Arizona's Ballo in the portal... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arizona's Ballo in the portal...

Reaction Score
Those coaches are so lazy. Imagine how good UConn could be if they put in some work.
I will NOT make a KO comment.
Oops...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Disappointed. Doesnt look like DH and Staff put the work in to try to land him. He was an obvious fit to replace DC.
Hurley will rarely undermine his integrity. At least not deliberately. He meant it when he wanted Samson to not leave UConn last season and had to recruit him to stay. It was likely he was going to be Donovan’s backup this year but I can imagine he would have told Samson when Donovan leaves Samson would be the starter.

It’s why they went for a player that is complementary to Samson and did not try to recruit over him.

The value that Hurley will get from this reputation should not be trivialized. There are still families and players, good players, that look for a program that emphasizes this over money. The Castles and Spencer’s prove this. This loyalty will only reinforce that position.

What’s amazing is Tom Moore had to find a player who would really provide help to the position and not offend Samson. And he did that with Reed. That is not an easy find.

We definitely have the best coaching staff in the country.

Reaction Score
Hurley will rarely undermine his integrity. At least not deliberately. He meant it when he wanted Samson to not leave UConn last season and had to recruit him to stay. It was likely he was going to be Donovan’s backup this year but I can imagine he would have told Samson when Donovan leaves Samson would be the starter.

It’s why they went for a player that is complementary to Samson and did not try to recruit over him.

The value that Hurley will get from this reputation should not be trivialized. There are still families and players, good players, that look for a program that emphasizes this over money. The Castles and Spencer’s prove this. This loyalty will only reinforce that position.

What’s amazing is Tom Moore had to find a player who would really provide help to the position and not offend Samson. And he did that with Reed. That is not an easy find.

We definitely have the best coaching staff in the country.
Tend to think you are spot on with this. Hurley honors loyalty, it goes both ways. He emphasizes culture, and that would not be reinforced with mercenaries over home growns. The equity built in this is that he will retain players over time, who will culture carry year over year and know the system, and be able to teach new joiners. With Cam, there was a glaring hole that no one on the roster to fill. That’s not the case with next years 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom