Annual What Are You Handing Out for Halloween Thread | The Boneyard

Annual What Are You Handing Out for Halloween Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've always been a fan of the chocolate classics- Snickers, Reese's PB cups, 3 Muskateers, M&M's, etc. Mrs. Diesel is more the sugar type- Skittles and Twizzlers.

This year we both forget to get anything so we're giving out whatever is left on shelves. We may be handing out Sweet Tarts and Dum Dum lollipops.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Reeses and Kitkats, though we won't actually get any trick or treaters most likely and will eat them ourselves.

As an aside... had a Bueno bar for the first time recently and that is a top-shelf candy bar.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reeses and Kitkats, though we won't actually get any trick or treaters most likely and will eat them ourselves.

As an aside... had a Bueno bar for the first time recently and that is a top-shelf candy bar.

For those not familiar with the Bueno bar.

Reaction Score
Our trick or treater population is very inconsistent from year-to-year. In general we go with:
  • Mini good stuff. Reese's, Snickers, Twix, M&M medley... that solid genre.
  • Gummy stuff, Twizzlers, etc. for the nut free kids.
  • We used to keep a bag of cute erasers or other dodads for kids that had other food issues, but nobody ever took anything so we stopped.
In the beginning I give a couple per kid. As the evening goes on and I see we aren't going to run out, I give more. Towards the end, I'm telling the older kids to grab whatever they want. Except for the older kids that don't wear a costume or act like jerks. They just get the smallest thing I have.

Reaction Score
Our trick or treater population is very inconsistent from year-to-year. In general we go with:
  • Mini good stuff. Reese's, Snickers, Twix, M&M medley... that solid genre.
  • Gummy stuff, Twizzlers, etc. for the nut free kids.
  • We used to keep a bag of cute erasers or other dodads for kids that had other food issues, but nobody ever took anything so we stopped.
In the beginning I give a couple per kid. As the evening goes on and I see we aren't going to run out, I give more. Towards the end, I'm telling the older kids to grab whatever they want. Except for the older kids that don't wear a costume or act like jerks. They just get the smallest thing I have.
Careful there Chuck, don’t want you to get arrested for indecent exposure.

Reaction Score
I just returned from Walmart with the following:

Kit Kat, Reese's, Hershey bars, Snickers and Twix. This is the first time that I will be handing them out since I moved. The past two years, I set up a table and let the kids just grab them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've always been a fan of the chocolate classics- Snickers, Reese's PB cups, 3 Muskateers, M&M's, etc. Mrs. Diesel is more the sugar type- Skittles and Twizzlers.

This year we both forget to get anything so we're giving out whatever is left on shelves. We may be handing out Sweet Tarts and Dum Dum lollipops.
Lol, this is exactly what we are giving out. Got a big box of Drake cakes for the kids I know. Drakes cakes, you say? You betcha! They are inexpensive and have a nice heft when you toss them into the bag.

(Sadly, the similarities in candy took me away from my original post, which was going to be “A garden hose filled with cold water. Filthy beggers!”)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Regular-sized candy bars over here. The kids love me.
I wanted to be "that house" this year, but Amazon let me down. Continuing delays on shipping two boxes of regular size Hershey/KitKats until I finally had to cancel the order last Wednesday.

So "fun size" M&Ms varieties, Reese's cups, Skittles & Starbursts. Each kid gets 3 of whatever.

I'm hoping there are peanut M&Ms leftover.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Regular-sized candy bars over here. The kids love me.

Good for your soul as well.

1667242195459.png

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Snickers & Milky Way here. For 3 special kids (neighbor's kid and another neighbor's 2 grandkids), they get special loaded bags that include Goldfish, Kit Kat, Reese's Pieces, and (drum roll please) UConn Husky Candy Bars I picked up while visiting campus, Milk Chocolate & Krispy.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Mostly assorted big bars from Costco. Some little bars in case we run out. Weather is ok out in Chicago so I'm guessing we'll have around 100-150 treaters.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We used to go with the classics, Snickers, Reese's, Twix. But....we always have lots left over and will eat those. So my wife has switched to stuff we wouldn't eat. She has discovered that the little kids like Ring Pops. So we have those and like 200 packs of Pop Rocks, which the older kids evidently like.

Wife is with her dad at the ER right now, so it seems I am likely handing stuff out. Not looking forward to that. Assume I should give them several packs of pop rocks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We used to go with the classics, Snickers, Reese's, Twix. But....we always have lots left over and will eat those. So my wife has switched to stuff we wouldn't eat. She has discovered that the little kids like Ring Pops. So we have those and like 200 packs of Pop Rocks, which the older kids evidently like.

Wife is with her dad at the ER right now, so it seems I am likely handing stuff out. Not looking forward to that. Assume I should give them several packs of pop rocks.
I hope your father-in-law is okay.

But yes, several bags of Pop Rocks, along with a can of Coke, for each kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom