2021 Recruiting: - Avery Brown | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Avery Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't UConn involved with Brown at one point? He was the #2 player in CT at one point, although ranked in the 130s.
I think there was some thought that we could nab him and Clingan in a package deal at one point, but as 429 said, I don’t think we’ve been recruiting him for months. Decent player but I think we’ve got even better targets for his position right now.

Reaction Score
Maybe Bobby sees something other major programs don't, but maybe it's reflective of the problem Tubby Smith pointed out a couple years ago about the rising number of transfers and how different it is today. Tubby said he called home his freshman year to tell his Dad he wasn't happy and wanted to come home. His Dad said, you're bed is taken so if you quit school you'd better join the Army. Needless to say he stayed in school.

Martin's comment on his transfer: “It was pretty easy, man," Martin said in a Monday night phone interview. "Playing for a guy like coach (Bill) Self and at a historic program like KU, it’s just an amazing deal for me, man, and I couldn’t turn that down.”

He later added that if he can't make it in pro basketball he'd still be better off because at KU he'll be able to learn the ropes of how to get started in the sports agent career field......... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My big cuz slim Jackson trains Avery and yea there wasn’t any higher interest from us aside from mild when it came to him, but he is heading to the big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom