Autumn Chassion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Autumn Chassion

Reaction Score
Geno is not going to cut her she is on the team you must be new to following UConn wbb
I could not agree more; the speculation that she would not be part of the team is inappropriate IMO. There is no limit to roster size, only scholarships; she should and will be on that roster.

Reaction Score
12 on the squad now; 15 next season if E stays and there are no transfers.

With Megan's exit and the pandemic uncertainty last summer and fall, Geno probably felt that Autumn at least deserved an invite and she made the squad. If 3-4 players had been ineligible for a specific game due to contact tracing, then Autumn could have been one of 8 or 9 players to suit up, assuming no Anna-like injuries. Next fall, if the pandemic is under control with vaccines, Autumn might not receive an invite.
I think she has a roster position as long as she wants it. Geno didn't seek her out, it was all Autumn pushing the issue. I think Geno said OK with no promises regarding scholarship , but expecting that if she was a good practice player, good teammate, and the other players liked her, he might try to get her one after this year. I think she has met that criteria.

We often fall into the assumption that the player with the fewest minutes is the most disgruntled about playing time. That will probably not be the case next year. Autumn knew what she was facing, but there will be very highly recruited players at number 11,12,13 and 14 if Evina returns that I believe will be far far more disappointed about playing time than Autumn. From that perspective Autumn may be more likely to graduate from Uconn with a scholarship than one or two of those.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom