Anyone have a favorite Husky? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone have a favorite Husky?

Reaction Score
Oh, if we’re going all time — and still assuming Paige’s transcendent status — my fave has to be Rebecca Lobo. She gave (and continues to give) a renewed national credibility to WCBB as well as to the WNBA. She made the country start to care about WBB.

Reaction Score
I actually meant this year’s squad, but that’s okay. Maybe by season’s end (when the win the championship) we may have new favorites!

Reaction Score
I actually meant this year’s squad, but that’s okay. Maybe by season’s end (when the win the championship) we may have new favorites!
Considering Paige in a separate category, I'm with those who root most for Caroline, sort of a local girl, relatively speaking.
Oh, if we’re going all time — and still assuming Paige’s transcendent status — my fave has to be Rebecca Lobo. She gave (and continues to give) a renewed national credibility to WCBB as well as to the WNBA. She made the country start to care about WBB.
She and Jen.

Still, oh, my gosh, Geno and CD recruit no one but classy, likable young women. We can't go wrong.

All-time, Sue, then Maya...

Reaction Score
KLS is why I started really watching UCONN
Currently think AE would be right at home on that island Wonder Woman came from.
In other words, a real Amazon.
And I’ll always picture Nika with a black eye, yelling something at somebody.

Reaction Score
All-time, Napheesa. She's just such a student of the game; she's progressed so much, every year since she got to UConn, probably before. And she's just so smooth.

Currently, Nika. Who picks Dennis Rodman as her hero? She manages to channel her inner Dennis Rodman while at the same time just being the most charming person you could imagine. She has such an appreciation for the game and the fans. And on the court she's absolutely the opposite of Napheesa.

Nope I can't explain it.
Everything you said and Nika has never fouled anyone.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This year's team? Don't know yet. Haven't seen them play.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Stewie has only been mentioned once (in passing). She was so predictably great in nearly every game she played that, I guess, she just became "assumed." I know she is one of the very best to have played, and probably she didn't have the most outgoing personality, but it still surprises. BTW I have a hard time picking from Carla Berube, Kelly Faris, and Mo Jeff....and so many others. Currently-Nika.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
For a long time fan it's really impossible to pick one as each class has a favorite for me. All I'm going to do is pick my all-time fav if I consider the entire program from the Geno era. That would be Svetlana Abrosimova, with Tina Charles and Gabby Williams a close second and third. To be honest, they all are dear to my heart.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I see the family resemblance.
Completely different. One has a black nose and pink ears and the other has a pink nose and white ears. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom