Azzi out 3-6 weeks (infinite scream) [Merged Thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Azzi out 3-6 weeks (infinite scream) [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m gonna make a complete Tony out of myself. Assuming no more season ending injuries, we will have the same team that we began the season with at crunch time. A team that many feel is a FF team. I pay no attention to seeding. Maybe we lose a few games and are a 2,3 4 seed. I don’t care. If we are a FF team, we beat whoever they put in front of us. I’m also optimistic about Azzi’s return to her past performance since it appears that no surgery is necessary. 4,6,8 weeks…doesn’t matter as long as we get a 100% Azzi back whenever it is. We’re gonna be ok.

Now, I can get back to the skeptical, sarcastic Lobo Days and all those “Dislikes”.
Nah, we all get dislikes. I’m not a fan of the option, honestly, because fans here are in large part different from the men’s hoops and football boards. The thumbs down confuses and intimidates some of our less tech-savvy fans. hope it doesn’t scare people into not posting.

The thumbs down isn’t a personal comment, it just means someone disagrees with your statement. Even knowing that, it’s hard not to take it personally at times. Chin up, no one remembers your thumbs down or the post that caused it. Trust me on this

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Once again, gut-check time.

Good thing I don`t matter, because I am failing this gut-check thing miserably. You would think I`d be good at it by now, but noooo.

These young women, on the other hand, are very resilient and will move forward together.

Reaction Score
That UConn player was pushed into her by a ND player, if the player hadn't have pushed AE, it wouldn't have happened.
Juhasz was also pushed down from behind by an opponent when she fractured her wrist. Injuries like that are part of sports. While I think that less physicality and more finesse would benefit wcbb, pushing, banging into and falling will always be a part of the game.
When I was much younger and more foolish I tried parachute jumping despite a serious fear of heights. An unforgettable experience. One thing I learned was how to fall and roll. Believe it or not the landing is the most dangerous part of the jump (even if the chute opens). I was taught for hours how to roll on impact and being naturally clumsy it has come in handy countless times in my life. Geno should bring in a judo instructor for his players.

Reaction Score
Nah, we all get dislikes. I’m not a fan of the option, honestly, because fans here are in large part different from the men’s hoops and football boards. The thumbs down confuses and intimidates some of our less tech-savvy fans. hope it doesn’t scare people into not posting.

The thumbs down isn’t a personal comment, it just means someone disagrees with your statement. Even knowing that, it’s hard not to take it personally at times. Chin up, no one remembers your thumbs down or the post that caused it. Trust me on this
It’s not like that at all. I encourage them. If I comment on someone’s shooting ability by saying “I haven’t seen that many bricks since the 3rd little piggy built his house”, I would be disappointed if “Dislikes” didn’t flow in.

Reaction Score

I don't know it would have made any difference, but if I were UCONN coach, I would have removed Azzi from the game the moment the injury occurred. Instead, she was allowed to try and play through it. Limping noticeably for all to see. I think the coaches erred on this one. 3-6 weeks suggest an MCL or ACL strain. And no guarantee that "rest" will yield a perfect and permanent cure.

This leaves our bench completely empty, assuming coach will ( on principle ) not play Amari or the Portuguese guard. If he plays only six, more injuries are likely. It seems to me that "all the rules are now off." And that he needs to play everyone, whether they have, in his eyes, earned it or not. But I don't expect to see that.

He will start Edwards, Muhl, Lou, Caroline and Aubrey. Pattersonwill enter as first ( and only ) person off the bench, and score her usual 4 point on put backs, and garner her usual 4 rebounds. In my view, Geno should encourage her ( maybe he always does?) to show the world what she has got. I would welcome seeing more of the back-up guard ( before Muhl collapses ) and De Berry ( I understand if Edwards comes out for rest, we have no one more than 6'), who is 6'%' and better than we think ( I hope ). In any case, the is grim.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know it would have made any difference, but if I were UCONN coach, I would have removed Azzi from the game the moment the injury occurred. Instead, she was allowed to try and play through it. Limping noticeably for all to see. I think the coaches erred on this one. 3-6 weeks suggest an MCL or ACL strain. And no guarantee that "rest" will yield a perfect and permanent cure. This leaves our bench completely empty, assuming coach will ( on principle ) not play Amari or the Portuguese guard. If he plays only six, more injuries are likely. It seems to me that "all the rules are now off." And that he needs to play everyone, whether they have, in his eyes, earned it or not. But I don't expect to see that. He will start Edwards, Muhl, Lou, Caroline and Aubrey. Pattersonwill enter as first ( and only ) person off the bench, and score her usual 4 point on put backs, and garner her usual 4 rebounds. In my view, Geno should encourage
her ( maybe he always does?) to show the world what she has got. I would welcome seeing more of the back-up guard ( before Muhl collapses ) and De Berry ( I understand if Edwards comes out for rest, we have no one more than 6'), who is 6'%' and better than we think ( I hope ). In any case, the is grim.
Ines. Her name is Ines.

Reaction Score
I am just flabbergasted by the past two seasons and these injuries. It's unlike anything I've ever seen.

Get well soon, kid!
Reminds me of Maya’s freshman season when the 2 starters went down with ACL injuries, such a bummer but, hopefully makes us stronger!

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I don't know it would have made any difference, but if I were UCONN coach, I would have removed Azzi from the game the moment the injury occurred. Instead, she was allowed to try and play through it. Limping noticeably for all to see. I think the coaches erred on this one. 3-6 weeks suggest an MCL or ACL strain. And no guarantee that "rest" will yield a perfect and permanent cure. This leaves our bench completely empty, assuming coach will ( on principle ) not play Amari or the Portuguese guard. If he plays only six, more injuries are likely. It seems to me that "all the rules are now off." And that he needs to play everyone, whether they have, in his eyes, earned it or not. But I don't expect to see that. He will start Edwards, Muhl, Lou, Caroline and Aubrey. Pattersonwill enter as first ( and only ) person off the bench, and score her usual 4 point on put backs, and garner her usual 4 rebounds. In my view, Geno should encourage
her ( maybe he always does?) to show the world what she has got. I would welcome seeing more of the back-up guard ( before Muhl collapses ) and De Berry ( I understand if Edwards comes out for rest, we have no one more than 6'), who is 6'%' and better than we think ( I hope ). In any case, the is grim.

Here, this might help.

Reaction Score
1670364566289.png
Nooo. Not another #@**&^$ injury. And to our best shooter at that? If anyone has any extra decorative bubblewrap wallpaper, will you please donate some of it to the Uconn wcbb team. :)

Reaction Score
Let's really really hope we have Dorka back for Maryland.
Have seen Maryland play twice and they can be sloppy with ball handling. If our defense is working, predict a double digot win.

Reaction Score
I wonder how the strength and conditioning coaches feel after the past two years. They could be doing everything right and then a freak accident occurs and a kid bulldozes another kid who falls into another's knee. I know it's often talked about, the fragility of a season, or health in general.

Random rant. It's not that the play was dirty but it rubs me the wrong way after the fact.

Reaction Score
It’s not like that at all. I encourage them. If I comment on someone’s shooting ability by saying “I haven’t seen that many bricks since the 3rd little piggy built his house”, I would be disappointed if “Dislikes” didn’t flow in.
I don’t even know how to do a dislick

Reaction Score
If this injury looks like it will hamper Azzi all season, maybe she should consider a medical red shirt so she can have another year of eligibility?

Reaction Score
Why do you not understand that UCONN injuries are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
Well said, Coco--I know we have ardent UConn fans but being a fan does not entitle us to knowing any and everything about players and their injuries These are young, gifted athletes, they are not anyone's possessions or commodities....

Reaction Score
9 I believe, but it does change game to game, unfortunately… Go Uconn!
We have 12 players, 4 injured (Paige, Ice, Azzi and Droka). Assume Caroline is fully healthy we have 8 players including 3 freshmen.

Let pray Azzi and Droka can be recovered and healthy ASAP. Go UConn.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I wonder how the strength and conditioning coaches feel after the past two years. They could be doing everything right and then a freak accident occurs and a kid bulldozes another kid who falls into another's knee. I know it's often talked about, the fragility of a season, or health in general.

Random rant. It's not that the play was dirty but it rubs me the wrong way after the fact.
Maybe, there is too much "strength and conditioning."

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
If this injury looks like it will hamper Azzi all season, maybe she should consider a medical red shirt so she can have another year of eligibility?
What do you think is more important to Azzi
A. Taking a medical red shirt because she might be hampered
B. Helping this team make it to the National Championship?

Yup, good question :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
Before addressing the slop up above, I wish Azzi a full recovery. I trust she knows how much support and care us fans have for her.

Now, to the tedious part… Parents, the good ones at least, teach their kids the differences between I need and I want and the most foolish I have a right.

Are we curious for more details? Sure. Nothing wrong with that.
Do we need those details? No. Let me repeat that. No.
Are we entitled to know a kid's personal medical information? Hell no!

Suppose you or I had every last bit of someone else's kid's medical, private information.

Would us knowing that stuff help her recovery?

Would us knowing it help the team deal with the adversity?

Oh, so we want to know, but neither need to know or are entitled to know.

That's simple enough.
Well, we learned quite a bit about Paige's injury last year, a similar hyper-extension, and I expect we'll know more about Azzi's over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom