Atlanta UConn fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Atlanta UConn fan

Reaction Score
I live in Florida so I plan on going to Gainesville which is only 2.5 hours for me. After that, the Big East tournament and NCAAs. I will also get back to CT for a regular season game. I am close to Orlando so only a 2.5 hour flight. I would drive up to 10 hours or so but no games appear to be that close this upcoming season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You'd think it's close but then you look at a map and realize how big the southeast is compared to the northeast. It's about 650 miles from Atlanta to DC. About 450 miles to Cincinnati. About 325 to Gainseville, Florida.
People don’t realize Atlanta is as far west as Detroit . Doesn’t seem like it but it is.

Reaction Score
People don’t realize Atlanta is as far west as Detroit . Doesn’t seem like it but it is.

It’s actually one degree farther west than Detroit.

while you suckers have to deal with the sun setting at 4pm in the winter; I still get to see the sun and blue skies when I leave the office.

One of the more underrated perks of living here.

Reaction Score

while you suckers have to deal with the sun setting at 4pm in the winter; I still get to see the sun and blue skies when I leave the office.

The downside is that it gets lighter later in the morning. That is something I noticed whenever I traveled to Atlanta from Connecticut. One thing I miss about Connecticut in late spring and summer is that the sun rises just after 5 while further south it is closer to 6:30AM.

Reaction Score
The entire south is. Moved back to CT last year, but was hard pressed to find good pizza in Alabama/Georgia. Antico was the best I found in Atlanta, and Birmingham had a few good places. No good pizza at all in Auburn or Montgomery.
I'm part owner of Rina and
Antico is good, but it’s important to remember that it would be mid-level to good in CT. Also, if you’re ever in the area, there’s a newish place on the Beltline called Nina and Raffi’s that is legit good, in my opinion.

But otherwise, it’s a pizza wasteland.
I'm part owner of Nina and Raffi- thanks for the props!

Reaction Score

Yeah, you get to take it all in while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic trying to get around on 285 .....lucky you ....lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You live in the Confederacy and you're calling us suckers?

Reaction Score
I live OTP, man. Never have to touch 285. I go down Peachtree to Ponce de Leon and I’m home. Great commute.
I understand. I've got family in Snellville.

Reaction Score
That’s where my mother in law is from...It’s not particularly cute lol.
They have been there for over 40 years, needless to say, the neighborhood has changed a lot

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Check out the show at The Clermont Lounge sometime too.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I'm part owner of Nina and Raffi- thanks for the props!

That's awesome. Visited Atlanta in October after a long hiatus (went to college there) and a friend brought me to the Pour Taproom next door to watch some early NBA games (Atlanta United was playing, too, and I was floored by the support they received).

My friend raved about the Nina and Rafi pies so we got one. Delicious.

August_West

Reaction Score
The downside is that it gets lighter later in the morning. That is something I noticed whenever I traveled to Atlanta from Connecticut. One thing I miss about Connecticut in late spring and summer is that the sun rises just after 5 while further south it is closer to 6:30AM.

when I go to western Michigan ( right on lake, 90 miles nw of Grand Rapids still eastern time zone though) It’s dark at 8 am. It feels weird.

Reaction Score
You'd think it's close but then you look at a map and realize how big the southeast is compared to the northeast. It's about 650 miles from Atlanta to DC. About 450 miles to Cincinnati. About 325 to Gainseville, Florida.

I can drive from DC to Atlanta in ten hours. But I drive VERY fast and make one stop at the most for ten minutes tops.

August_West

Reaction Score
woof you make it through VA without a ticket? The whole state is speed trap.
Not only a speed trap but unless you are driving DC to Richmond on 95 between the hours of 2-4 am it’s a parking lot

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
To compare Gainsville to this area it's 334 miles from Hartford to Rochester NY (interstate hwy. all the way) or about 5 hours for comparison. Buffalo about another hour from there. So if you drive you will probably staying overnight or maybe team drive.

Reaction Score
I live OTP, man. Never have to touch 285. I go down Peachtree to Ponce de Leon and I’m home. Great commute.
Don't you mean ITP? I live in Edgewood, inside Atlanta, and work from home. I never go outside the Perimeter unless I have to get a haircut. Unfortunately my barber works in Alpharetta. It is totally different world outside the OTP for me and rather stay in town because of this. I wouldn't move back to Connecticut because of the cold weather and no real city there but I do miss not going to UCONN games more regularly. I did go to the Charleston Classic and USF game last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't you mean ITP? I live in Edgewood, inside Atlanta, and work from home. I never go outside the Perimeter unless I have to get a haircut. Unfortunately my barber works in Alpharetta. It is totally different world outside the OTP for me and rather stay in town because of this. I wouldn't move back to Connecticut because of the cold weather and no real city there but I do miss not going to UCONN games more regularly. I did go to the Charleston Classic and USF game last year.

yes I meant ITP...wow what an embarrassing typo.

we’re neighbors! I live in East Lake, right down Hossea Williams Drive from you

Reaction Score
yes I meant ITP...wow what an embarrassing typo.

we’re neighbors! I live in East Lake, right down Hossea Williams Drive from you
I have played East Lake. Does that count?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom