Are Texas and Notre Dame in Danger of Missing Tournament. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are Texas and Notre Dame in Danger of Missing Tournament.

Reaction Score
Let me put it this way. Tenn went 19-12 through the 2019 SEC tournament. They went 1-7 against top 25 teams and finished 7-9 in the SEC. They made the tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Let me put it this way. Tenn went 19-12 through the 2019 SEC tournament. They went 1-7 against top 25 teams and finished 7-9 in the SEC. They made the tournament.
But you don't have to be a top 25 team to get an at-large. You only have to be a top 45-ish team, and Tennessee had a good record vs. 26-50

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think it’s too early to tell. With Notre Dame, it’s expected for them to be struggling right now. They lost their whole starting lineup, but they don’t even return bench players other than Vaughn who’s hurt. They’ll grow and get healthy and be fine.
Texas on the other hand is a head scratcher. Sutton, Higgs, Holmes, and Collier is a hell of a foursome. Texas should be at least a top 20 team. Can you truly say you’ve seen substantial growth from Sutton, Higgs, and Holmes? Holmes looked unstoppable as a freshman and has just fizzled out. Texas should not be losing by almost 30 at home to anyone. I don’t know much about Ashton, but y’all are saying she’s a good recruiter, but I don’t see much growth for this team. Sutton, Higgs, and Holmes are seniors and will be gone next year. Collier and Taylor will be back, but per hoopgurlz, Texas isn’t bringing in a top 100 recruit next year and their bench right now doesn’t have any top players. I don’t think anyone is picking on Texas, but I personally expect a lot from UT in all sports. Texas has wayy too many resources on top of being an excellent academic school to not dominate collegiate sports. I think Baylor doing well right now (and A&M being in the top 10) puts pressure on Ashton. I follow softball and this is much like Connie Clark and Texas Softball. Oklahoma was winning championships (like Baylor wbb) while Texas was just doing ok. I think Texas should fire Ashton. They already stole Mike White (softball) from Oregon. Go get Kelly Graves or someone who can make Texas a top 10 program.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame has the tougher schedule and might be in a more dangerous position to miss the tournament. However, Muffet is a great coach and they'll probably win more games then they lose in the ACC and that should be enough to get them in the tournament.

As others have said, it’s way too early. But to answer your question. Yes, absolutely.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ND's loss last night to Florida Gulf Coast is not helpful.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND's loss last night to Florida Gulf Coast is not helpful.

This Cancun tourney has a lot of land mines for an inexperience team like the Irish: FGCU, South Dakota State and USF. 25 turnovers didn't help the cause yesterday. Last year in Vancouver, ND started off with Gonzaga, Drake and Oregon State and that was with the NC lineup+Turner.

In any case, Brunelle, Peoples, Gilbert et al are getting experience by fire. Can only help down the road although there will be a lot of bumps and bruises (both body and ego) along the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom