Anyone watching Gasparilla Bowl? | The Boneyard

Anyone watching Gasparilla Bowl?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
E19A5267-0070-446B-8FD4-CFCDE1E575FB.jpeg

Reaction Score
These games can be pretty ridiculous at times. Forget an interim coach, Florida had an interim QB. Kid is in the transfer portal but played anyway, supposedly because they were super thin at QB or something. Interim coaches, players sitting out, covid protocols, etc. I'd never put a dime on any of these games, although UCF seemed like a good bet going in.

Reaction Score
These games can be pretty ridiculous at times. Forget an interim coach, Florida had an interim QB. Kid is in the transfer portal but played anyway, supposedly because they were super thin at QB or something. Interim coaches, players sitting out, covid protocols, etc. I'd never put a dime on any of these games, although UCF seemed like a good bet going in.
Wouldn't exactly call a starter for every game but 1 or 2 an interim but yeah the 2nd string Qb was dealing with an injury.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't exactly call a starter for every game but 1 or 2 an interim but yeah the 2nd string Qb was dealing with an injury.
I call him interim because he announced he would be entering the transfer portal, but stuck around to play anyway. A very unusual occurrence to say the least. As for him being the starter, it's because the other kid is always hurt that he starts. Add in the fact that they just brought in a transfer QB, and it is clear that Florida would rather go in a different direction at that position.

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
"Hey, someone go get Grandpa. He's wandered onto the field again."
6E888F9E-8C25-466C-84F3-9378FEBF5367.jpeg
Good Lord. I had to use the Google Machine.
Wonder what he got GDL for Christmas.

Reaction Score
Billy Napier announced he’s keeping Paqualoni on the new staff in a new role called “Director of Advanced Scouting and Self Scout”

Reaction Score
Billy Napier announced he’s keeping Paqualoni on the new staff in a new role called “Director of Advanced Scouting and Self Scout”
AKA.. you won't be on the road or dealing with players... just review tape all day.

Reaction Score
Instead of Gasparilla, they should have the Rufus Xavier Sasparilla bowl.

(Big with GenX)
Gasparilla is a huge event in Tampa. It is an annual event about a pirate (Jose Gaspar) who terrorized the Tampa Bay area. Jose Gaspar is made up, but it is a fun time here. It's Tampa's Mardi Gras... but family friendly!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Napier is smart...he is following the Alabama/Georgia model. Build a large infrastructure of assistants off the field.

Reaction Score
Gasparilla is a huge event in Tampa. It is an annual event about a pirate (Jose Gaspar) who terrorized the Tampa Bay area. Jose Gaspar is made up, but it is a fun time here. It's Tampa's Mardi Gras... but family friendly!
Mardi Gras is family friendly too.............maybe just not the more traditional style family...

Reaction Score
View attachment 72080
Good Lord. I had to use the Google Machine.
Wonder what he got GDL for Christmas.
I admit, I really liked Paul. Really good person.

He got fired here because he didn’t win games. And, no, he didn’t ruin the program. That is ridiculous.

The guy is a terrific football coach, especially Xs and Os. I am surprised he still wants to coach, but as far as film breaking down and giving the head coach a sounding board, he is terrific.

Just because someone fails as a head coach in a situation doesn’t mean they can’t coach. He has about 40 years of terrific results.

Reaction Score
Rufus Xavier Sasparilla is a better fictional character

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom