Azzi out 3-6 weeks (infinite scream) [Merged Thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Azzi out 3-6 weeks (infinite scream) [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Maya’s freshman season when the 2 starters went down with ACL injuries, such a bummer but, hopefully makes us stronger!

Every injury makes me appreciate Maya Moore even more. She played in all 154 games in her career and still holds the NCAA record for most games scoring in double-figures.

1670367501508.png

Reaction Score
Given the situation, I expect Caroline to be very good , again , very soon. She knows she's got to play, ergo no pressure, Bingo!

Reaction Score
"Fudd underwent evaluation on Monday and an MRI confirmed the injury, says UConn."

I wrote that she needed an MRI on Sunday, and some posters dismissed it.
They don't appreciate your medical degree from Saba University School of Medicine - a 30-year-old institution on a 5-square-mile island in the northeastern Caribbean Sea, near St. Maarten. No, their program is still not accredited in Connecticut! :D

Reaction Score
Nah, we all get dislikes. I’m not a fan of the option, honestly, because fans here are in large part different from the men’s hoops and football boards. The thumbs down confuses and intimidates some of our less tech-savvy fans. hope it doesn’t scare people into not posting.

The thumbs down isn’t a personal comment, it just means someone disagrees with your statement. Even knowing that, it’s hard not to take it personally at times. Chin up, no one remembers your thumbs down or the post that caused it. Trust me on this
I don’t even know how to do a dislick
I think you just hold the “like button down longer

Reaction Score
I knew this was going to be the case unfortunately the moment I saw the replay in slow motion. Just waiting for the official announcement. And just as Dorka's broken thumb was never going to be keeping her out for only three games, this should be considered the minimum length time out for Fudd, not necessarily even the most likely.

It will be fun watching the team adapt, something they did not have any time to do on Sunday. Geno is great at that aspect, as we saw with the evolution last year after Paige's injury.

Obvoiusly though another real gut-wrenching event for the program and its fans to have to endure

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I guess I didn't already despise Notre Dame enough. The fact that they keep crippling our star players only takes it to a whole new level for me.

Really? Because I don't remember that ACL injury at all. She must have healed from it in world-record time, because less than a month later she tore her ACL again at Wake Forest.

Plebe. Mea Culpa! I must've forgotten my Prevagen (or some memory supplement) today. I had a vision of Lili writhing in pain on the baseline in the second half of an away game the early part of the season. No physical contact with another player, just down. Thanks for the correction.

Reaction Score
Wwll, I have seen the replay now, and that is a football, not basketball, play. Should be no place for that in the game.
That’s a player running through a screen..it happens in almost every game. It’s a foul and was called a foul. It is a shame Fudd was injured on the play, but injuries happen. Next person up. Gut check time for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Let's just remember what happened last year when Paige went down. UConn was supposed to have an easy time with Georgia Tech, but came out dispirited and disorganized. I attended that game, and can say it was the worst UConn performance I've seen in 25 or so years of watching. Understandable in a sense, but unexpected from a team that usually is so well-prepared. I'm just hoping the same thing does not happen against Princeton.
On another grim note, the easiest strategy for any opponent during these next six weeks will be to get players, especially guards in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Wwll, I have seen the replay now, and that is a football, not basketball, play. Should be no place for that in the game.
I never noticed that she just tried going THROUGH two screeners. I could understand if they had set up an elevator screen, but it was stationary and Azzi went around them.

Reaction Score
I must have been the last person in the UConn universe to hear the news. I saw it on an ESPN crawl about an hour ago. I'd of chimed in on this thread faster but it took awhile to recover my exploded brain.

Of course, best wishes to Azzi for a speedy (ish) and full recovery.

Nope, don't feel any need for more info than that she injured her knee.

I look forward to seeing how things work out while Azzi is out. I think we'll do ok (please, please no repeat of that horrible GA Tech game).

Dorka needs to get back soon. Without her managing minutes will be a nightmare.

As much as I appreciate hustle, for the time being let's not have players diving for loose balls unless it really matters We've reached our injury limit.

Reaction Score
Before addressing the slop up above, I wish Azzi a full recovery. I trust she knows how much support and care us fans have for her.

Now, to the tedious part… Parents, the good ones at least, teach their kids the differences between I need and I want and the most foolish I have a right.

Are we curious for more details? Sure. Nothing wrong with that.
Do we need those details? No. Let me repeat that. No.
Are we entitled to know a kid's personal medical information? Hell no!

Suppose you or I had every last bit of someone else's kid's medical, private information.

Would us knowing that stuff help her recovery?

Would us knowing it help the team deal with the adversity?

Oh, so we want to know, but neither need to know or are entitled to know.

That's simple enough.
Well said. I’m surprised there are actually down votes to what you said. Baffling. Most of you are nicer than me, as my response to these people is none of your f$&)&$ business. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom