Andy Katz says UConn is a sleeper pick for the Final Four | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz says UConn is a sleeper pick for the Final Four

Reaction Score
We should have the best player going into most games, up to the supporting cast to show up for bouk.
And our best player needs to trust his supporting cast and not try to do it all himself just like other UConn alpha guards have done in the past for the team to be successful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m not sure Katz does in this instance.

We’re 26 in Kenpom (7 seed)
23 in BPI (6 seed), and
32 in NET (8 seed)

So we’re 6-8 by the metrics. Katz has us as a 10 in his bracket for some reason.

It’s a little incoherent for him to personally dock us in the seeding relative to our objective numbers while simultaneously talking us up as a sleeper pick for the Final Four.
He's going by the eye test, not the numbers

Reaction Score
He's going by the eye test, not the numbers
The eye test either has to say we’re better or worse than the metrics (6-8 seed).

Katz is going with “both.”

Saying we look strong enough to make the Final Four suggests “better.” Giving us a 10-seed definitely suggests “worse.” Katz is a little confused at the moment.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't the numbers and seeding be based
The eye test either has to say we’re better or worse than the metrics (6-8 seed).

Katz is going with “both.”

Saying we look strong enough to make the Final Four suggests “better.” Giving us a 10-seed definitely suggests “worse.” Katz is a little confused at the moment.
Lol I don't agree but ok. As long as we our in and play well are my hopes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And our best player needs to trust his supporting cast and not try to do it all himself just like other UConn alpha guards have done in the past for the team to be successful.
I think it's pretty clear to me he does trust his supporting cast and doesn't try to do it all himself. He's a team player.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty clear to me he does trust his supporting cast and doesn't try to do it all himself. He's a team player.
Agree that its pretty clear he does now but as you might recall upon his return from injury and after his first few games...By his own admission-- He said he could do a better job in that area and wanted to improve.

He has progressively gotten better over our win streak and is displaying the maturity and leadership skills that we all know he possesses.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Most experts out there if they haven’t watched closely in the last few games are unaware that Sanogo has become the force he has.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He has progressively gotten better over our win streak and is displaying the maturity and leadership skills that we all know he possesses.
But mostly progressively healthier. He displayed all that other stuff before he got hurt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can we perhaps admit this isn’t a normal season? We have six losses. Everybody but Gonzaga, Baylor and Michigan has similar losses. The #4 team Illinois has 6 losses. This is not normal. But if you consider that 4 of our 6 losses came without Bouknight and Jackson, then we start to look quite a bit like a top ten team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom