Azzi getting some Pro (NBA) tips | The Boneyard

Azzi getting some Pro (NBA) tips

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the season to start! I am so looking forward to see how the team will gel and what the chemistry will be on the floor with some new faces. Azzi will make this team so much better and just her presence on the floor should create opportunities for others. Go Huskies!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi looks like she is spending time in the gym (weight room)
Indeed!!! Look at a photo of ONO as a freshman, and look at her now. The weight room builds muscle. Brionna Jones (Maryland) of the Connecticut Sun is a prime example. When she was at Maryland, she was IMO soft and puggy. Not anymore. She's very aggressive, lost all of the flab and excess weight, and her arms now have some definition. Hard regular workouts in the weight room do produce the desired results.

1633013437221.png

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the season to start! I am so looking forward to see how the team will gel and what the chemistry will be on the floor with some new faces. Azzi will make this team so much better and just her presence on the floor should create opportunities for others. Go Huskies!
Teams won't dare try and double team any of UConn's players, leaving someone w-i-d-e open. ;) The results would be disastrous for them.

Reaction Score
When's the first practice? Men had theirs a couple days ago, so the women can't be far behind. We should start getting regular press coverage again once practices begin.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
When's the first practice? Men had theirs a couple days ago, so the women can't be far behind. We should start getting regular press coverage again once practices begin.
The NCAA allows practice to begin 42 days before the first regular season game with a maximum of 30 practices during that window. I believe for UConn that would be October 2 although Geno does not typically conduct his first practice on the date permitted by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
The NCAA allows practice to begin 42 days before the first regular season game with a maximum of 30 practices during that window. I believe for UConn that would be October 2 although Geno does not typically conduct his first practice on the date permitted by the NCAA.
Yeah I just checked out the schedule and counted backwards 42 days and it got me to October 3rd which is this Sunday, so maybe some time next week.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yeah I just checked out the schedule and counted backwards 42 days and it got me to October 3rd which is this Sunday, so maybe some time next week.
Sound right. I forgot about the 31 days in Oct.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Azzi looks like she is spending time in the gym (weight room)
Azzi is deceptively fit for an incoming freshmen. She looks more like a sophomore than she does a HS kid. That's one of the reasons I think that her transition to upper major college ball may go more smoothly than most.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The level of enthusiasm for Azzi is pretty high. However, the last time I looked that did not translate into predictions she'll start. Course, last years predictions started much the same for a certain Ms Paige Bueckers. Certainly going to be an interesting season.

Reaction Score
Here's what "gel" looks like:
1633035371370.png

I assume we want "jell," not this stuff . . .

Reaction Score
It really is “gel”. See definition #2 in the verb section.
You're correct. The words are synonymous. I apologize to the user. As Alison Krauss sings, "You say it best when you say nothing at all."
1633095897777.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom