18. Georgia Tech
19. Notre Dame
20. North Carolina
21. Duke
22. Colorado
23. Kentucky
24. Florida Gulf Coast
25. Iowa
Others receiving votes: Ohio State 47, Virginia Tech 40, Oregon 23, Kansas State 18, South Florida 14, UCF 9, Missouri 8, DePaul 5, Kansas 4, South Dakota 3

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The new coach at Oklahoma must be doing a whale of a job.

And wasn't it last week that Lville got 4 first-place votes? Maybe SC's thumping of KY changed some minds.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
AZ #10 but Oregon nowhere to be found.
The Duck's did get 23 votes :rolleyes:. But their unranked status will certainly help ESPN's game narrative, just like when we played GT :).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Forget about UConn getting preferential treatment from ESPN, how is Kentucky still in the top 25 with an 8-5 record? I personally have UCF in at #24 with their 12-2 record
Unbelievable. I thought for sure they would be out after getting hammered by Tennessee. What are voters seeing with that team?

Reaction Score
Forget about UConn getting preferential treatment from ESPN, how is Kentucky still in the top 25 with an 8-5 record? I personally have UCF in at #24 with their 12-2 record
How is baylor still top 15 with 2 of 3 losses this week ?

Reaction Score
denise richards smile GIF

#11 - #10 - now #9. At present rate, ladies should be #1 on March 14.

Reaction Score
AZ #10 but Oregon nowhere to be found.

How is baylor still top 15 with 2 of 3 losses this week ?
The bias toward certain coaches may be becoming more pronounced. Baylor's new coach being touted as a great replacement for Mulkey, what with her WNBA credentials. And then there's Arizona. When people talk and write about how good someone is they tend to have a hard time admitting they may have spoke too soon.

Reaction Score
Thought they were voting in the men’s poll

Reaction Score
Yeah, that behavior by Adia Barnes was not what you want to see from your head coach. I was a little shocked last season when she flipped the bird while celebrating on court during the tournament. I gave her a bit of a pass then because her team had been disrespected by virtually everyone. With this latest display (reportedly directed toward the team and head coach) one has to wonder if she has anger and self-control issues? Furthermore, the tepid, insincere apology she put out was really unacceptable. Now I’m hearing that she and her players are claiming that he was directing obscene comments towards them during the game. Even if that’s true (which I doubt) there are certainly better, more mature ways to deal with that than acting like a middle schooler in front of the entire country! I think the Arizona AD would be well advised to nip this kind of behavior “in the bud” before it gets any worse.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Unbelievable. I thought for sure they would be out after getting hammered by Tennessee. What are voters seeing with that team?
You got me. I'm mildly taken aback that Iowa is still ranked, too.

Neither team is in the Boneyard rankings.

Reaction Score
Duke should be out of the top 25 also. Glad to see Georgia Tech getting some street cred.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Only bad loss is to DePaul. Others are to Indiana, Tennessee, Louisville and South Carolina. Have a good win vs Georgia. Not sure they should be ranked but I understand why they are.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that behavior by Adia Barnes was not what you want to see from your head coach. I was a little shocked last season when she flipped the bird while celebrating on court during the tournament. I gave her a bit of a pass then because her team had been disrespected by virtually everyone. With this latest display (reportedly directed toward the team and head coach) one has to wonder if she has anger and self-control issues? Furthermore, the tepid, insincere apology she put out was really unacceptable. Now I’m hearing that she and her players are claiming that he was directing obscene comments towards them during the game. Even if that’s true (which I doubt) there are certainly better, more mature ways to deal with that than acting like a middle schooler in front of the entire country! I think the Arizona AD would be well advised to nip this kind of behavior “in the bud” before it gets any worse.
It will be interesting to see how the coaches bit today. Will they penalize Arizona in the rankings due to Barnes behavior? Shouldn’t but might.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder about just how much these voters are:
a) familiar with
b) paying attention
c) sticking with/doubling down on faves, results be damned
d) some combination thereof

Ratings that caught my attention.
  • Baylor still in the top 15? That's not the same team from last year, folks!
  • Kentucky, which seems to get the benefit of the doubt in spite of the 8-5 record. Yes, they've lost to some good teams, but the games I've seen of them have not convinced me of them being a top team. Let's seem them get on a roll....
  • Keep an eye of Ga. Tech, either way. Their lack of ball-handling is troublesome and while they can play defense and rebound, when they meet other teams that do the same, whew. The Louisville and Miami games were virtually unbearable to watch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how the coaches bit today. Will they penalize Arizona in the rankings due to Barnes behavior? Shouldn’t but might.

Any video evidence of her bad behavior? I've seen alot of talk about it.. but no video evidence.

Reaction Score
Any video evidence of her bad behavior? I've seen alot of talk about it.. but no video evidence.
Well, she seems to have admitted the finger by apologizing for it. I haven't heard anybody deny that - or that she did it in the Final Four last year . Not sure who she was flipping off in that one (Huskies or maybe the world)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I didn't know she flipped off the coach. I read that she flipped off the team and the fans.

I also read where she said some untoward things when the coaches met in the handshake line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom