended this video a couple of months ago. Makes them without thinking about it, just amazing.

Reaction Score
She has a couple of other videos showing dribbling workouts that are pretty impressive, a very structured practice routine generally involving two balls at the same time on the more advanced ones.

Reaction Score
Geno: She didn't miss..guess Paige was guarding her.G
Lol... Geno is sharpening his one liners no doubt. I'm also sure he's also not sleeping much these days. When you have this much talent at your disposal any coach much less a HOF would be chomping at the bit to get his hands on them! So much flexibility/line up combos he can go to.. He will have an answer for whatever any other team throws at him.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
OMG she can teach Olivia how to make layups !! HAHA.
It's just not the same without pressure. I remember I was in a free throw shooting contest once. ( long, long time ago.) First round, made 23 or 24 out of 25. Got in a grove. After I was tied, we had a shoot off,best of ten. I think I hit six. What was the difference? Pressure! The closer I got to winning, the harder it was to make the shots. Could she make those layups with another body leaning on her? Maybe, maybe not.

Reaction Score
It's just not the same without pressure. I remember I was in a free throw shooting contest once. ( long, long time ago.) First round, made 23 or 24 out of 25. Got in a grove. After I was tied, we had a shoot off,best of ten. I think I hit six. What was the difference? Pressure! The closer I got to winning, the harder it was to make the shots. Could she make those layups with another body leaning on her? Maybe, maybe not.
I guess that separates the women from the girls..

Reaction Score
Nice backyard court, all fenced in so no chasing balls. A private zen-like spot. Another foot or so at the sidelines would have been nice.

Chalked or spray painted in front of the free throw line is CUWBB. Is that Connecticut University Women's Basketball? Hopefully something else as surely she'd know that was wrong.

Reaction Score
Come on, she's an elite player. This isn't a "wait and see" proposition. Did you notice Paige having any trouble finishing this year. Of course not.
You become elite with sound and consistent practice routines. Paige mentions all the time how she has confidence due to the hard work she has put in. Notice how she is always on balance. That's a biggie takeaway for me.
We're going to have 2 Paiges next year. I can see Paige finding Azzi for game-winners next year, that is, if we have any close games next year.

Reaction Score

"For me, it's her sense of herself and how she is on the court," Auriemma said of Fudd's strengths. "The way she plays the game, in a way that's not rushed, not hurried, not just helter-skelter. She plays in a way that allows her to take advantage of the fact that she knows the game really well.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Nice backyard court, all fenced in so no chasing balls. A private zen-like spot. Another foot or so at the sidelines would have been nice.

Chalked or spray painted in front of the free throw line is CUWBB. Is that Connecticut University Women's Basketball? Hopefully something else as surely she'd know that was wrong.

This is definitely not the outdoor setup she has at her house.

If I had to guess, based purely on the court graffiti, I'd say she's probably at her former high school/AAU teammate Carly Rivera's house -- who plays for Columbia.

This is also the point where I realize I've spent too much time reading about and following Azzi's recruitment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is definitely not the outdoor setup she has at her house.

If I had to guess, based purely on the court graffiti, I'd say she's probably at her former high school/AAU teammate Carly Rivera's house -- who plays for Columbia.

This is also the point where I realize I've spent too much time reading about and following Azzi's recruitment.
Nothing like hard earned expertise to clear up a mystery. I am relieved that it wasn't Azzi's doing.

Reaction Score
Have seen few shooting exhibitions after she hurt her foot and was in boot, excluding her competition that DuCharme won. Would love to she how she is playing and moving 3x 3 or full court versus the weight lifting and related videos that are on web.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom