Azzi Four Schools Remain on List, Not Two. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi Four Schools Remain on List, Not Two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
I know you’re all sick of the speculative Azzi posts, but I think I can help with this, and am pleased to do so because the breaking news is appears to be positive, but allow me to begin with just one caveat: I would never deny my friends on this forum the knowledge to which I am now privy, but I must urge all of you, in the strongest possible terms, to keep this information confidential, just “within the family.” One never knows who might attempt to misuse it!

OK, here’s the scoop: I have a brother-in-law (my wife’s sister’s second husband) who is a periodontist in Los Angeles. His name is Marty. Marty has a dental hygienist employee named Irma Jean. Irma Jean’s daughter, Philomena (everyone calls her Phil), is best friends with Azzi’s first cousin, Unni, who resides in L.A.. Unni pals around with a UCLA sophomore named Eugene, who is a varsity tennis player. Purportedly, when Azzi went out to UCLA to have a look around, Phil asked Unni to introduce Azzi to Eugene, which she did, and Eugene allegedly gave Azzi a campus tour. My understanding is that Azzi became immediately smitten with both Eugene and the campus, and a “relationship” ensued. Now, here comes the major news: Azzi confided to Unni, who told Phil, who told Irma Jean, who told Marty, who then shared with me that in Azzi’s absence subsequent to her departure for home, Eugene got a bit frisky with a current UCLA freshman named BillieSue. Azzi is reportedly furious and, understandably, feeling betrayed, and is currently reevaluating her feelings about both UCLA and Eugene. I think that’s how Louisville and Maryland crept into the picture kind of late in the game.

Now, what does all this mean? Who knows? But, as I’m sure you will agree, this can’t be bad for the Huskies’ chances!! But remember, shhhh!
Bigpetunia, no worry about me keeping quiet.....I couldn't repeat that if I tried.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know you’re all sick of the speculative Azzi posts, but I think I can help with this, and am pleased to do so because the breaking news is appears to be positive, but allow me to begin with just one caveat: I would never deny my friends on this forum the knowledge to which I am now privy, but I must urge all of you, in the strongest possible terms, to keep this information confidential, just “within the family.” One never knows who might attempt to misuse it!

OK, here’s the scoop: I have a brother-in-law (my wife’s sister’s second husband) who is a periodontist in Los Angeles. His name is Marty. Marty has a dental hygienist employee named Irma Jean. Irma Jean’s daughter, Philomena (everyone calls her Phil), is best friends with Azzi’s first cousin, Unni, who resides in L.A.. Unni pals around with a UCLA sophomore named Eugene, who is a varsity tennis player. Purportedly, when Azzi went out to UCLA to have a look around, Phil asked Unni to introduce Azzi to Eugene, which she did, and Eugene allegedly gave Azzi a campus tour. My understanding is that Azzi became immediately smitten with both Eugene and the campus, and a “relationship” ensued. Now, here comes the major news: Azzi confided to Unni, who told Phil, who told Irma Jean, who told Marty, who then shared with me that in Azzi’s absence subsequent to her departure for home, Eugene got a bit frisky with a current UCLA freshman named BillieSue. Azzi is reportedly furious and, understandably, feeling betrayed, and is currently reevaluating her feelings about both UCLA and Eugene. I think that’s how Louisville and Maryland crept into the picture kind of late in the game.

Now, what does all this mean? Who knows? But, as I’m sure you will agree, this can’t be bad for the Huskies’ chances!! But remember, shhhh!

Reaction Score
It may well be that Azzi is conflicted between the continuation of her close relationship with Paige or striking out on her own to set her own path because, really, playing for Geno has to be more appealing than playing for any of the other 3 coaches she's considering.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Thanks, I also missed it in the lengthy thread on Azzi.

It was a newly dated article and prior to posting it, I did check the other Azzi thread last page and didn't see it posted there. Since it was a new article and I wasn't aware of 4 schools, I created a new thread.

QUOTE="bballnut90, post: 3720562, member: 2117"]
Thanks for sharing...I didn't read the full Azzi thread so this is news to me
[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score

Those of us outside the inner circle of Fudd.

1604149528841.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Freshman hype: UConn’s Paige Bueckers is this year’s sensation; Azzi Fudd could be next

https://www.ctinsider.com/uconn/ctp..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

Reaction Score

This was the kind of information Micheal Douglas was looking for in Wall St. What detective work!!!!! Can we trust it that is the question? Is there a Billie Sue on the current team? The boneyard detectives will be busy at work today.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The information that Azzi has relatives in Southern CA is interesting. I would point out that Boston not only has an aunt in Worcester, MA, an hour from Storrs, but Boston was living with her aunt while attending HS at Worcester Academy, and that didn’t seem to influence her college decision. Maybe if Boston’s aunt had a t-shirt made up, that might have swung her to UConn.....:confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You are right "we are stacked" big time....I am getting sick of these Fudd posts too. When and if she comes to Uconn so be it. We should be happy with what we have right now. Because we are going to win several championships with or without Fudd..

Reminds me of EDD... It turned out we didn't need her to win either.

Of course I would like to see Fudd come too (and I think she will) but I love the newcomers we have now.... Paige is going to be a big time player. (Ie: Diana Taursi like)

There is an obsession that some folks here have with Azzi that they find hard to contain, and can’t resist the urge to share. Their exuberance does not bother me in the least. If I’m not interested in its content, I simply move on to the next comment or thread.

If she comes, great, if not, I take comfort in what Geno tells perspective recruits: “we’re going to win with you or without you”. Yes, we are stacked. Geno is going to have quite a time getting all of his players minutes as it is. If Azzi comes, her talent and gifts will make room for her. She will make a good team better.

Today is November 1. Only 10 more days until her birthday, and the first day seniors can formally sign a letter of intent. Some program is going to get a real jewel, I hope it’s UConn. If she comes here, the BY will explode.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
This was the kind of information Micheal Douglas was looking for in Wall St. What detective work!!!!! Can we trust it that is the question? Is there a Billie Sue on the current team? The boneyard detectives will be busy at work today.

I just want to know when this movie will debut.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
.....OK, here’s the scoop: .... Unni pals around with a UCLA sophomore named Eugene, who is a varsity tennis player.... shhhh!
There is no “Eugene” on either of the Men’s or Women’s Tennis teams. So either you forgot the “:rolleyes:” emoji or this quote-
Bueller? Simone : Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferrispass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
:confused:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
There is an obsession that some folks here have with Azzi that they find hard to contain, and can’t resist the urge to share. Their exuberance does not bother me in the least. If I’m not interested in its content, I simply move on to the next comment or thread.

If she comes, great, if not, I take comfort in what Geno tells perspective recruits: “we’re going to win with you or without you”. Yes, we are stacked. Geno is going to have quite a time getting all of his players minutes as it is. If Azzi comes, her talent and gifts will make room for her. She will make a good team better.

Today is November 1. Only 10 more days until her birthday, and the first day seniors can formally sign a letter of intent. Some program is going to get a real jewel, I hope it’s UConn. If she comes here, the BY will explode.
There you go again Carnac, under stating a situation. Fudd will make a great team better. ;) She will make a good team better if she chooses to attend some other school.:confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
There you go again Carnac, under stating a situation. Fudd will make a great team better. ;) She will make a good team better if she chooses to attend some other school.:confused:

I don’t want UConn to have a BIG head yet. I wanted to leave room for improvement. A good team can win, do a lot of damage, and break a lot of hearts and spirits. One step at a time. Be “good” first“, then work even harder and smarter and inspire to be great. Good teams win games. Great teams win championships.

The Breanna Stewart era teams began each year good, and finished it great, making adjustments and improvements along the way. See Don, there IS a method to my madness. ;)

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don’t want UConn to have a BIG head yet. I wanted to leave room for improvement. A good team can win, do a lot of damage, and break a lot of hearts and spirits. One step at a time. Be “good” first“, then work even harder and smarter and inspire to be great. Good teams win games. Great teams win championships.

The Breanna Stewart era teams began each year good, and finished it great, making adjustments and improvements along the way. See Don, there IS a method to my madness. ;)
Makes sense to me.:)

Carnac

Reaction Score
It may well be that Azzi is conflicted between the continuation of her close relationship with Paige or striking out on her own to set her own path because, really, playing for Geno has to be more appealing than playing for any of the other 3 coaches she's considering.

All things considered, you’d think her choice should be an easy one. It isn’t. Everyday, she is bombarded by family, friends and associates giving her well meaning but unsolicited advice, because they ALL know where she should go. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All things considered, you’d think her choice should be an easy one. It isn’t. Everyday, she is bombarded by family, friends and associates giving her well meaning but unsolicited advice, because they ALL know where she should go. :confused:
Perhaps the boneyard could chip in and send her some noise canceling headphones for her birthday or would that be a violation of some obscure rule?

Reaction Score
OK, so she has some relatives in Southern Cal. But to make it the deciding "swing factor" in UCLA's favor makes no sense. Stack that up against playing for Geno/UCONN and getting properly developed to play in the WNBA...? I think thats the smart choice.

PS: Wait, what did I just do..? I'm helping to keep this thread alive....! Arggghhh. :eek:

Reaction Score
C’mon, my friends...I haven’t a clue as to whether or not Azzi has any kinfolk in Southern California, nor if she has a cousin named Unni (doubtful), nor if UCLA boasts an amorous tennis star mamed Eugene. The political landscape has rendered all of you much too serious

Reaction Score
All in all, it's pretty simple. If you want to be a media darling, and the subject of some people's fantasies, then you go to UConn and win championships. If you want to lay low, you go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
There is no “Eugene” on either of the Men’s or Women’s Tennis teams. So either you forgot the “:rolleyes:” emoji or this quote-
Bueller? Simone : Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferrispass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
:confused:
He is on the Lacrosse team I think.

Reaction Score
C’mon, my friends...I haven’t a clue as to whether or not Azzi has any kinfolk in Southern California, nor if she has a cousin named Unni (doubtful), nor if UCLA boasts an amorous tennis star mamed Eugene. The political landscape has rendered all of you much too serious

I think defensebb has nailed down the right contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom