Any idea when the schedule gets released? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any idea when the schedule gets released?

Reaction Score
Fans allowed back for the first time in 2 years and we have....CCSU, Coppin St, and Grambling as our OOC home opponents. That is an absolutely terrible look. This is probably the first time I've ever actually been disappointed with Benedict. That's a big fail on his part.

Call Texas, Florida, hell even Memphis or Houston. Just get someone with a recognizable name in Gampel

Reaction Score
I had thought we were playing CCSU on Nov 13. Turns out it's CSU (Coppin State). Have we scheduled Central at all? If so, when?

Reaction Score
I had thought we were playing CCSU on Nov 13. Turns out it's CSU (Coppin State). Have we scheduled Central at all? If so, when?
My guess is it is opening night or the day after which would be Tuesday the 9th or Wednesday the 10th. Historically UConn has started on a Friday night but maybe changed it up this year (Hurley's first year started on a Thursday and last year was a Wednesday, but also a COVID season so not entirely relevant with no fans).

With CSU on Saturday, they are probably playing 9th or 10th.

Reaction Score
My guess is it is opening night or the day after which would be Tuesday the 9th or Wednesday the 10th. Historically UConn has started on a Friday night but maybe changed it up this year (Hurley's first year started on a Thursday and last year was a Wednesday, but also a COVID season so not entirely relevant with no fans).

With CSU on Saturday, they are probably playing 9th or 10th.
Thanks -- if we play CCSU on the 9th-10th, Coppin on the 13th and LIU on the 17th, Hurley might opt for a seven-day layoff ahead of the Battle4 -- to assess, plan the rotation, let any minor injuries heal. Wouldn't be surprised if we have the full November schedule right now.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Are we in the Gavitt games this year?

Reaction Score
Fans allowed back for the first time in 2 years and we have....CCSU, Coppin St, and Grambling as our OOC home opponents. That is an absolutely terrible look. This is probably the first time I've ever actually been disappointed with Benedict. That's a big fail on his part.

Call Texas, Florida, hell even Memphis or Houston. Just get someone with a recognizable name in Gampel
I like the schedule for a few reasons:

1. We don’t know what COVID will be like 2-6 months from now so who knows if attendance will happen. I think it will, but you never know. Don’t know if it’s worth risking the economic benefit of a huge home game when attendance is uncertain.
2. Other side of COVID: if the games are open to the public, every seat is going to be filled no matter what we play.
3. We had a bad offense with a dynamic lottery pick. We need games to figure out the go to guys and overall flow of the offense while getting the freshmen involved. Crap teams provide that.
4. Schedule balancing. We still have to return the Florida game and are starting the BE/B12 on the road. UConn was looking for a home game this year and then a return game 2 years from now, which obviously nobody wanted. To get a big time home game this year we would’ve had an unbalanced schedule somewhere else down the line, most likely next year. Think you see a B12 home game and @Florida next year.

Also, Benedict does not handle basketball scheduling.

Reaction Score
We are running a gauntlet in Atlantis. Big time ooc games is a deathwish.
I meant to say they don’t seem too concerned about good home games. There schedule is good but none of the good games are at home. You need one good home game a year. Maybe they will shock us.
It's pretty funny because all the people complaining about not having more tough OOC games would be the first ones complaining if we lost them
I would never complain. I’d rather see less cupcake games. I believe that even if we lose to a good team early it helps in the long run.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I meant to say they don’t seem too concerned about good home games. There schedule is good but none of the good games are at home. You need one good home game a year. Maybe they will shock us.

I would never complain. I’d rather see less cupcake games. I believe that even if we lose to a good team early it helps in the long run.
Agree. I would rather play more good teams OOC and lose a few more but be better prepared for March.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Agree. I would rather play more good teams OOC and lose a few more but be better prepared for March.
You don’t make it to March if you “ lose a few more”

shizzle787

Reaction Score
You don’t make it to March if you “ lose a few more”
Yes you do if you are in a power conference like the Big East. If you go 18-14 with a great SOS you are in.

August_West

Reaction Score

Losing to a top 20 team at home to entertain fans doesn’t help this team.

if we were preseason top 10, I’d say bring it on. We are not. We don’t need our confidence shattered or a bad ooc home loss. If you lose it’s devastating to the tourney number crunchers. If you win it’s not that helpful because you’re home.

the risk vs reward is out of whack.

right now we need a tournament team. I don’t mind being smart at scheduling towards that.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yes you do if you are in a power conference like the Big East. If you go 18-14 with a great SOS you are in.
Lol. You want to test that?

Reaction Score

I guess I'm just not seeing the huge slate of cupcake games like others are saying. We have 3 very strong games in the Battle 4 Atlantis even in a worst case scenario, plus a road game against West Virginia, and possibly neutral court against St Bonaventure. That's plenty of early season tests to have a gauge of where the team is at going into conference play, especially in a team with so much lineup uncertainty

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If we can get just one P5 home game, I can live with the schedule.

Reaction Score

Borges claiming OOC schedule could be as soon as today. He also tweeted it would come out within "a couple weeks" more than a month ago so take with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
Love this matchup!

Between Auburn, West Virginia, St. Bonaventure, Michigan St/Loyola-Chi, and Baylor/AZST/Cuse/VCU that’s a much better OOC than people here give credit.
Just would be nice to have one of those at home. Out of state now but when I had season tickets that 1 big OOC game at home was sweet, especially when it was at Gampel.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Id like to see us schedule a Pac-12 team home and home such as UCLA, Arizona, or Oregon.
Just one P5 home game a year is all I ask.

Reaction Score
As of now it looks like only 5 non-conference home games (CCSU, Coppin, LIU, Binghamton, Grambling). Pretty underwhelming for the season ticket holders when they had 8 in 2019/20 and 9 in 2018/19, especially after missing out last year due to COVID. Now I know Big East adds an extra home game (20 games vs 18 in AAC) but you still have to be disappointed.

Granted, @WVU does take up a home game and I'm very ok with the squad getting a true road game out of the way as a test before BE play. If the BE starts around ~12/20 like last year, you essentially lose 1-2 home games between end of exams and when AAC would start (which was always around New Years Day). For example, 2019/20 had home games Dec 18, 22 and 29th before AAC play started. The 22 and 29th games are now BE games, but it doesn't appear they have a post-exams warm up before BE play, which would be nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom