nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Who's going to see this in the theater?

I have absolutely no idea whether this is going to be a historic flop or make a billion dollars, or end up somewhere in between.

Recognizing that voices on Twitter are disproportionately negative and snarky, it just doesn't seem that people are all that excited about this.

Personally, I thought the original Avatar was incredible. Of course the plot was unoriginal but the technology blew me away. I'm curious to see what advancements Cameron has made. It's not really worth watching it NOT in 3D IMAX, IMO. Nobody's watching it for the acting.

Reaction Score

I have absolutely no idea whether this is going to be a historic flop or make a billion dollars, or end up somewhere in between.

Recognizing that voices on Twitter are disproportionately negative and snarky, it just doesn't seem that people are all that excited about this.

Personally, I thought the original Avatar was incredible. Of course the plot was unoriginal but the technology blew me away. I'm curious to see what advancements Cameron has made. It's not really worth watching it NOT in 3D IMAX, IMO. Nobody's watching it for the acting.
People are very excited. Some areas are selling tickets out quickly. Dont let people fool you this is going to be huge. Itll open over $150 million for the weekend and will likely make $2 billion world wide. It will not flop. Btw i know this may not mean much but i know someone that got in an invite only screening and he said visually is was jawdropping, had some cliche story beats but was surprisingly very emotional dealing with the family aspects. I will be seeing it first weekend.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I dont do movies at theaters. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was the last harry potter with my oldest daughter. I WILL be seeing this in a theater. You really have to.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I dont do movies at theaters. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was the last harry potter with my oldest daughter. I WILL be seeing this in a theater. You really have to.

The only movie I've seen in a theater since COVID arrived was Top Gun. I saw it in a theater with the weird vibrating seat thing, which was pretty silly TBH.

I'm gonna play hooky from work for a few hours.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
People are very excited. Some areas are selling tickets out quickly. Dont let people fool you this is going to be huge. Itll open over $150 million for the weekend and will likely make $2 billion world wide. It will not flop. Btw i know this may not mean much but i know someone that got in an invite only screening and he said visually is was jawdropping, had some cliche story beats but was surprisingly very emotional dealing with the family aspects. I will be seeing it first weekend.

You always have to be skeptical with the early reviews because who knows who's getting paid what, BUT so far I'm reading that in addition to the visuals being better (which you'd expect given the passage of time and it being these films' raison d'etre), the plot is much better. Every movie -- particularly one lasting 3 hours -- is going to have those cliches. But hopefully they took to hear the criticisms about it being a Ferngully rip-off etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm skeptical. It's a glorified animated film. I've seen the previews in theaters and it doesn't look great from a story perspective. I'd probably need to re-watch the original first. I think this is going to fall well short of that $2B projection, but won't flop either.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I trust this guy. I've read a lot of his reviews.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom