Anyone grow grapes and/or raspberries? | The Boneyard

Anyone grow grapes and/or raspberries?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm looking to expand my garden, and hopefully get it right this time.

What are some good seedless eating grapes? Low maintenance raspberries?

Reaction Score
If you want raspberries, get fall-bearing. Caroline and Heritage are good choices. We had a HUGE patch of them when I was a kid. All you have to do is aggressively prune them once a year and you're good. It was part of my fall chores when I was in elementary school. If 9-year-old me can do it, you can too.

Reaction Score
I bought blackberries on clearance from h.d. 2$ a pot bought 10 of these a few yrs back.everyyear I get these huge sweet berries theyre so good,I have to net them though because I don't like sharing them with birds

Reaction Score
Please share your locations of any berries you may plant. I enjoy eating them. Don’t worry I’m fully vaxed and will only come at night.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We started raspberries when I took up gardening in '95. Took out the garden four years later. I'm sure the new owners will be picking raspberries this year. Could not eradicate them from the hill behind where the garden was.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My grandmother grew grapes successfully in Mass years ago. I don't remember them tasting so great freshly picked but she made great jelly.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
raspberries grow mostly like weeds in many parts of Connecticut.
nothing to it, and if u get a patch going and want it to go all hollywood in result, just fertilize and water a bit, and if ur not able to capitalize on it the day they turn ready, wrap them in netting, cuz the animal kingdom will shred it in a new york minute. ezpz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom