Anyone here like fishing? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone here like fishing?

Reaction Score
I've been known to fish some.
Had a gator follow my lure for a few yards last time I was in FL. But it was more curious than aggressive. I think.
Little known fact, Rich Z and I both spoke at the same bass fishing conference in New York about 15 years ago. Where were we Rich, Mamaroneck?

Reaction Score
Thought they were a fish from the Amazon. Had no idea they're in North America.
They were introduced in the canals in South Florida way back in 1984 and have done rather well in a very hospitable climate down there.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Little known fact, Rich Z and I both spoke at the same bass fishing conference in New York about 15 years ago. Where were we Rich, Mamaroneck?
All I remember was that it was farther away than I expected it to be. That was almost 40 years ago. We were veritable kids.
Littler known fact, it was Steve Quinn who asked me to speak at that deal. Some years later, he would be one of my editors at In-Fish.

Reaction Score
For some fishing errant golf shots out of ponds does count. I've caught some nice Callaways, Titleists including many Pro Vs and those elusive Bridgestones.

This is my fishing rod:

1654522008269.png

Reaction Score
All I remember was that it was farther away than I expected it to be. That was almost 40 years ago. We were veritable kids.
Littler known fact, it was Steve Quinn who asked me to speak at that deal. Some years later, he would be one of my editors at In-Fish.
Rich, the one I'm referring to was for NYBass.com. It was in 2007.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I watched that video, and while entertaining and impressive, it's a joke that they say "oh bro I caught that on a kayak"....

Its like claiming to jump off the empire state building but your landing was into a 1000 foot bouncy castle mattress.

Dealing 6 hours with a huge fish like that is impressive in and of itself, but it would have been just as impressive on a boat from "wicked tuna" get out of here with the kayak crap.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I watched that video, and while entertaining and impressive, it's a joke that they say "oh bro I caught that on a kayak"....

Its like claiming to jump off the empire state building but your landing was into a 1000 foot bouncy castle mattress.

Dealing 6 hours with a huge fish like that is impressive in and of itself, but it would have been just as impressive on a boat from "wicked tuna" get out of here with the kayak crap.

We hear that about "fishermen" catching sharks from the shore of beaches. Technically they are standing on the beach while reeling it in but they take boats or kayaks a 1/2 mile or so out to shore past the last sand bar, drop the line and then come back to shore and wait.

Newer stuff for both shore fishing and out at sea is drones with cameras and rigged with a line and hook. Drone flies around and fisherman checks the video. When they see the fish or school of fish they release the mechanism holding the line on the drone and drop it in to to place.

It's bad enough any decent fishing boat should have GPS location and sonar to look for schools in the water, now it's perilously close to shooting fish in a barrel easy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The juvie White Sharks have taken to grabbing stripers off the line in Cape Cod Bay. Easier than competing with the bigger sharks for seals I suppose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Close to shooting fish in a barrel easy?…. LMAFO

You have not spent much time fishing obviously..

No, I don't spend much time fishing. Usually go out on a friend's boat. They punch in the GPS coordinates to artificial reefs they have gone in with friends or to publicly available GPS locations. You turn on the fish finder, check the depth, drop a line and catch fish. After 3-4 hours everyone has bagged out their limits and we go back to shore. Clean, prep, eat and freeze the rest. Not a lot of skill there in reading charts, checking weather, tides, current flows and other information.

Using drones makes it even easier since you can expand your "view" of the area.

We are just starting snapper season in the Gulf of Mexico and I can guarantee every person I know will max out for every person on every boat for every trip.

Reaction Score
Shameless Plug:

If you are in the market for surf casting rods, reels, rigs, and tackle of all types, please check out the Ninja Tackle website. The son of my first cousin is the owner of this company. They are located in Chester, Va., so they cut their teeth on the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

He has recently appeared in a few youtube videos on the Bama Beach Bum channel, the latest one from Cape Cod fishing for stripers.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We hear that about "fishermen" catching sharks from the shore of beaches. Technically they are standing on the beach while reeling it in but they take boats or kayaks a 1/2 mile or so out to shore past the last sand bar, drop the line and then come back to shore and wait.

Newer stuff for both shore fishing and out at sea is drones with cameras and rigged with a line and hook. Drone flies around and fisherman checks the video. When they see the fish or school of fish they release the mechanism holding the line on the drone and drop it in to to place.

It's bad enough any decent fishing boat should have GPS location and sonar to look for schools in the water, now it's perilously close to shooting fish in a barrel easy.
Would you like to try it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom