Asst Coach Job Posting | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Asst Coach Job Posting

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rumor has it that Kim is thinking of leaving Baylor. Some think it's because the LSU job is vacant and she might be interested. If Geno doesn't have a fear of reptiles, he may just have a backup position available. :cool: View attachment 66962
I can’t help but notice that positioning is pretty much the to go to move of every movie monster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You missed my point.
Obviously UConn has an excellent staff.

When your youngest coach is 43, you don't replace her with a 56 year old.
You are correct.
I was commenting on a sub 40 opinion.

Reaction Score
You missed my point.
Obviously UConn has an excellent staff.

When your youngest coach is 43, you don't replace her with a 56 year old.

Makes sense. But when I was 17-19 anyone over 30 was OLD. And untrustworthy or so I was told. I had little of what is called "good sense". The only reason for a younger assistant is to have someone who can a) understand the language of teenagers and b) develop a "friendship" with recruits. I think both are overrated.

Reaction Score
Do you suppose there could be some international coach out there that they might be looking at?

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that Kim is thinking of leaving Baylor. Some think it's because the LSU job is vacant and she might be interested. If Geno doesn't have a fear of reptiles, he may just have a backup position available. :cool: View attachment 66962
"It doesn't matter where my career takes me, you always go back to your roots. My children were born in north Louisiana, my son played there at LSU. You always listen, you always are talking to people who are connected to Louisiana. I just heard this yesterday about coach Fargas leaving and not coaching. To answer your question, I had opportunities to leave Baylor, but timing in one's life is always the reason you make career decisions."

Reaction Score
Sherri Coale? Lord NO.

I mean, I like Sheri.
But the current coaching staff is 67, ~61, and ~47. A 56-year old does not help. They've got wisdom and experience covered. What they lack is someone who can better relate to HS kids.

Under 40 is a near requirement.
So, the staff doesn’t relate to young people? What makes you think that other than the age difference? The recruiting success but especially the comfort level the players have with Auriemma would belie your view big time. What refutes it even more is that Auriemma and team don’t have to relate to the big general “HS kids”, they have to relate to the small number of players they prioritize in their recruiting.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Maybe now they're just waiting for Paige and Azzi to make up their minds who they want as their guards coach....;)

Reaction Score
In general players gravitate to experienced coaches not young ones and believe in them more. Players don't want friends, they want coaches. This opinion is drawn from my 50 year coaching experience.

Reaction Score
Do you supose an international coach has the qualifications the job posting requires?
I don’t believe for a second that that would stand in the way of Geno getting who he wants!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The listing is closed now, right? Any idea when we will hear?

Last edited by a moderator:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well first they need to go through the pile of resumes received and sort those out that do not meet the minimum requirements. Then they need to go through the ones that did and review the candidate against the preferred qualifications. Then they need to set up interviews with those candidates followed by ranking them, follow up interviews for the finalists and ultimately negotiating a contract with the selected candidate.

So, I'd say anytime after noon today based on the requirements listed in the job posting. ?

Reaction Score
Well first they need to go through the pile of resumes received and sort those out that do not meet the minimum requirements. Then they need to go through the ones that did and review the candidate against the preferred qualifications. Then they need to set up interviews with those candidates followed by ranking them, follow up interviews for the finalists and ultimately negotiating a contract with the selected candidate.

So, I'd say anytime after noon today based on the requirements listed in the job posting. ?
Yes, it was an exhaustive interview process but it went really fast. It looks like there was huge list of qualified applicants. ;) :p

Reaction Score
Yes, it was an exhaustive interview process but it went really fast. It looks like there was huge list of qualified applicants. ;) :p
As many posters suspected, the fix was in from the outset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom