Ayanna Patterson has secured NIL representation ahead of her first season | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson has secured NIL representation ahead of her first season

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
. Patterson, the No. 4 ranked player in the 2022 class, signed with Klutch Sports Group, the agency announced Wednesday.

1655320015818.png

Reaction Score
Now part of United Talent Agency (UTA), Klutch has experienced a meteoric rise under the leadership of NBA agent Rich Paul. Over the last five years, the agency has jumped 23 spots on the list of the world’s most valuable sports agencies.

The agency represents some of the NBA's biggest names, including Lebron James, Anthony Davis and John Wall, while also adding a football division that represented 2 of the first 3 players picked in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Ayanna on securing her first (of what should be many) NIL deal. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No NIL deal Carnac, an agency. May she prove worthy of some very sweet deals.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Now part of United Talent Agency (UTA), Klutch has experienced a meteoric rise under the leadership of NBA agent Rich Paul. Over the last five years, the agency has jumped 23 spots on the list of the world’s most valuable sports agencies.

The agency represents some of the NBA's biggest names, including Lebron James, Anthony Davis and John Wall, while also adding a football division that represented 2 of the first 3 players picked in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Just Curious. Any other WCBB players? WNBA pros?

I think Ayanna has an intriguing Dr. J type look and athleticism that will help with marketing opportunities in the long run. Especially if Ayanna is Clutch. ;)

Reaction Score
I think Juju Watkins and Aliyah Boston have also signed with Klutech.

Klutech current clients,
1. LeBron James – Los Angeles Lakers, SF/PF
2. Anthony Davis – Los Angeles Lakers, PF/C
3. Ben Simmons – Philadelphia 76ers, PG
4. Trae Young – Atlanta Hawks, PG
5. John Wall – Washington Wizards, PG
6. Eric Bledsoe – Milwaukee Bucks, PG
7. Draymond Green – Golden State Warriors, PF
8. Miles Bridges – Charlotte Hornets, SF
9. Markieff Morris – Los Angeles Lakers, SF/PF
10. Dejounte Murray – San Antonio Spurs, PG/SG
11. J.R. Smith – Unrestricted Free Agent, SG
12. Marcus Morris – Los Angeles Clippers, SF/PF
13. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – Los Angeles Lakers, SG
14. Tristan Thompson – Cleveland Cavaliers, PF/C
15. Trey Lyles – San Antonio Spurs, SF
16. Nerlens Noel – Oklahoma City Thunder, C
17. Dion Waiters – Los Angeles Lakers, SG
18. Terrance Ferguson – Oklahoma City Thunder, SG
19. Cory Joseph – Sacramento Kings, PG/SG
20. Darius Bazley – Oklahoma City Thunder, PF
21. Malik Beasley – Minnesota Timberwolves, SG
22. Jordan Clarkson – Utah Jazz, SG
23. Darius Garland – Cleveland Cavaliers, PG
24. Montrezl Harrell – Los Angeles Clippers, PF
25. Talen Horton-Tucker – Los Angeles Lakers, SF
26. Ben McLemore – Houston Rockets, SG
27. Jusuf Nurkic – Portland Trail Blazers, C
28. Mitchell Robinson – New York Knicks, C

Paul started with James, Tristan Thompson, Eric Bledsoe and Cory Joseph as Klutch Sports’ only clients. Since then, he has catered to 24 more players. Paul has risen all the way up to No. 3 in total client wages as of last year even though he ranks No. 7 among his peers in total number of clients. They carry whopping $814M totaling all the contracts under management.

Last edited:

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
As an avid NBA fan, I've heard of some of the (sometimes not-so-good) stories that surround Klutch, particularly Rich Paul. I hope they treat Ayanna well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Juju Watkins and Aliyah Boston are also sign with Klutech.

Klutech current clients,

Paul started with James, Tristan Thompson, Eric Bledsoe and Cory Joseph as Klutch Sports’ only clients. Since then, he has catered to 24 more players. Paul has risen all the way up to No. 3 in total client wages as of last year even though he ranks No. 7 among his peers in total number of clients. They carry whopping $814M totaling all the contracts under management.
Ha. Ben Simmons and Klutch. :oops::oops::oops:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think Juju Watkins and Aliyah Boston have also signed with Klutech.

Klutech current clients,

A’ja Wilson is with Klutch. The head of the women’s division is Jade Li English - former track AA at SCAR. She is the daughter of former Gamecocck/Nugget, multi/year AllPro, Alex English.

Oops. SVC’s link beat me to it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I strongly suspect that Ayanna’s deal with Klutch was due in part to her father’s NBA connection. Andre Patterson Sr. played for 8 years with the Timberwolves and is currently the Ast GM for the Portland Trailblazers.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No NIL deal Carnac, an agency. May she prove worthy of some very sweet deals.
Thanks, I stand corrected. It would help if I read the announcement instead of just glancing at it. :confused:

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I strongly suspect that Ayanna’s deal with Klutch was due in part to her father’s NBA connection. Andre Patterson Sr. played for 8 years with the Timberwolves and is currently the Ast GM for the Portland Trailblazers.
Thanks for that info.

How did I not know any of that?

I deserve a Boneyard "time out".

Reaction Score
A’ja Wilson is with Klutch. The head of the women’s division is Jade Li English - former track AA at SCAR. She is the daughter of former Gamecocck/Nugget, multi/year AllPro, Alex English.

Oops. SVC’s link beat me to it.
A’ja Wilson, Allisha Gray. Chelsea Gray, Aliyah Boston, Brea Beal, Ashlyn Watkins SC 2022, and high schooler JuJu Watkins. There are many others - those are just some of the ones I remember. She will certainly help them build their brand and they will have NIL opportunities. Brea just signed this week but Aliyah’s NIL opportunities are very impressive. She not only gets them NILs but I’m most impressed in their opportunities to be included in podcasts, speaking engagements, bit parts in movies, music videos, etc. The range of opportunities is what impresses me the most. She is setting them up for life after basketball Because they are making connections everywhere.

Reaction Score
This is not true. Ayanna's father never played in the NBA and is not the Asst. Gm of the trailblazers.

Reaction Score
Ayanna's father (Andre) played for New Mexico State. Andrae Patterson played for the Wolves for 2 years not 8 and is the asst GM for the Trailblazers.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ayanna's father (Andre) played for New Mexico State. Andrae Patterson played for the Wolves for 2 years not 8 and is the asst GM for the Trailblazers.
Thank you for your emphatic correction of my error. One post would have probably sufficed to make the point however.

Reaction Score
A’ja Wilson, Allisha Gray. Chelsea Gray, Aliyah Boston, Brea Beal, Ashlyn Watkins SC 2022, and high schooler JuJu Watkins. There are many others - those are just some of the ones I remember. She will certainly help them build their brand and they will have NIL opportunities. Brea just signed this week but Aliyah’s NIL opportunities are very impressive. She not only gets them NILs but I’m most impressed in their opportunities to be included in podcasts, speaking engagements, bit parts in movies, music videos, etc. The range of opportunities is what impresses me the most. She is setting them up for life after basketball Because they are making connections everywhere.
Juju Watkikns may have almost as big a social media presence already as Paige. She's a social media phenomena. I'm not so sure this is a good sign for Ayanna. I get the podcasts and such but the bottom line is money. The podcasts and such help her build her social media so that she can eventually be worth more as a sign. Juju Watkins is an example. She's just worth more as a sign due to the social media. If a Paige Instagram post is worth $64,000 during the FF, imagine how much value that alone brings to a gatorade etc? Sign with someone who can help her build social media and perhaps that is Klutch but I'm not so sure given their stable already. Sometimes we forget the impact Paige has on the Uconn program overall and the players NIL. She brings in lots of exposure and yes it does rub off on the other players at least some. I think this year we will see more for Caroline and Azzi as well.

Reaction Score
Juju Watkikns may have almost as big a social media presence already as Paige. She's a social media phenomena. I'm not so sure this is a good sign for Ayanna. I get the podcasts and such but the bottom line is money. The podcasts and such help her build her social media so that she can eventually be worth more as a sign. Juju Watkins is an example. She's just worth more as a sign due to the social media. If a Paige Instagram post is worth $64,000 during the FF, imagine how much value that alone brings to a gatorade etc? Sign with someone who can help her build social media and perhaps that is Klutch but I'm not so sure given their stable already. Sometimes we forget the impact Paige has on the Uconn program overall and the players NIL. She brings in lots of exposure and yes it does rub off on the other players at least some. I think this year we will see more for Caroline and Azzi as well.
What Paige does is good for Paige. NIL goes way beyond social media posts. What Klutch has done for the players they have signed is find what is good for each individual. Speaking engagements (that they get paid for), podcast interviews(that they get paid for), spots in movies and music videos (that they get paid for), Aliyah (Under Armour) and A’ja {Nike} have their own shoe deals, Allisha Gray is big on video gaming and she gets paid to play video games with people. Aliyah signed with Crocs last year. She has a trading card deal lined up. Jade Li will find what Ayanna is good at and she will thrive.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if there is very much money in a lot of these podcasts that involve athletes. Or spots in movies and music videos. Paige is getting serious cash in large part because of her social media presence. It's pretty easy to do the math on $64,000 per social media post during the FF. Paige is getting these big contracts in large part because she brings more to the table. Just her social media brand association announcement is worth $64,000. A lot of these deals are around $300,000 per year reportedly. That's 5 social media posts potentially. It's clearly a big part of the equation.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if there is very much money in a lot of these podcasts that involve athletes. Or spots in movies and music videos. Paige is getting serious cash in large part because of her social media presence. It's pretty easy to do the math on $64,000 per social media post during the FF. Paige is getting these big contracts in large part because she brings more to the table. Just her social media brand association announcement is worth $64,000. A lot of these deals are around $300,000 per year reportedly. That's 5 social media posts potentially. It's clearly a big part of the equation.
Like I said, what’s good for Paige is good for Paige. You do realize that there are more than ONE college athlete, right? Paige had the social media following before she got to UConn, as did Zia Cooke before she got to SC. JuJu Watkins is another one that will Make a fortune off social media posts. Not everybody is great with social media. Again, Jade Li, who is the the person who signed Ayanna to Klutch and is representing her, will find what’s best for Ayanna and will pursue those NIL opportunities for her. She has been A’ja’s agent from the start and A’ja is worth @2 million and that’s without going overseas to play. Aliyah is doing very well herself. It doesn’t matter that the podcasts or music videos don’t make a ton of money. It’s a cumulative effect and it also might really be something the players like to do and it’s not something they have time to search on their own. It also gives them good exposure to all kinds of opportunities.

Reaction Score
Like I said, what’s good for Paige is good for Paige. You do realize that there are more than ONE college athlete, right? Paige had the social media following before she got to UConn, as did Zia Cooke before she got to SC. JuJu Watkins is another one that will Make a fortune off social media posts. Not everybody is great with social media. Again, Jade Li, who is the the person who signed Ayanna to Klutch and is representing her, will find what’s best for Ayanna and will pursue those NIL opportunities for her. She has been A’ja’s agent from the start and A’ja is worth @2 million and that’s without going overseas to play. Aliyah is doing very well herself. It doesn’t matter that the podcasts or music videos don’t make a ton of money. It’s a cumulative effect and it also might really be something the players like to do and it’s not something they have time to search on their own. It also gives them good exposure to all kinds of opportunities.
I do not have enough information about Klutch or the value of their representation to have an opinion about their org. I grant that. Will you grant that the biggest part of the value these players bring to the value proposition is the social media and general media presence? No eyeballs, little value. The bottom line is there needs to be something in the value proposition. For some players it's basically TV exposure during and after games. The podcasts and such are basically working their exposure to add value. PR, charity involvement, setting on the sidelines of NBA games even, is exposure and value enhancement. Every time someone sees Azzi, she adds value to the Chipotle deal as long as she stays positive in her image. Paige is a perfect storm but look at the social media following or Steph curry, who has around 40 times her social media presence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom