August Transfer Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

August Transfer Thread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure if this is a tongue-in-cheek comment, but here's some insight.

Day-Wilson is a guard who comes from Toronto Canada. Gained a lot of social media attention for her play, along with Latasha Lattimore when they played for a prep school called Crestwood. She was also a team mate of Aaliyah Edwards for a couple seasons.

She's considered to be the best guard from the 2021 class coming out of Canada. Decommitted from Syracuse when Hillsman resigned.

She is a talented player. If Coach Lawson can reign her in, she'll be a great asset to the team. I'd suggest looking up the Canadian U19 game footage from the recent tournament in Hungary on YouTube.

Cool.... I'm usually not a big fan of diminutive guards, but if she is good enough for Coach Lawson, then I won't complain. Guess this calls for a maple donut (or three) to celebrate. :p

Reaction Score
Rumor in Baylor board is that Lattimore committed to them…not true. The person who posted doesn’t know and has played them and it looks like the folks on the TX board are all worked up thinking they lost out on her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rumor in Baylor board is that Lattimore committed to them…not true. The person who posted doesn’t know and has played them and it looks like the folks on the TX board are all worked up thinking they lost out on her.
I got the sense it was a troll since they just registered to post that... lol

Reaction Score
I got the sense it was a troll since they just registered to post that... lol
i think you’re right. I‘m surprised on how quick the TX folks picked up on this rumor and ran with it!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like to watch highlights and count the ones that are definitely gonna be called charges in WCBB whether they are or not.

Reaction Score
Duke is a great choice for Day-Wilson. She will have to play pretty well to take minutes away from De Jesus though. They have such contrasting playing styles it will be interesting to see how they do.

I would think Texas will be happy with Lattimore. Wonder if her and Aaliyah Moore will work well together on the court. They are used to playing some big lineups.

All the best.

Reaction Score
Is this her 8th school during her college career? Sure seems like it.
4th school and she's reunited with her 1st college coach in Mulkey. I'm doing this off the top of my head and didn't Google it to see if I'm correct or not.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
4th school and she's reunited with her 1st college coach in Mulkey. I'm doing this off the top of my head and didn't Google it to see if I'm correc or not.
Yeah, looks like Baylor>Rutgers>Texas A&M>LSU. A different school each year seems ludicrous to me.

Reaction Score
Dismissed by Kim at Baylor. No clue about Rutgers situation. One of her teammates said she left A&M because she didnt like coach Blair's style of play. Would think she would have done more research on that before going to play for a coach.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dismissed by Kim at Baylor. No clue about Rutgers situation. One of her teammates said she left A&M because she didnt like coach Blair's style of play. Would think she would have done more research on that before going to play for a coach.
I'm sure the 4th time will be the charm, never mind the old adage.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the 4th time will be the charm, never mind the old adage.
LOL hopefully. I dont think she ever wanted to leave Baylor/Mulkey but that wasn't her choice. Hopefully she can keep her head on straight and have a good end to her college career with her first coach.

Reaction Score
So the “sin” she committed while at Baylor was awful, thus her dismissal by Kim. But it’s good enough (or pardoned) at LSU, so she’s “reinstated” by Kim.
Maybe the penalty phase is over, but I’m glad she has a second, or fourth chance at attaining a higher education.

PS: I’m not throwing shade at her because I don’t know the back story. Also, there are times many of us need a lot of help to succeed in life.

Reaction Score
Is Lattimore more of a back to the basketball post or more of a forward?
I'd say she played like a forward in Canada. She can post up, but she didn't live in the paint. That's the one thing I'm still not sure about with her.

Didn't get the impression she wants to bang inside unless she really has to. Playing against Moore in practice should help build up her toughness.

Also need to see where she is at with her ACL recovery. I don't think it's been a year but she noted on IG that progress was going better than expected.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'd say she played like a forward in Canada. She can post up, but she didn't live in the paint. That's the one thing I'm still not sure about with her.

Didn't get the impression she wants to bang inside unless she really has to. Playing against Moore in practice should help build up her toughness.

Also need to see where she is at with her ACL recovery. I don't think it's been a year but she noted on IG that progress was going better than expected.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I think she's a fantastic get for Vic. Tall athleticism forward who appears to be very smooth and comfortable handling the ball. Has a nice looking perimeter shot too. There was a YouTube clip online talking about her dunking as a 13 year old. 4 years of coaching under Vic and she could turn into a dominant player

Reaction Score

A video clip is one thing. She wasn't cleared for U19 so that indicates there is a way to go.

ACL recovery takes time as we've seen with other players. A hype video vs air / one person is different than game action. Unfortunately, I've seen too many young ladies suffer from getting back on the court quickly.

Reaction Score
In just 1 year, Vic already has a roster better than the one we have currently. I find that kinda hard to believe how that can be possible.
Vic built us up pretty quickly and he has much more name recognition now. Austin is a much more appealing place to attend college. I suspect he will do great things with that program. He is just getting started and with TX back in the SEC I predict he will have some great battles with Mulkey and Dawn.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Vic built us up pretty quickly and he has much more name recognition now. Austin is a much more appealing place to attend college. I suspect he will do great things with that program. He is just getting started and with TX back in the SEC I predict he will have some great battles with Mulkey and Dawn.
Well, Karen Aston had 2 Top 30 recruits from the classes of 2018-2020 and 1 transferred, so I think Vic is the reason Texas' recruiting has picked up. I think basketball reasons mean more to players than Austin as an appealing location. He made the Elite 8 with only 1 Top 30 recruit (Collier) vs our 4. (but didn't even make the tournament) So it's quite conceivable to want to play for him.

I went to college in Texas, and I was raised while dad went to school at MSU, so it's the 2 campuses in America I'm most familiar with. Texas certainly has more items of luxury, but in my opinion it's not a top campus. The food on campus is bad, and all things to do feel extremely.... youthful. I guess that's a lot of campuses, so it's not distinct in that regard but in my opinion, MSU isn't much lesser than Texas except less parties and Greek life, less overall feel of a total population, and some really bad and inky buildings, but for sports...... i don't see much difference. Football feels cooler in Texas imo, but I think for baseball and women's basketball in particular, the energy is stronger. And potentially other sports could be more strongly supported if we started winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom