Ayanna Patterson Interview | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson Interview

Reaction Score
Ayanna sounds like such a great kid! So excited to have her be a part of this program. Her and Ice are going to be a nightmare for opposing teams!

Extended 8 minute interview is included in article.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
She said a couple time how great it will be to be a part of the team. In my mind, once they commit here they ARE a part of UConn Basketball. Welcome to Husky Nation, Ayanna! #HuskyForLife #BleedBlue

Reaction Score
Rumor has it a coach in the know said something like “some players are gonna have a hard time getting on the court”
UConn is stacked!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What a great kid. Still pinching herself. Until her decision., always saw her on the court in the highlight tapes as a fierce player who never smiled. But she is making up for it now. :D:D:D

Reaction Score
A Geno Special (Typical)....Our coach and staff do it again! What a special looking recruit.....just listening to her, sounds like so many of the greats that GA convinced to come to UConn. We have such a great world-wide reputation and those bright and great athletes have been aware of it since early childhood. A kid so young and with tremendous growth (mental and physical) ahead of her could be heading for future stardom. Geno would have not selected her if she wasn't a great kid. Stay well coach and be around for more years.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Love her smile, enthusiasm, focus, team attitude, and her obvious basketball skills....! What a signing..! :D:D:D:D:D
She's a "Balla" (NY accent). I have a feeling she'll fit right in to that "we hate to lose" culture (headed by Bueckers), and do very well from the start. I see her having the same impact as a freshman that Aaliyah has this year. I think Geno has another one that he's going to have trouble keeping on the bench. ;) Christmas came early for ol Carnac this year!!! :D She was on the very top of my "want" list for 2022 players still uncommitted.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Love her smile, enthusiasm, focus, team attitude, and her obvious basketball skills....! What a signing..! :D:D:D:D:D
I hope she is a basketball player as well as an athlete.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It was just three years ago that the country was thinking that Geno has lost his recruiting touch and that UConns hold on WCBB has passed by. Holy crap, Geno must have been pissed at that assumption. Looking at the recruits for 2020, 2021, and 2022, the whole WBB world is now shuddering in their boots knowing that UConn is back with a vengeance. They always say, don't piss off the Gods.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It was just three years ago that the country was thinking that Geno has lost his recruiting touch and that UConns hold on WCBB has passed by. Holy crap, Geno must have been pissed at that assumption. Looking at the recruits for 2020, 2021, and 2022, the whole WBB world is now shuddering in their boots knowing that UConn is back with a vengeance. They always say, don't piss off the Gods.
No, not true, it was mostly the spoiled fans here on the BY who don't understand how fickle teenagers can be when selecting schools. Geno and staff also noted they whiffed on the 2016 and 2017 classes (although the 2017 class, on paper looked good without a true "big"). Among the yearly list of top 10 girls, there's always a few that have UConn on their list of finalists. When that ceases to happen where none of the top10 do not list UConn, then I will think Geno has lost his touch.

Reaction Score
With her size and Athleticism, she reminds me a little of a Diamond Miller from Ohio State.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
BY detectives- She said playing "a chance to go play with my best friends" Who do we think she is talking about? @Sluconn Husky already posted a picture with her an Amari and Azzi. Could it be them or might Ayanna be talking about someone else not already committed to UCONN?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
BY detectives- She said playing "a chance to go play with my best friends" Who do we think she is talking about? @Sluconn Husky already posted a picture with her an Amari and Azzi. Could it be them or might Ayanna be talking about someone else not already committed to UCONN?
I think she mentioned elsewhere feeling comfortable playing with Paige, DeBerry and Azzi and I think she also said she has talked briefly with Ice Brady

Reaction Score
She has the body of a 4 - power forward & she's only a HS Junior! Geno needed more physical, post players & he landed a good one!

Reaction Score
Ayanna"s shows a great attitude . We are very fortunate to have her on our team!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I liked it when she said that she would play any position that Geno wanted her to play.

Napheesa Collier circa 2014: "Inside outside, it doesn't matter I'll play wherever the team needs me."

About Aaliyah Edwards 2019,
" Edwards reflects and says that her progress has been evident and that she always learns something new. Likewise, the 2020 graduation candidate stated that she is willing to do whatever is necessary for the good of the team, be it scoring, defending person-to-person or cheering her teammates from the bench."

Saylor Poffenbarger 2020
When I asked about what position I'd play Coach (Geno) said he had no idea, but we'll figure it out when I get here.

Ayana Patterson 2021
" I'll play any position coach wants me to play."

It is not coincidence that UCONN keeps finding these kids and this is clearly what keeps Geno coaching.

Reaction Score
Love this kids attitude and spirit! By the way, there will probably be some epic weight room battles between AP and AE (at the UConn one, not the one the NCAA provides :) )...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom