Anyone know how to get Israeli scores? | The Boneyard

Anyone know how to get Israeli scores?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Today was Saniya Chong's (and Morgan Tuck's) first game with Elitzur Holon in the Israeli league. I can't find any info on it, not even a score. Anyone out there have better searching skills than mine (quite likely)?

TIA

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Chong supposedly had 39 points and 5 assists.

WOW! Let's hope that's true.

Bags, I have that page bookmarked. I just would've hoped in this day and age that they'd have had it updated by now. I guess even this old fart is getting used to the information age.;)

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Here is the box score...odd though that the only thing in Hebrew is the player names. I can attest that #11 is Saniya on the second team listed.

LINK

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="My god, how can Sanyia score 39 pts in a single game ???

FRB[/QUOTE]

That's only a point a minute. She got all of 34 seconds rest during the game. What a loafer.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks everybody for the links. Great news!

סיאניה צ'ונג . I love it! Chong with a Tz...

When I imagine an Israeli pronouncing it with the American spelling, I can understand why it has a tz in Hebrew. ;)

Reaction Score
This thread on Rebkell may be of use:

RebKell's Junkie Boards :: View topic - Overseas Updates 2017-2018

Contains links to results from many foreign leagues.
A full slate of games was played on the traditional Monday schedule. The day started with Maccabi Ramat Hen getting an 83-78 win as they are not expected to be the title threat they were in recent seasons. Nia Coffey had a promising overseas debut, but it was another WNBA rookie who stole the show on the other side for Elitzur Holon as Saniya Chong nearly willed her team to victory.

Reaction Score
It seems one Tiffany Hayes is also playing in Israel. She plays for Maccabi Ashdod and had 27 points and 10 boards in her team's first game which was a win against Bnei Herziliya. On the Morgan Tuck front, I don't see her name listed on the Elitzur Holon team roster; is it possible she is joining later in the season?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
When I saw the thread title, my aging mind went into the gutter. My answer (had I not dutifully censored myself) would have been "learn to speak Hebrew."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It seems half the league is WNBA (or at least USA). I hope Saniya brings back home that offensive mindset

Reaction Score

Bags does a great job here spotting this link. I went to the Jerusalem Post (English), clicked on "Culture," then on "Sport." From "Sport" you can "Search" for women's sports or for whatever. One headline that I noted said the women's basketball league was on strike. A favorite joke in Israel is that the only thing that doesn't strike is the matches.
As for "learning Hebrew," it's not easy as you can see. Not only is there a different symbol system, but script is read from right to left. Henry Higgins commented (with horror) that: "Hebrews learn it [English] backwards, which is absolutely frightening!"

Reaction Score
For that matter, could we start a "Overseas Pros" thread with game boxes from all the leagues in which our UConn alumnae are playing during the WNBA off-season?

Reaction Score
When I saw the thread title, my aging mind went into the gutter. My answer (had I not dutifully censored myself) would have been "learn to speak Hebrew."
Great (or not minds think alike). That was my first reaction, too.:rolleyes:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
As for "learning Hebrew," it's not easy as you can see. Not only is there a different symbol system, but script is read from right to left. Henry Higgins commented (with horror) that: "Hebrews learn it [English] backwards, which is absolutely frightening!"

As someone who speaks intermediate Hebrew, it is an incredibly difficult language, because of the writing (using characters that are not English letters) and doing so from right to left. But I went to a Hebrew day school, so I had Hebrew/Judaic studies/prayers/Biblical history for half the day, with English and general studies for the other half...and did this for eight years.

But I absolutely love the language. I love hearing it, I love speaking it.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...But I absolutely love the language. I love hearing it, I love speaking it.

With you on that, Cam. My second language is Spanish, and I love speaking and hearing it. When you have a second language, you get a second culture as well. I did four years of high school Spanish, and two more semesters in college. I am married to a high school Spanish teacher. Understanding a foreign language also helps me understand my own language.

Reaction Score
Elitzur Holon women won their game this afternoon 99 -69, but I can't find any stats or articles about the game.

Reaction Score
Elitzur Holon women won their game this afternoon 99 -69, but I can't find any stats or articles about the game.

Chong had 15 pts (5-10, 1-2 3P, 4-4 FT), 2 reb, 7 ast, 2 to in 35:25

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom