Avelo Airlines at Tweed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Avelo Airlines at Tweed

Reaction Score
That's all I need to know. Pass.
Based on feedback from friends, its really hit or miss. Some have had convenient and hassle free experiences. Others have had flights cancelled (granted due to weather) with only rebooking option 3 or so days later due to lack of available seats and only one flight per day.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Clear skies and smooth travels on Avelo from Tweed to Orlando this morning. Didn’t need to worry about the weather or a cancellation… given that, good experience. Would do it again.
you in Orlando? Ill be there in a few. Lets hook up. :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Clear skies and smooth travels on Avelo from Tweed to Orlando this morning. Didn’t need to worry about the weather or a cancellation… given that, good experience. Would do it again.
Did you pay extra to reserve your seat? Are the cheap seats ok for a short flight? Checked bag and carry-on, or only one?

We are thinking of flying down to D.C. next month to visit our daughter because we were attracted by the $55 fares, but I'm wondering what it ends up being. Assuming we'll need at least one carry on and one checked bag between the two of us.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Picked our seats, checked multiple bags… adds up, but was still far cheaper than the alternatives we were seeing from Bradley. I thought the seats were fine.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dropped my wife and daughter off at Tweed today for a flight to Tampa.

Dropping off - 5/5 stars. Could not be easier.

Check in/boarding - 5/5 stars. Could not be easier.

Flight - 5/5 stars. My daughter’s review - “Fantastic flight”

Overall - 5/5 stars.

Reaction Score
Just completed HVN>MCO>HVN (down on Wednesday back on Monday. No issues what-so-ever. Quick direct flight.

Just a head’s up… if ya gotta pee do it before descent into New Haven and don’t wait till you hit the baggage claim. Men’s room @ Tweed Baggage Claim is one urinal and one toilet. ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just completed HVN>MCO>HVN (down on Wednesday back on Monday. No issues what-so-ever. Quick direct flight.

Just a head’s up… if ya gotta pee do it before descent into New Haven and don’t wait till you hit the baggage claim. Men’s room @ Tweed Baggage Claim is one urinal and one toilet. ;)

Taking a whizz 30 minutes before landing is one of my go to time saving hacks and comfort hacks. You only need to be stuck with a full bladder while wating on the tarmac once due to gates not available or a quick weather event shutting down ground movements. Also helps if you have a short time between connecting flights.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tweed is as easy as can be but on the flip side, Orlando is an absolute poop show, especially this past week+. If I was a Frontier customer waiting in a mile long line praying for someone to assist I would murder someone.

All that is to say… there was hardly a line at all at the Avelo counter and we avoided all of the mess… that alone has me sold on Avelo.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
HVN->RSW Ft Myers. Easy as pie. Only issue was being stuck on the tarmac for a little because Avelo doesn’t have their own gate and all the other airlines were delayed and scrambling. Also the 2:45 flight was about as long as you’d wanna be on one of the old 737s

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Family has completed their round trip to and from Tampa.

Easy and cheap. No reason not to use Avelo.

From the perspective of someone dropping off - really easy. From the perspective of someone picking up - a little more chaotic. It’s like picking up a kid from school but with less organization.

Did you pay extra to reserve your seat? Are the cheap seats ok for a short flight? Checked bag and carry-on, or only one?

We are thinking of flying down to D.C. next month to visit our daughter because we were attracted by the $55 fares, but I'm wondering what it ends up being. Assuming we'll need at least one carry on and one checked bag between the two of us.

You pay extra to pick your seats. My wife and daughter were fine with the normal seats on the way down as that was all that was available. They were happy with the extra leg room on the way back. (They’re 5’2” and 5’3”, so ymmv.)

Honestly, the extra charge for extra legroom is so nominal that I would choose it every time.

Reaction Score
Tweed is as easy as can be but on the flip side, Orlando is an absolute poop show, especially this past week+. If I was a Frontier customer waiting in a mile long line praying for someone to assist I would murder someone.

All that is to say… there was hardly a line at all at the Avelo counter and we avoided all of the mess… that alone has me sold on Avelo.

Just returned from MCO and my goodness it is a disaster. Crazy crowded, very ornery TSA and gate agents, and generally miserable people abound.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We took Avelo from New Haven to BWI this weekend to visit our daughter in DC. Could not have been easier or less expensive. Three of us and one checked bag for $300 round trip. We didn't pay extra to choose our seats and that wasn't an issue. The flight is 50 minutes. We left New Haven at 8:00 am on Friday and were in our hotel room in DC by 10:30 am. Took an Uber straight from BWI to our hotel in DC for $65.

The only hitch was that they just started running this flight on Thursday and no one at BWI knew where the Avelo check-in desk was for our return flight. Even though the Avelo flights leave from Terminal D at BWI, the Avelo check-in counter was in Concourse E, which is otherwise all international carriers. So, it took a while to find them, but once we did it was easy peasy.

We could not have taken the train or driven for less money, and certainly not less time or aggravation.

Will definitely use them as often as we can. Gonna have to plan a Nashville trip next I think.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone been to Sanibel Island? @Chin Diesel?

There should be some south Florida posters on this board that have been there. It's probably close to 600 miles from where I live and a good 9-10 hour drive.

I think my parents went there many years ago. I always considered it to be an old people place. Quiet and peaceful though from what I hear. Personally never have been there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's always a crap shoot with Spirit but they just won the rights to Southwest's old gates at Newark. They're getting 16 new slots.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I went 50 years ago. All I remember was the seashells and a lack of mini golf.

If you were to play word association, seashells would be perfect for Sanibel Island. And I think people who are prone to walking beaches and picking up seashells are a perfect match for there.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Flew Avelo to Tampa last month. The New Haven end of the flight is an absolute pleasure, because of the size of the airport. I need the front row, so paid a bit extra, but it was still cheaper by a wide margin than any of the suitable alternatives. And not having to deal with the congestion and inconvenience of a big airport at BOTH ends of the flight was a pleasure. I think though, that next time, I'll fly into Sarasota.

As an aside, we went for my niece's 50th birthday party, which as at "The Don" We stayed elsewhere. One night at the Don Caesar costs considerably more than a ticket down there on Avelo.

Reaction Score
Flew Avelo to Tampa last month. The New Haven end of the flight is an absolute pleasure, because of the size of the airport. I need the front row, so paid a bit extra, but it was still cheaper by a wide margin than any of the suitable alternatives. And not having to deal with the congestion and inconvenience of a big airport at BOTH ends of the flight was a pleasure. I think though, that next time, I'll fly into Sarasota.

As an aside, we went for my niece's 50th birthday party, which as at "The Don" We stayed elsewhere. One night at the Don Caesar costs considerably more than a ticket down there on Avelo.
Know a few people who fly to lauderdale and palm beach twice a month. They love how easy and simple it is flying out of tweed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom