April 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

April 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the way you skipped the focal point of Littiemin’s post, which was the “guilty til proven innocent” tone of your post, and went straight to the “ I’m happy to see you agree with me”! I’m not sure that is correct, but more importantly, do you not see the perniciousness of publicly assuming (without a shred of evidence) that the coach at Syracuse might be a bad guy who needs to be investigated because a bunch of players transferred from his team? Did any of those players accuse him of anything? Five are grad transfers and four are players who were suspended at the end of the season. While it a bit shocking to hear that 11 kids are transferring, even a small effort on your part should have shown that, given the above-mentioned circumstances, it might be a little unfair to publicly smear the coach! I guess if your s*** is weak, the next best thing is to declare victory and move on.
Thank you for admiring my technique in posting responses.
A couple of questions.
Do you think the athletic department at Syracuse should make any inquiries regarding the transfer of 11 players from the women's basketball team ?
Who is Littiemin ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Imari Berry named to the all-area team:

Imari Berry​

Clarksville, Fr.

Height, Position:
6-0, Guard

Why chosen: The freshman guard finished second on the team in scoring average at 14.2 points and shot 50% for the season with a team high 22 3-pointers. She also averaged 6.3 rebounds for a CHS team that finished 17-5.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade ('23) was named MVP of the recent Shamrock Classic AAU tourney.

ExG1JRlWQAEVS5z

Reaction Score

Imari Berry​

Clarksville, Fr.

Height, Position:
6-0, Guard

Why chosen: The freshman guard finished second on the team in scoring average at 14.2 points and shot 50% for the season with a team high 22 3-pointers. She also averaged 6.3 rebounds for a CHS team that finished 17-5.
Please no. I just could not handle her and Amari Deberry on the same team. Lol.

Reaction Score
Thank you for admiring my technique in posting responses.
A couple of questions.
Do you think the athletic department at Syracuse should make any inquiries regarding the transfer of 11 players from the women's basketball team ?
Who is Littiemin ?
Good one!

Reaction Score
The other day I saw something about Nancy Mulkey pulling out of the WNBA draft, but it appeared she wasn't sure yet if she was returning to Rice or transferring. If she did wind up in the portal there might be some interest. She is 6-9 and I believe was MVP of the NIT tournament.

Reaction Score
The other day I saw something about Nancy Mulkey pulling out of the WNBA draft, but it appeared she wasn't sure yet if she was returning to Rice or transferring. If she did wind up in the portal there might be some interest. She is 6-9 and I believe was MVP of the NIT tournament.
No way. She's just a lesser version of Olivia. If we are going to take another person, she needs to be beefier and a threat from the arc. I'm still in the Dorka corner.

Reaction Score
No way. She's just a lesser version of Olivia. If we are going to take another person, she needs to be beefier and a threat from the arc. I'm still in the Dorka corner.
Wow at 6’9 though I wouldn’t mind her as a backup to Liv. That’s some real paint protection. Hard to get a real gauge on her skills against high level teams with the competition she’s played. Not everyone is going to shoot the 3, so that’s not a big deal. But we definitely don’t need another big who misses a ton of layups and can’t compete against muscle, but her fg% doesn’t look bad considering she’s shooting a great volume than Liv.

Reaction Score
Why don’t we just let Geno “make do” with the loaded roster he already has?
Tip- top talent top to bottom.
Adding another player via portal just shorts the players he already has for game time.
Adding another big will only short Gabriel of meaningful playing time and further development. I see good things in her- moves up and down the court well. Got to give her time to grow.
Lets just “suffer through” with what we have.
More than enough already.

Reaction Score
Tip- top talent top to bottom.
Adding another player via portal just shorts the players he already has for game time.
Adding another big will only short Gabriel of meaningful playing time and further development. I see good things in her- moves up and down the court well. Got to give her time to grow.
Lets just “suffer through” with what we have.
More than enough already.
I don't agree. If Uconn wants to win championships against the elite of college basketball, like Baylor, S. Carolina, and Stanford, they need to have substantial contributions from multiple post players, If Juhasz, for example, has the ability to put them over the top, then let's welcome to this already deep and crowded roster.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And while we are at it why don't we just get all the other coaches to stop acquiring players also. I mean NC State was a number 1 seed and returning all of their players. Did NC State really need to add Madison Hayes- a top SEC freshman performer and Diamond Johnson- a top Big 10 freshman performer?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And while we are at it why don't we just get all the other coaches to stop acquiring players also. I mean NC State was a number 1 seed and returning all of their players. Did NC State really need to add Madison Hayes-the SEC freshman of the year and Diamond Johnson-another top Freshman performer?
Madison Scott was FOY; Madison Hayes was All-Freshman. Too many Madisons.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I don't agree. If Uconn wants to win championships against the elite of college basketball, like Baylor, S. Carolina, and Stanford, they need to have substantial contributions from multiple post players, If Juhasz, for example, has the ability to put them over the top, then let's welcome to this already deep and crowded roster.
And don't you think that Geno and his coaches know a bit more than you and I about a transfer's ability to put us over the top??? I do. So no matter if they add any transfer or don't, I'll leave that up to them and be happy about it.

Oh, I also would like to mention that we played 2 of your 3 "elite" teams this season...and guess what? We beat them both.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Imari Berry​

Clarksville, Fr.

Height, Position:
6-0, Guard

several UConn broadcasters have already contacted Geno pleading with him not to offer her a scholarship due to possible play by play name stumbling with Amari DeBerry...........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We do have Piath, and she's big and takes up space - you can't teach that. No more players for UConn; there are too many as it stands now. The teams that keep trying to stockpile all the talent are going to find their rosters in constant turmoil because players at this level want to be more than just practice fodder and someone with a better seat during games. A balanced roster of 9-11 players I think is best. Any more than that just becomes too unwieldy.
Any available videos of Piath? I know height is valuable but would be interested in her skills as well. Did not get much court time to come to any evaluation.

Reaction Score
And don't you think that Geno and his coaches know a bit more than you and I about a transfer's ability to put us over the top??? I do. So no matter if they add any transfer or don't, I'll leave that up to them and be happy about it.

Oh, I also would like to mention that we played 2 of your 3 "elite" teams this season...and guess what? We beat them both.
The teams are examples. Next year there could be others. That's why I used "for example."Barely beat them and who's to say they would beat them again if the game were replayed. The point is that last year's team lost to Arkansas for a variety of reasons including the ineffectiveness of post play. Juhasz, might take them over the top. The decision is, of course, with the Uconn coaches whether she or another transfer could do so.

Reaction Score
Any available videos of Piath? I know height is valuable but would be interested in her skills as well. Did not get much court time to come to any evaluation.
Hoops fan- we’re on the same page.
Plenty of talent on board already.
Work your magic Geno.

Reaction Score
Real live AAU ball underway.

A battle between UConn targets took place today: KK Bransford vs Ashlynn Shade

Here's a Bransford clip:

Does anyone know what others schools interested in KK Branford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom