Ayana Patterson 2022 #3 Ranked Player UConn in Final 5 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ayana Patterson 2022 #3 Ranked Player UConn in Final 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am confused, wasn't Ivey MM's recruiting coordinator so she recruited all of those players to ND and now she's booting them from ND? She left ND in April of 2019 and returned in April of 2020 so the Sam Brunelle/Aniya People's class was hers and the Westbeld/Hayes/Campbell/Abdur-Rahim/Marshall class were Juniors in HS so she had a strong hand in their recruitment. There's something a tad disingenuous about this if true. Why couldn't she find playing time for some of these players who are clearly talented? I was hoping to lessen my distaste for ND with the Ivey hire but yet, here I am not thinking I like her either...:oops:
She personally recruited all of them. However, she recruited Miles and Citron right over Hayes/ Campbell probably because she thought they had more "upside"? In her one year in the NBA office she probably learned their philosophy, everybody's expendable if you think you can get a better replacement.

Reaction Score
Has she even visited UConn? I don’t see any recruitment pics on her instagram from our campus

Reaction Score
I'm sure 'Ayanna' checked out the quality invites. What UConn has to offer, is it's winning coach, with his proven winning record of 11 final four Championships, more pro-players on winning teams, also winning their respective Championships, his players also made it to the Olympics & also may I add, in all the Olympic games GENO coached, they all came out with 'Gold' ! You will find no other.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The various quotes from our players referencing the closeness of the team could play in our favor. Geno is always more focused on building the complete person than just the player. UConn academics have been referenced as 'pubic ivy' and continually high marks for academics. UConn should met all of Mr. Patterson's stated objectives. But for some reason my gut says UCLA>

Reaction Score
She can play with Paige and Azzi for at least 2 and 3 years, that will be the extra plus ...

Reaction Score
Her Dad Andrae played at Indiana for Bob Knight. That could be a hometown factor that’s tough to overcome.
Or due to the poor form firing for real issues, the Bob Knight link is a down check for IU. That "burned bridge" is still smoldering....

I like UCONN as the destination for AP 4 AA status and 3 - 4 NC's....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am confused, wasn't Ivey MM's recruiting coordinator so she recruited all of those players to ND and now she's booting them from ND? She left ND in April of 2019 and returned in April of 2020 so the Sam Brunelle/Aniya People's class was hers and the Westbeld/Hayes/Campbell/Abdur-Rahim/Marshall class were Juniors in HS so she had a strong hand in their recruitment. There's something a tad disingenuous about this if true. Why couldn't she find playing time for some of these players who are clearly talented? I was hoping to lessen my distaste for ND with the Ivey hire but yet, here I am not thinking I like her either...:oops:
It could be that her elevation to head coach has caused a change in her approach to things. Surely she wants to move Notre Dame up the ranking ladder and back to the Final Four just as soon as she can. So if the 3 players are not contributors to that goal it is out the door. Her approach may also be seen in the story of Beth Cunningham's firing. Cunningham called her when her hiring was announced. Ivey did not return the call and Beth was told subsequently by a administrator. This for a senior coach who had shared the bench with Ivey for about 8 years. She was replaced with Coquese Washington who was in the hot seat at Penn State but a loyal buddy of Ivey's. So there are indicia of disquieting things in the Ivey coaching administration.

Reaction Score
It could be that her elevation to head coach has caused a change in her approach to things. Surely she wants to move Notre Dame up the ranking ladder and back to the Final Four just as soon as she can. So if the 3 players are not contributors to that goal it is out the door. Her approach may also be seen in the story of Beth Cunningham's firing. Cunningham called her when her hiring was announced. Ivey did not return the call and Beth was told subsequently by a administrator. This for a senior coach who had shared the bench with Ivey for about 8 years. She was replaced with Coquese Washington who was in the hot seat at Penn State but a loyal buddy of Ivey's. So there are indicia of disquieting things in the Ivey coaching administration.
Looks like Ivey is worse than MM ... :p

Reaction Score
does anyone know if the announcement will be posted anywhere?
Yes, it will be posted here in the yard and most likely her Instagram and/or twitter

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am not sure Ivey was involved with the final offers to these 3 freshman leaving as those quite possibly went out during her absence. They were #25, #44, and UR in the ESPN rankings and those kids typically get offers a little later than the top 15. ND was in on a bunch of higher ranked players and they had a 5 player class with two staying, one injured and one a major contributor on the floor this year. That three players are leaving is not a good look from a PR point, but it happens sometimes and especially where expectations and realities do not match up. The players leaving combined for just over 200 minutes on the floor total for the season so from a purely basketball perspective this is not a serious blow to the product on the floor. And lets not forget it was only 3 years ago that Uconn lost #13, #16 and #29 from a freshman class with no great conspiracy involved.

This was a pretty politically charged year and race was at the forefront of a lot of it. I am pretty sure most college sports teams had lots of conversations about this and some of were likely quite emotional. The discussion on a fan board with lots of speculations and suppositions is just that.

I like bashing ND as much as the next guy, but I prefer concentrating on the product on the floor.

Reaction Score
Really. I would like to see Geno win without talent. Heck he gets Paige Becker now getting Fudd. I expect him to win. Give that talent to Cori maybe she will win everything. You need talent to win, Wooden won because he Kareem, great coaches win with talent. Lots of teams have not won everything so everyone should go to Conneticut?
Not everyone, just the top 3 - 4 players every year who are great talents combined with their love of hard work, playing intense defense, and being coachable.... Not asking for much ; )
With Paige here, it appears Geno is "playerable" now that he is not calling for Paige to "shoot" more, as Paige enjoys passing to the teammate "most open & direct path" to points. She celebrates her teammate's made shots more than her own, and I believe that has led directly to the beautiful basketball we saw in the BE tourney, combined with strong focus on defense by each UCONN player on the court.

Reaction Score
A few other things come to mind:
- Win Championships
- Develop into a successful pro player
- Play with Paige Bueckers
\
She can play with Paige and Azzi for at least 2 and 3 years, that will be the extra plus ...
Hopefully, she wants to be her own star and does not follow Paige and Fudd. However, I do think Paige did get Azzi to come to Connecticut. They seemed to be close friends. Hopefully, most players decide on what's in there best interest and not the best interest of their friends. I am a UCLA fan, so you know where my heart is. I have been disappointed in Cori's recruiting as of late so I am hoping she can build on one great commitment, hoping this one is it, but Cori has disappointed me for not closing on so many recruits.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Is there a link to view this commitment?

I thought it was going to be live on her IG, but she hasn’t started a live feed. ??‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom