Aubrey Griffin: ‘I’ll be better’ | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin: ‘I’ll be better’

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Griffin said her goal is to be cleared for practice when the team returns to campus for preseason in the fall.
“Just being able to watch and learn stuff from the side, like the plays and just understanding basketball better."

I luv the "learn stuff ... like the plays." :D Yeah! Could help, knowing the plays. :) Did Geno ever mention the motion offense thing? Could be the "just understanding basketball better." Young'uns are too funny! :);):rolleyes: Poor kid has had tough luck. "Griffin missed a season in high school after having ACL surgery. That experience, she said, helped prepare her mentally for what she faced last season. “I kind of knew how it was going to go and what I needed to do to keep my mind right,” she said."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More pain for Aubrey as brother AJ Griffin is falling down the draft board. Alot of people thought he would go to home town Knicks at 11.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More pain for Aubrey as brother AJ Griffin is falling down the draft board. Alot of people thought he would go to home town Knicks at 11.
Good. Goes to the Hawks at #16. Hope the Knicks live to regret it. Aubrey smiling ear to ear. Gets an ESPN mention as Junior Forward for UConn. A powerhouse family.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good. Goes to the Hawks at #16. Hope the Knicks live to regret it. Aubrey smiling ear to ear. Gets an ESPN mention as Junior Forward for UConn. A powerhouse family.

Glad he didn't go to the Knicks..... shocked he went so low... I think a few teams besides the Knicks are gonna regret not picking him up. Not that I'm biased.

Reaction Score
He's still probably going to have a $10 million plus career. That's enough to provide for an entire family and I for one think he's a great pick at 16.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
He's still probably going to have a $10 million plus career. That's enough to provide for an entire family and I for one think he's a great pick at 16.

This was the salary scale for last year's #16 pick.. so he will be making around $10 million in his first 3 years.
$2,678,900$2,812,800$2,946,900

Reaction Score
This was the salary scale for last year's #16 pick.. so he will be making around $10 million in his first 3 years.
$2,678,900$2,812,800$2,946,900
Which means my point was right on target then right? He will probably earn at least $10 million. Being drafted #16 is a good thing in itself. That's enough money to change the lives of any family. A house for mom and dad and plenty for Mr. Griffin left over.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Which means my point was right on target then right? He will probably earn at least $10 million. Being drafted #16 is a good thing in itself. That's enough money to change the lives of any family. A house for mom and dad and plenty for Mr. Griffin left over.
I’m not sure what you’re getting at. The Griffins are most likely an affluent family. Dad Adrian, who holds a masters degree from Seton Hall, had a 20 year career as a pro player and is now an assistant coach for the Raptors. Mom Audrey is an author.

I suggest folk exercise caution before making assumptions about people they don’t know.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Trae Young will find him open. A.J., like his sister, seems to be a sweet person and possibly lacking in aggressiveness. If they can up that one trait a little, they can be outstanding players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Trae Young will find him open. A.J., like his sister, seems to be a sweet person and possibly lacking in aggressiveness. If they can up that one trait a little, they can be outstanding players.
Not sure about aggressiveness (especially on a stacked Duke squad where he was schemed to be mainly a spot up shooter) They were saying he is perhaps not 100% from his ACL injury and maybe did not show the Elite athleticism from HS.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, do you know who his (and Aubrey’s) father is?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm happy he didn't go to the Knicks. That means he gets to keep more of his hard earned money by paying a lot less in State, local taxes and cost of living. NY vs Atlanta he would have ended up paying almost 25% more living in NY.

Reaction Score
A ten-million-dollar career? If he is still in the league after his rookie contract and is a starter or at least a contributor, he's likely to make ten million bucks a year easy.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom