Anyone get the email to purchase the Fenway game yet? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anyone get the email to purchase the Fenway game yet?

Reaction Score
Ok that makes some sense with the Home UConn game, but it still seems weird that Fenway has 10,000 to sell for what they label as 'neutral unaffiliated' for UConn vs BC and no such designation for Dartmouth v Brown and UMass v Maine. In the other games those sections are designated for a team (presumably visitors but the distinction isn't consequential).
Did UConn stipulate that only 7,000 seats be available to BC fans? Seems kind of silly and I'd guess that more than half the people buying the 10,000 will be rooting for BC even if not wearing maroon.

I think The Fenway Group is expecting BC-UConn to be a sellout. Time will tell if that happens. I think there will be plenty of tickets available on the day of the game.

Personally I do not see either of the other two game having close to 20,000 people at the game. I think The Fenway Group expects much more than that.

Let's hope they have good weather on the 10th and 11th. If they have heavy rain they could leave a very beat up field.

Reaction Score
I think The Fenway Group is expecting BC-UConn to be a sellout. Time will tell if that happens. I think there will be plenty of tickets available on the day of the game.

Personally I do not see either of the other two game having close to 20,000 people at the game. I think The Fenway Group expects much more than that.

Let's hope they have good weather on the 10th and 11th. If they have heavy rain they could leave a very beat up field.
Fenway group knows what they are doing. It will be heavily advertised on nesn throughout the Red Sox season. It might not be a sellout but I see it being close to it

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Wasn't BC's best attended home game the UConn game last year and wasn't there a lot of blue and white?

Reaction Score
I believe it was Clemson and the colors were orange and white.

If BC has a decent season going next year and that's a big if, they will bring 20,000, eat up the secondary market and create a sell out. If not the game will draw 30,000.

Reaction Score
I believe it was Clemson and the colors were orange and white.

If BC has a decent season going next year and that's a big if, they will bring 20,000, eat up the secondary market and create a sell out. If not the game will draw 30,000.

Either way you just proved the point that BC fans don't show up to their games. When Michigan came to the Rent, when UConn wasn't very good, we still had the majority in the building (which was a sellout with additional seats brought in). You literally just proved the point that the only reason the Clemson game was most attended was because of the opposing teams fans. Kudos!

Reaction Score
Either way you just proved the point that BC fans don't show up to their games. When Michigan came to the Rent, when UConn wasn't very good, we still had the majority in the building (which was a sellout with additional seats brought in). You literally just proved the point that the only reason the Clemson game was most attended was because of the opposing teams fans. Kudos!
I don't think the apathy is denied by many BC alumnus/students/fans that are candid. They might posture in fan forums but its been their problem forever, almost like the Flutie effect created inflated expectation scenario that moderates enthusiasm. Its great that this game is happening and at Fenway, should sent up a rivalry that both teams need.

Reaction Score
Wasn't BC's best attended home game the UConn game last year and wasn't there a lot of blue and white?
Demand was so high for the game at BC last year, BC was giving away 2 tickets to every season ticket holder that asked for them. I passed out 8 free tickets that I was able to get a hold of. In case you forgot, at that point Uconn's had gone about 9 consecutive quarters without scoring a touchdown.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'd think the typical Sox season ticket holder is probably a B1G, Ivy or ND alum/fan. I would not count on tons of impartial and curious Sox fans showing up.

Reaction Score
IMG_2481.PNG

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
FWIW I watch 95% of Sox games and this hasn't been featured once. Maybe they will later in the season?

Reaction Score
FWIW I watch 95% of Sox games and this hasn't been featured once. Maybe they will later in the season?
The advertised it the day they had media day. Don't think they will advertise again until they go on sale to general public

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is bad news. This makes it sound like we have tons of unsold tickets.
Yes, but I will be much more disappointed if we play much better football in September and that doesn't spur substantive ticket sales for this game.

Reaction Score
This is bad news. This makes it sound like we have tons of unsold tickets.

How so?? Today was the previously announced date that tickets would go on sale to general public. Fenway retained +/- 10K for sale by them.

Reaction Score
How so?? Today was the previously announced date that tickets would go on sale to general public. Fenway retained +/- 10K for sale by them.

I am not referring to the general sale. I am referring to the special UCONN presale being extended. If we weren't able to sell that out then it makes us look bad. A game at Fenway against are supposed rival that can't sell out a limited a number of ticket??!! That looks bad.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am not referring to the general sale. I am referring to the special UConn presale being extended. If we weren't able to sell that out then it makes us look bad. A game at Fenway against are supposed rival that can't sell out a limited a number of ticket??!! That looks bad.

Well - we have looked bad with respect to ticket sales for a good 6 years now, so you can't really be surprised here.

Reaction Score
I am not referring to the general sale. I am referring to the special UConn presale being extended. If we weren't able to sell that out then it makes us look bad. A game at Fenway against are supposed rival that can't sell out a limited a number of ticket??!! That looks bad.

Sorry... expecting UConn to sell out their allotment of 22k tickets to this game in mid-May is a bit unrealistic.

Reaction Score
Sorry... expecting UConn to sell out their allotment of 22k tickets to this game in mid-May is a bit unrealistic.
If this was designed to get season ticket holders to buy it is disappointing. If Uconn has 20k season tickets holders, this means a low percentage of season ticket holders bought tickets for this game. I know some that are not happy to have lost a home game and have to pay extra, drive 90 minutes, pay extra for parking and have limited tailgate options.

Winning will drive these bitchers to buy closer to the game but right now, they are not enthusiastic buyers.

Reaction Score
Never expected UConn to sell out right away. Game is so far out and no game time available. People I know are waiting to see what time the game is before buying.

Reaction Score
Why surprised? It's only May and like you said, the tix for this game are more expensive than regular home games and people still have to get themselves to Boston that Saturday. We already know how fickle our fan base is (and the last few years the program has given them plenty of good reasons to be), but if Randy's got the team playing reasonably competitive football come November, the ticket sales for this game will increase.

Reaction Score
Boston fans are very provincial and always support Boston teams in events like this. I expect most of the Red Sox tickets will end up going to BC fans.

I still hear everyone on hear complaining about ticket prices, cost of parking, etc. We're playing a P5 team in one of the most expensive markets in the country. I heard the same crying over the cost of tickets at BC last year. P5 football is all about big money and compared to other games this is a cheap ticket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom