Anyone start watching Bridge and Tunnel yet? | The Boneyard

Anyone start watching Bridge and Tunnel yet?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
New series on Epix by Ed Burns, started last night. I didn't even know we had Epix until I read about the series yesterday; looks like a great movie channel with a few different stations.

Anyway, the series takes place on Long Island in 1980 and sounds like something that might grab me, so we're going to start watching tonight I think:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Started this last night with Mrs. 8893. So far the jury is still out for both of us; it's okay, not great, but got better as it went. The half hour goes by quickly and I wish we could have watched more than one episode so we could try to get some more traction, but the next one doesn't air until Sunday.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Four episodes in, I am liking it well enough to stay with it. Captures the times pretty well and the characters are developing. The music is very effective at bringing you back to that time. Easy half hour slice of life.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
On behalf of everyone who reads the Entertainment page...oh.
Had no idea it existed. The soundtrack alone will interest the Mrs.

"I’m 52, so in 1980 I’m in sixth grade and at my most impressionable. I romanticized the lives and escapades of the older guys and girls in my neighborhood — I could only imagine what they were doing when they were walking down my street to the train station on a Friday or Saturday night, going into the city to do their thing."

This rings true. I'm 54, and even in the wilds of Manchester, CT, this was true. I'm still nostalgic for those days. I recall paddling a canoe on Coventry lake at maybe 14-15 and some college aged guy drinking a beer while waterskiing on one ski steers himself over towards us, nearly taking his own legs out, in an effort to hand us the beer. That stuff just does not happen now. I missed the 18 year drinking age by less than a year, so it was very apparent how much different things were for those just a year or two ahead.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I missed the 18 year drinking age by less than a year, so it was very apparent how much different things were for those just a year or two ahead.
Same here. And I had six older siblings, and parents who were weary from a lot worse things than underage drinking. As long as I didn't get arrested or hurt myself or anyone else, I never hit their radar and was able to see and do a lot of stuff I probably never should have seen or done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On behalf of everyone who reads the Entertainment page...oh.
So...can't really say I recommend this. Never went anywhere. Nice slice of life but not much there there. Seemed like the whole six episodes were a pilot looking to gain traction. Maybe it gets picked up for second season because of who Burns is, but I don't think it found much of an audience (as indicated by the crickets here).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom