OT: Anyone catch this trainwreck? | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone catch this trainwreck?

Reaction Score
Floyd looking like his daddy in a disheveled kind of way. An all time great career and this is what hes come to. Not a fan of his and this is just embarrassing. That Jake Paul clown is going to end up getting seriously hurt sooner or later egging on professional fighters.

Reaction Score
Jake Paul got a broken tooth and black eye, he's lucky he didn't get put to sleep. Floyd has never been much of a power puncher but he may kill him now in the ring, I won't be watching.

Reaction Score
Remember when people used to care about boxing? I was a huge boxing fan in the late 1970's through early 1990's.
People still do, the biggest ppv fights blow everything out of the water but the sport is so corrupt and poorly run they don't get nearly enough matchups that should happen and there's too long a gap between big fights.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
People still do, the biggest ppv fights blow everything out of the water but the sport is so corrupt and poorly run they don't get nearly enough matchups that should happen and there's too long a gap between big fights.
I used to be able to name most of the top 10 heavyweight contenders and the top 2-3 of several other weight classes. I couldn't tell you the champion of a single class today.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
It doesn’t surprise me at all that Floyd went for a cash grab like this. I don’t care at all about these celebrity fights at but the real boxing landscape is compelling; Ive been watching fights every weekend. Let’s make a Canelo - BJS thread!

Reaction Score
Boxing looks like Pro Wrestling now, which is maybe a good idea for them

Reaction Score
I prefer Muay Thai.

Both are fun. I have fought muay thai amateur back in my day. I don't like the purely thai style boxing, but those guys are tough as nails.

Reaction Score

You can see Floyd get him with the left at 0:29 here. The fact that Paul was that shook from a pretty soft left from a guy not even known for being a puncher. I guess the lesson is "not a puncher" when we're talking about pro boxing is "a brick sh-house" by the rest of our standards.

Apparently Paul didn't want to admit it was Floyd that hit him after lol.

Yeah, this fight is going to be a joke and a sideshow. But hey, I'd get KO'd by Floyd Mayweather for a few million bucks too.

Reaction Score
Is it younger people or older people who are still big fans of the sport? Some of both? I don't know anyone who watches boxing any more. I remember all the big fights in the 1970s and 1980s had prominent articles in the Courant. I can't remember any fights being on the front page of the sports section in a long time. Maybe a couple? There's just no way there are as many boxing fans today as there used to be.

Reaction Score
Is it younger people or older people who are still big fans of the sport? Some of both? I don't know anyone who watches boxing any more. I remember all the big fights in the 1970s and 1980s had prominent articles in the Courant. I can't remember any fights being on the front page of the sports section in a long time. Maybe a couple? There's just no way there are as many boxing fans today as there used to be.
I go to a bar for the big PPV fights and it's packed. Mostly younger people with a mix of older people, always an ethnically diverse crowd. They are so infrequent though, seems like it only happens once a year before the pandemic.

Boxing was the most popular sport in the country for a long time, it's nothing like that anymore but people still love the huge fights. If they knew how to sell it like UFC does, boxing would be talked about way more.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I go to a bar for the big PPV fights and it's packed. Mostly younger people with a mix of older people, always an ethnically diverse crowd. They are so infrequent though, seems like it only happens once a year before the pandemic.

Boxing was the most popular sport in the country for a long time, it's nothing like that anymore but people still love the huge fights. If they knew how to sell it like UFC does, boxing would be talked about way more.
Between sanctioning body ridiculousness, like the WBA having three different primary champions in certain weight classes, and promoter politics preventing the best matchups, it’s easy to see why boxing isn’t a mass appeal product anymore. But the UFC doesn’t pay the fighters anywhere close to what they can earn in boxing.

Reaction Score

So true. Boxing would be HUGE if these guys would stop protecting their egos and fight legit competition 2x a year each.

Reaction Score
Floyd looking like his daddy in a disheveled kind of way. An all time great career and this is what hes come to. Not a fan of his and this is just embarrassing. That Jake Paul clown is going to end up getting seriously hurt sooner or later egging on professional fighters.

Vince McMahon script this up?

Reaction Score
So true. Boxing would be HUGE if these guys would stop protecting their egos and fight legit competition 2x a year each.
They are starting to fight each other now, because it’s such a known thing that they have dodged each other to stay champion. This new crop of champs are putting it all on the line and fighting each other. Times are changing.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I predict these tik toking punks will dominate these sham fights until the 4 sanctioning bodies in boxing and Dana White and others in mixed martials put an end to the madness. The only thing is, they are making the most money off of these scripted sideshows and some underpaid legends are taking big money "dives" for DAZN dollars.

Sad days for all of the fight games.

Reaction Score
I used to be able to name most of the top 10 heavyweight contenders and the top 2-3 of several other weight classes. I couldn't tell you the champion of a single class today.
Canelo Alvarez is literally going to fill up the cowboys stadium on Saturday. Hes the biggest name in all of combat sports, bar none. Tyson vs AJ is going to be the biggest heavyweight boxing fight this century. There are some big boxing fights happening this year. Just not as many as we would like.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Canelo Alvarez is literally going to fill up the cowboys stadium on Saturday. Hes the biggest name in all of combat sports, bar none. Tyson vs AJ is going to be the biggest heavyweight boxing fight this century. There are some big boxing fights happening this year. Just not as many as we would like.
They also could give Bud Crawford an opportunity to be a superstar by getting the Pac Man fight booked now and then following up with Spence in Dec. It's criminal the way they are wasting his prime like this.

Boxing could be great again but it sabatoges itself at every opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom