Another New Article on Azzi | The Boneyard

Another New Article on Azzi

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From a local source. What a great kid with a great story! Well, it's not a new article, but I forgot I had seen it.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In the ESPN featured article, it noted that she could have come this semester...
But chose to graduate with her class and play (even if unofficially) with them for the semester.
Great kid...
But imagine...if she was here now...
Put your mind to that one.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
In the ESPN featured article, it noted that she could have come this semester...
But chose to graduate with her class and play (even if unofficially) with them for the semester.
Great kid...
I am not so sure that would be a good thing, for the same reason I suspected Poffenbarger would not get significant minutes this semester. The chemistry of a team matters. Bringing someone in midseason, who has not paid the same dues as her teammates, risks that. It's true that winning smooths over a lot of potential problems, but that requires an admission of defeat that someone needs to be brought in for that purpose. Perhaps UConn would have performed even better with Fudd coming in midseason this year, but I sense they stand a good chance of winning a NC regardless. More importantly, I bet the UConn players on the current squad sense they can win the NC. If they already have the belief and confidence that they can win it all as constituted (and Poffenbarger does not hurt that since she's effectively just there getting a head start on learning and adjusting), then bringing Fudd in could hurt that chemistry and end up subtracting by addition.

Next season though, watch out!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great kid...

Another article said that she could not work out the academics to graduate early. Who knows?!

Reaction Score
I know she is a great scorer..Is she also a good defender? Is she a good passer and a good rebounder? I've only seen highlights of her shooting..

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great kid...
Imagine if Megan Walker had stayed for her senior year, and was a part of this team. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom