Andy Katz: Top National Champions since 2000! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: Top National Champions since 2000!

Reaction Score
I don't think the 2002 Maryland team was that good at all. Maryland needed a lot of help from the refs to beat UConn, and UConn was Caron Butler, and not much else. Johnnie Selvie was probably the second best player on the team that year. Butler was amazing, but if Maryland could barely beat that UConn team, then they weren't that good.
That's the one I'd take off the list. Other than Juan Dixon, who else was on that team?
Note: just came to me that Steve Blake was his backcourt mate, but still.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That's the one I'd take off the list. Other than Juan Dixon, who else was on that team?

The refs treated a stiff like Lonnie Baxter like he was Karl Malone in that game. Baxter took 18 freaking free throws in that game. Come on.

Reaction Score
I don't think the 2002 Maryland team was that good at all. Maryland needed a lot of help from the refs to beat UConn, and UConn was Caron Butler, and not much else. Johnnie Selvie was probably the second best player on the team that year. Butler was amazing, but if Maryland could barely beat that UConn team, then they weren't that good.
Ben averaged 13 points and Emeka 8 points and 9 boards, as freshmen. We'll be in very good shape if our incoming freshmen can contribute like that next year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s gilchrist here but still a classic

Reaction Score
If all these teams played right now 2012 wins easily
UK 2012 isnt beating Uconn 04. Jim Calhoun uses all that length to shut down AD and Meka doesnt need to score 20 for that team to win. Just rebound, block shots and get his points when he can. Honestly though i think thatd be our toughest match up because of AD.

Reaction Score
UK 2012 isnt beating Uconn 04. Jim Calhoun uses all that length to shut down AD and Meka doesnt need to score 20 for that team to win. Just rebound, block shots and get his points when he can. Honestly though i think thatd be our toughest match up because of AD.
i was actually referring to our lineup of
Drummond
Oriakhi
Giffey
Daniels
Boat
Napier
Lamb
Roscoe

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ben averaged 13 points and Emeka 8 points and 9 boards, as freshmen. We'll be in very good shape if our incoming freshmen can contribute like that next year.

They were still freshmen.

Reaction Score

That was a good college team but I'm not sure they belong high on a list like this. They gave those great Duke teams fits for a several-year stretch and the ACC was pretty damn good back then.

Blake
Dixon
Byron (Bryan?) Mouton
Chris Wilcox
Lonny Baxter

Reaction Score

'12 UK is weird, most people overrate the hell out of that team because Davis became a great pro. People calling Davis the best collegiate defensive force since Ewing was disrespectful to Okafor IMO, Emeka wasn't even mentioned in those conversations. Sorry, but junior year Okafor > freshman Anthony Davis. The supporting cast after that with the '04 team isn't particularly close--not to mention the wealth of experience the '04 team had.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The 01 Duke team isn't even the best team on this list..... yet it's #1 obviously this list is trash. It's just for content.

Reaction Score
The 01 Duke team isn't even the best team on this list..... yet it's #1 obviously this list is trash. It's just for content.

I don't have a problem with '01 Duke being the top team. That team was ridiculous and played a really tough schedule (the rare Coach K tough OOC slate). Jason Williams was one of the best college basketball players of the past 25 years IMO. Curious as to who you'd put at #1.

Reaction Score

I meant 2012 UConn (lotta pros)

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with '01 Duke being the top team. That team was ridiculous and played a really tough schedule (the rare Coach K tough OOC slate). Jason Williams was one of the best college basketball players of the past 25 years IMO. Curious as to who you'd put at #1.
This may sound very homerish but Uconn 2004. When that team got it going it was a wrap. They shouldve blown everyone out in the tourney but Duke got some help from the refs and JC took his foot off the peddle against Gtech because he didnt want to embarrass them in front of the country. That team was the best team ive seen since the 90 UNLV team. People talk about 6 losses but that UNLV team had 5 losses also but when they got it going they just destroyed teams but they got tested in the tourney by Ball St while Uconn never got tested other than Duke.

Reaction Score
Only 06/07 Florida could compete with 04 UConn.
Thatd be a fun match up. Still think 04 is just to deep for that team but unlike UK 12 they have a great team and a great in game coach who wouldnt have JC coaching circles around him.

Reaction Score
This may sound very homerish but Uconn 2004. When that team got it going it was a wrap. They shouldve blown everyone out in the tourney but Duke got some help from the refs and JC took his foot off the peddle against Gtech because he didnt want to embarrass them in front of the country. That team was the best team ive seen since the 90 UNLV team. People talk about 6 losses but that UNLV team had 5 losses also but when they got it going they just destroyed teams but they got tested in the tourney by Ball St while Uconn never got tested other than Duke.
Yep, anyone who was too young to watch the 2004 team or just forgot about what they looked like at full strength and focused should watch the highlights from this game again. They would destroy Gonzaga and these other teams physically and they bombed away from three, men against boys.

Reaction Score
Yep, anyone who was too young to watch the 2004 team or just forgot about what they looked like at full strength and focused should watch the highlights from this game again. They would destroy Gonzaga and these other teams physically and they bombed away from three, men against boys.

Let me say this about that 2004 team. Im as big a nervous nelly as there is but i was so confident that we would cut down the nets that year that i had the least anxiety ive ever had in all the years of watching the tourney. Even when we were down late to duke i had zero doubt we`d win. From 1990 to 2003 i was a nervous wreck before and during most tournament games as all fans are but 04 was cake. The only thing that even came close to that feeling was in `11 when we beat MSU i turned to my gf and told her "we`re not going to lose. We`re winning it all". I totally believed it but i was still a nervous wreck in the F4.

Reaction Score
Let me say this about that 2004 team. Im as big a nervous nelly as there is but i was so confident that we would cut down the nets that year that i had the least anxiety ive ever had in all the years of watching the tourney. Even when we were down late to duke i had zero doubt we`d win. From 1990 to 2003 i was a nervous wreck before and during most tournament games as all fans are but 04 was cake. The only thing that even came close to that feeling was in `11 when we beat MSU i turned to my gf and told her "we`re not going to lose. We`re winning it all". I totally believed it but i was still a nervous wreck in the F4.
MSU was 2014 no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom