AP Poll 11/29/21 | The Boneyard

AP Poll 11/29/21

Reaction Score
1South Carolina (7-0)1Southeastern Women750 (30)
2North Carolina State (6-1)5Atlantic Coast Women704
2Connecticut (3-1)3Big East Women704
4Stanford (5-2)7Pacific 12 Women607
5Baylor (6-1)6Big 12 Women593
6Indiana (5-1)4Big Ten Women577
7Arizona (7-0)9Pacific 12 Women540
8Maryland (6-2)2Big Ten Women526
9Iowa (4-0)8Big Ten Women517
10Louisville (5-1)10Atlantic Coast Women483
11Tennessee (6-0)11Southeastern Women461
12Michigan (7-0)12Big Ten Women430
13South Florida (5-2)18American Athletic Women417
14Iowa State (7-0)13Big 12 Women394
15Texas (4-1)14Big 12 Women342
16Kentucky (4-1)20Southeastern Women234
17Texas A&M (7-0)23Southeastern Women221
18Ohio State (5-0)21Big Ten Women204
18Oregon (3-2)15Pacific 12 Women204
20Georgia (6-0)Southeastern Women167
22Florida Gulf Coast (7-0)25Atlantic Sun Women141
23Oregon State (3-2)16Pacific 12 Women78
24Notre Dame (6-1)Atlantic Coast Women52
25Florida State (4-2)17Atlantic Coast Women51
Others receiving votes:
West Virginia 46, Virginia Tech 37, Colorado 30, UCLA 29, Georgia Tech 21, Duke 15, Arkansas 11, Gonzaga 7, North Carolina 2, DePaul 2, Washington State 2, Missouri State 1, Purdue 1, Oklahoma 1

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That looks about right to me. I would have jumped NC State over UCONN, as their YTD season has been more impressive than ours. But being tied for #2 is just fine as well.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How in the &#%@ is Florida State still in the top 25? After losing to BYU and (cough) Purdue??

And how is BYU not at least getting votes? They beat both Florida State and West Virginia, and they're undefeated. They should be in the top 25, not these clown shows from the ACC.

Edit: Oh never mind re. BYU. I see that OP left them out. They are #21 in the poll. But still, Florida State should be unranked.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't really understand how Maryland is below Baylor, when they beat them with their depleted squad, and no BYU?? That seems like a complete miss as they beat both Florida State and WV, both of whom should be unranked imo (I see WV is still getting votes).

Glad to see Georgia and ND crack the top 25 as I think they were going to be ranked sooner or later.

Edit a-la Plebe: didn't see BYU is #21 too, and am glad to see them ranked, I think the conference challenges this week, and OOC matchups over the next few weeks will continue to jumble the Top 25, which has been really fun to watch.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How in the &#%@ is Florida State still in the top 25? After losing to BYU and (cough) Purdue??

And how is BYU not at least getting votes? They beat both Florida State and West Virginia, and they're undefeated. They should be in the top 25, not these clown shows from the ACC.

Edit: Oh never mind re. BYU. I see that OP left them out. They are #21 in the poll. But still, Florida State should be unranked.

Thinking about rescinding my invitation to Plebe to join me at a ACC tournament :confused::oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Silly Plebe, trying to use logic with the AP voters! At least next week you will be solely focused on the 3rd BY poll with intelligent voters!

I will say that this first few weeks of the season have shown significant scheduling improvement and matchups including any number of "tournament" match-ups to help promote the game. Along that way, we have seen a fair number of "upsets" that continues to show the depth of talent being distributed among more schools and conferences. Too bad the logic that the sport is casting a net across the top 30 teams doesn't apply to UConn games that our posters feel should be 30+ point blowouts and if not, what the heck is wrong with the Huskies? This past weekend of upsets was unbelievable and unparalleled for this sport. It is good to hear even the "mighty Tara" state these early season matchups are good for the game...sounding eerily like a short Italian guy we know... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Gonna have to fire my cutter & paster.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Glad to see they have finally added Georgia.
BYU deserves that ranking.
I’ve had ND in my top 25 since week 1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Glad to see they have finally added Georgia.
BYU deserves that ranking.
I’ve had ND in my top 25 since week 1.
Yes, agreed on all counts.

My preseason / Nov. 23 poll rankings:

BYU: 24/23 (will probably move them higher next week, provided they take care of Utah)
ND: 21/20 (also trending up)
Georgia: 16/14
Duke: 25/first team out
UNC: first team out/24
FSU: unranked/unranked
VA Tech: unranked/unranked

Reaction Score
It is all meaningless at this point. Just scatter the team names and throw a dart. I love my Colorado team but 28th in the nation? It’s embarrassing. They are 7-0 now and likely to be undefeated going into PAC-12 play. If they win three of their first six conference games, a true feat, I might change my mind. Don’t hold your breath.

Last edited:

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
#24 Notre Dame should be flip-flopped with #23 Oregon State. Given their otherwise very similar resumes (one close-ish loss to a higher ranked team), why not respect the results of their H2H match-up this weekend? FWIW, I haven't had OSU in my top-25 all season. The potential is there but the results just don't bear it out yet.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It is all meaningless at this point. Just scatter the team names and throw a dart. I love my Colorado team but 28th in the nation? It’s embarrassing. They are 7-0 now and likely to be undefeated going into PAC-12 play. If they win three of their first six conference games, a true feat, I might change my mind. Don’t hold your breath.
Uh, Colorado should win 3 of their first 6 conference games, considering 3 of them are home games vs. USC, UCLA and Cal, all of which have proven that it doesn't take a top 25 team to beat them.

Reaction Score
I would have had us between Maryland and Iowa. Georgia and ND should be higher.

Reaction Score
Uh, Colorado should win 3 of their first 6 conference games, considering 3 of them are home games vs. USC, UCLA and Cal, all of which have proven that it doesn't take a top 25 team to beat them.
That is why I have hope. You note I didn’t say 4. If they win those three (they are 28th, if they take one road game from Stanford, Oregon, or Oregon State, they are in top 25.again, remembering PAC-12 tourney loss toWashington.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people on here don't really care about NC State (it IS a UCONN board, after all)...but this week's poll brings with it a few interesting tidbits regarding NC State:

-- we tie North Carolina for 9th place all-time in weeks ranked, with 414. Of ACC teams, only Duke has been ranked more often

--- This is NC State's 12th week ranked #2 in the history of the AP poll. We tie Stephen F. Austin for most weeks ranked #2 without ever being ranked #1

--- With 19 consecutive weeks in the top 5 of the AP poll, we trail only UCONN (ranked in the top 5 for 24 consecutive weeks) for consecutive weeks ranked in the top 5.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people on here don't really care about NC State (it IS a UCONN board, after all)...but this week's poll brings with it a few interesting tidbits regarding NC State:

-- we tie North Carolina for 9th place all-time in weeks ranked, with 414. Of ACC teams, only Duke has been ranked more often

--- This is NC State's 12th week ranked #2 in the history of the AP poll. We tie Stephen F. Austin for most weeks ranked #2 without ever being ranked #1

--- With 19 consecutive weeks in the top 5 of the AP poll, we trail only UCONN (ranked in the top 5 for 24 consecutive weeks) for consecutive weeks ranked in the top 5.
Actually, I think, thanks to you, many BYers follow NC State and have an affinity for Wes. Without a doubt NC State is identical to SC and UConn, that 2nd in your conference is way behind you, without any need to worry. Where exactly do you or even us, belong among the top 5 is the debate.

Stanford, we knew was and is talented but as they find there way without a point guard they may have a blip or two. Maryland has had injuries and Diamond Miller is a big concern. Plus that whole defensive issue could rear it's ugly head. Iowa-see Maryland, Indiana has the opposite issue, defense is great, offense-not so much.
Baylor will have some rude awakening when they play Texas and ISU and maybe even WVU.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I don't think we're No. 4 in the country right now, but I suppose it would be churlish to complain...

Reaction Score
#24 Notre Dame should be flip-flopped with #23 Oregon State. Given their otherwise very similar resumes (one close-ish loss to a higher ranked team), why not respect the results of their H2H match-up this weekend? FWIW, I haven't had OSU in my top-25 all season. The potential is there but the results just don't bear it out yet.
You are correct that ND should be ranked higher than OSU at this time. I would not have been surprised had OSU been out of the TOP 25. Having watched this team closely for many years, there is real individual talent on this season's team, just haven't managed to mesh well as of this past weekend. Until OSU gets into PAC-12 play, I don't see OSU having an opportunity to move up in the rankings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom