Are you worried about Akok? | The Boneyard

Are you worried about Akok?

Are you worried about akok?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I’m worried about Akok. His injury was so devastating. I got so excited the two times he has shown some flashes but a year later he still doesn’t look the same and Hurley definitely doesn’t trust him on the court. I’m also worried about him mentally with the huge expectations he set for himself and having it all fall apart due to very unfair luck. The guy spent a lot of time on campus, rehabbing in isolation during the early part of the pandemic, he may feel that his dreams have been crushed and physically he just doesn’t look agile, especially on defense. I know it’s hard to tell in a game like today where he only played a minute but I really hope everything is ok with him mentally and that he continues to progress physically. I know it has to kill him inside to not be in the rotation in a big East game against Villanova.

Reaction Score
Injuries like that take time to fully heal. We knew that from the beginning. He needs more time.

It's like pitchers who have Tommy John surgery. Their first season back usually isn't great. But by the next season they're usually pretty good.

Reaction Score
He comes on the court full of piss and vinegar and after he attempts to block a shot he comes up slightly gimpy. Has happened a couple games now. Not all the way back and he clearly has some trust issues in the injury and for good reason. Injuries like that are both mental and physical and he's feeling both of those right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm more worried about Hurley's perception of Akok's health limiting his usefulness than I am Akok's health or ability to help if he gets 20 mpg.

Reaction Score
I'm more worried about Hurley's perception of Akok's health limiting his usefulness than I am Akok's health or ability to help if he gets 20 mpg.
Hurley has said a few times that despite Akok wanting to play, and him wanting Akok to play, that he's using the rest of this season to build Akok back up for next season since he's just not ready right now. Said they'll need him next season after Whaley is gone.

Reaction Score
I’m not worried. I don’t think anyone should be at this point.

Reaction Score
What made Akok a great shot blocker was his quick hops. He doesn’t have that back yet. Nova guy took it right at him and he couldn’t get up quick enough.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He clearly is not ready defensively. I think Danny wants to put him in a position to succeed. A game like today where every defensive possession is critical is not ideal. We are in the heart of the season and there are no cupcakes on the schedule. No blowouts. It is going to be tough to get him on the court defensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom