Anyone have a link to Geno's postgame presser? | The Boneyard

Anyone have a link to Geno's postgame presser?

PvP

Reaction Score
Interested in hearing Geno's take on yesterday's game. Would appreciate any assist. Thanks.

Reaction Score
This is probably the most interesting post loss presser I’ve listened to from Geno. None of the media was dictating the old theme of “the mighty Uconn has fallen,” and they asked questions to prompt Geno to discuss what went wrong.

Very insightful. Agreed that we didn’t have enough scorers on the floor, something he’s been saying all year but gets overlooked because of our success so far. And I was intrigued to hear him call the team skiddish when facing opposition. Something I’ve noticed in many close or tough losses in years past.

Lastly, he sounds really optimistic that when the team is at full strength and has worked on its weaknesses, that we’ll be in a good spot late season.

Reaction Score
This is probably the most interesting post loss presser I’ve listened to from Geno. None of the media was dictating the old theme of “the mighty Uconn has fallen,” and they asked questions to prompt Geno to discuss what went wrong.

Very insightful. Agreed that we didn’t have enough scorers on the floor, something he’s been saying all year but gets overlooked because of our success so far. And I was intrigued to hear him call the team skiddish when facing opposition. Something I’ve noticed in many close or tough losses in years past.

Lastly, he sounds really optimistic that when the team is at full strength and has worked on its weaknesses, that we’ll be in a good spot late season.
The problem yesterday was our best scorers were spectators. Between Paige, Azzi, and Dorka you had 50 points on the bench. After Azzi's day ended early they had 8 players, and two of those 8 don't play very much. The team is just incredibly thin right now.

Reaction Score
I really enjoy Geno post game pressers. Geno's experience as a coach really came through in this presser.

Reaction Score
One’s going to be an All-American and the other one is going to lead the nation in assists.
Nika's headed in the direction she wanted to go from the start. When Geno gave the preview of the recruits the year they committed he told of how she loved to get assists.

Just think of how many assists she'd have if Paige was playing and Dorka hadn't been sidelined this year.

I was thinking the other day about how I felt that this team would not go undefeated. Unbeaten streaks are overrated in my book. I do think that UCONN will be in the mix in the NCAA's. Up in the air if they can get another title though.

Reaction Score
The problem yesterday was our best scorers were spectators. Between Paige, Azzi, and Dorka you had 50 points on the bench. After Azzi's day ended early they had 8 players, and two of those 8 don't play very much. The team is just incredibly thin right now.
I thought that the defense kinda fell apart. ND got a lot of easy buckets/rebounds in the paint and they were hot from outside.

Best to forget about this one and move on.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Auriemma pressers are a very interesting mixture of frank truth and equally frank but not necessarily truthful message sending.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize UConn won the second half until watching the presser. Really put the game in perspective. Even with 3 starters out, this team has the wherewithal to beat quality opponents

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom