Azzi out 3-6 weeks (infinite scream) [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

Azzi out 3-6 weeks (infinite scream) [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the injury last year where it seemed relatively minor at the time in November, but then turned into 6-8 weeks.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I was glad that Geno held her out of the game on Sunday. With knees, especially this being her repaired one, IMHO a sprain/injury of any degree to LCL, MCL, or PCL should be allowed to heal before playing, so there's no added stress to the joint from the latest compromise.

NB - I don't know the injury details, just supposing based on the length of recovery. The announcers said the trainers were massaging the back area of her knee, but what that relates to, no idea.

Reaction Score
Well that's a kick in the butt. I would say the bench has to grow up quickly, but they are already in that mode. I think it is fair to say that prospects for a high tournament seed and another possible trip to the final four just got quite a bit lower.

Reaction Score
I have followed women's college basketball for a number of years, and I've never seen anything like this. It's a constant onslaught, now year after year, with several of the starting five out for weeks, months, or a year at a time. I know that other teams have had a year here and there with injuries, but I've never seen the number of injuries elsewhere continue from year to year with different players but new injuries. Unfortunately, any losses we experience will impact our seeding at the end of the season.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Azzi! Do we know what the injury is?
It's important to note UConn's release did not specify what type of knee injury she suffered.
However, Fudd does have a history of lower-leg injuries (tore her ACL/MCL in HS + last year's ongoing foot injury)

The provided timeline of three to six weeks would put Fudd’s return between Dec. 28 at No. 18 Creighton and Jan. 15 vs. Georgetown. Fudd will be monitored by the UConn Sports Medicine staff throughout her recovery.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

I'm numb. I am emotionally tied to this program. SMH. What else is going to befall this program? :(

That means the EARLIEST she could return is AFTER the Christmas break. The latest is Somewhere in the vicinity of Jan 15. Games in the vicinity of that date..............St. Johns in Queens on Jan 11, or Georgetown in Hartford Jan 15.

She'll miss games with : Princeton, @ Maryland, Florida State (Uncasville), Seton Hall (Dec 28).

If she's out 6 weeks, she'll also miss games with @ Creighton, Marquette, @ Butler, DePaul, @ St. Johns and possibly Georgetown.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well that's a kick in the butt. I would say the bench has to grow up quickly, but they are already in that mode. I think it is fair to say that prospects for a high tournament seed and another possible trip to the final four just got quite a bit lower.

I disagree. Within the next six weeks the only two games that really should be questionable to win are at Maryland and at Creighton, and even without Azzi I think we're still favorites in both (especially if Dorka is back)

They should still be double-digit favorites against Florida State, Princeton, Seton Hall and Marquette (all good teams but not great), all at home.

This will give Caroline and Aubrey (and possibly Amari and Ines) more of a chance to get extended minutes so that they are in full game shape physically and mentally for when Azzi returns.

This will be a scary team to play on February 5th.

Reaction Score
Disappointed for Azzi. Second straight season she’ll miss significant time, just like Bueckers. Envision this means she’ll miss anywhere from 5 to 13 games given the timeline.

Perhaps Ducharme can recreate history. After we lost Bueckers against ND in early December, she went on a tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom