Atlantis TV ratings | The Boneyard

Atlantis TV ratings

Reaction Score
Can we please trade SNY for ESPN and other major cable stations? Oh wait, WBB must simply be inferior to MBB. Sorry I must have forgotten.:eek:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Yeah, what are you talking about? SNY does all of our games that aren't on a national network. They broadcast to a regional audience including NYC, have a stake in our team as an important part of their network, and announcers that know us and support us. Now, if you said trade FOX for ESPN, then you are on to something baby.

Reaction Score
UConn routinely has the highest watched games for WBB when those are shown on national TV such as ABC, ESPN, FS1, etc.

Reaction Score
Can we please trade SNY for ESPN and other major cable stations? Oh wait, WBB must simply be inferior to MBB. Sorry I must have forgotten.:eek:
SNY covers the Mets. How are they not a major cable station?

Reaction Score
Too bad UConn can’t sell its wbb tv rights independently of its conference. While UConn has dominated ratings historically, SCar is in a position to dominate total annual eyeballs due to the ESPN/SECN Affiliations.

Will TV exposure affect recruiting in the future? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe yes, but not much. PAC teams don’t draw many eyeballs but they sure dominated recruiting this year.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I'm surprised viewership was that low. It sort of gives the impression that WCBB is still a "niche" sport, still struggling to make the mainstream. Or maybe my view is just skewed because I've been a WCBB fan since I was a teenager. The sport is so much better now than it used to be.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm a tad biased, since I live in NYC and my basic cable package with Spectrum includes SNY.
To me the difference between the UCONN games on SNY and those on FoxSports or ESPN are markedly different.
Obviously, since SNY is UCONN's "home channel" the pre game, half time and post game shows are much, much more informative and entertaining. The commentary during the games is done by people who KNOW what's going on with each of the players. Not to mention the weird love/hate relationship they all seem to develop with Geno.
Love Meagan's play-by-play and Kara's analysis. Because they do so many Husky games, they are more in depth and seem to have an "in" with coaches and the players. Better interviews.
Don't think transferring more games to ESPN or another "national" franchise would be better for UCONN fans.
Would the availability on ESPN make for better watching? Maybe would increase the audience.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Too bad UConn can’t sell its wbb tv rights independently of its conference. While UConn has dominated ratings historically, SCar is in a position to dominate total annual eyeballs due to the ESPN/SECN Affiliations.

Will TV exposure affect recruiting in the future? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe yes, but not much. PAC teams don’t draw many eyeballs but they sure dominated recruiting this year.

UConn has sold it's TV rights independent of its conference. That's exactly what the SNY deal is. And before SNY it was CPTV. Conference media rights deals give the conference networks first dibs on games. SNY gets what the other networks choose not to broadcast. That was true when UConn was in the AAC and ESPN had broadcast rights.

If UConn were to sell All of its TV rights independently of a conference than it would be an independent which is not doable in basketball.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised viewership was that low. It sort of gives the impression that WCBB is still a "niche" sport, still struggling to make the mainstream. Or maybe my view is just skewed because I've been a WCBB fan since I was a teenager. The sport is so much better now than it used to be.
off course it's not a mainstream sport, whoever said it was? At this point we're lucky to even have games on Espn now that Uconn is affiliated with Fox.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
off course it's not a mainstream sport, whoever said it was? At this point we're lucky to even have games on Espn now that Uconn is affiliated with Fox.
What does this even mean?

Reaction Score
And on a Facebook fan page we have people pleading to have our WBB games returned back to CPTV! Yikes!

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm a tad biased, since I live in NYC and my basic cable package with Spectrum includes SNY.
To me the difference between the UCONN games on SNY and those on FoxSports or ESPN are markedly different.
Obviously, since SNY is UCONN's "home channel" the pre game, half time and post game shows are much, much more informative, entertaining and enjoyable on SNY much, much more informative and entertaining and Non Existent on ESPN and Fox! The commentary during the games is done by people who KNOW what's going on (and actually WATCH the game, instead of commenting on everything else BUT the game) with each of the players. Not to mention the weird love/hate relationship they all seem to develop with Geno.
Love Meagan's play-by-play and Kara's analysis. Because they do so many Husky games, they are more in depth and seem to have an "in" with coaches and the players. Better interviews.
Don't think transferring more games to ESPN or another "national" franchise would be better for UCONN fans.
Would the availability on ESPN make for better increased watching? Maybe would increase the audience.

There. Fixed it for ya! :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Considering that the game was on at Noon Eastern on a Monday afternoon. Many people were working or in school, so I can understand the lower numbers.

Reaction Score
The key item here is the major increase from last year. Not sure they had anything quite so compelling early in the season in 2020, but still for a Noon game to do so well -- it suggests the audience is there, and that the game is worthy of even greater investment.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: That's not a impression that is and has been the reality for WCBB forever.

Reaction Score
There. Fixed it for ya! :D

Thanks
Was trying to be diplomatic and not throw mud at the commentators on ESPN or Fox.
They can't be expected to be Husky-centric.
But you are so right in your corrections.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom