Andrew Hurley | The Boneyard

Andrew Hurley

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Saw somewhere on instagram that Dan's son Andrew will be joining the team as a walk on. He attended East Catholic and will take the spot of Temi. Can anyone confirm this? If not I'll delete thread.

Reaction Score
Someone else mentioned this in a previous thread, I looked but couldn't find anything to confirm though

Reaction Score
The good news is that should keep Danny around for four more years.
As someone else said, where would be go? He's a northeast / Big East guy and UConn is a blue blood. NBA I guess maybe but as far as college UConn is the perfect fit for DH for 20 years let's hope.

Reaction Score
As someone else said, where would be go? He's a northeast / Big East guy and UConn is a blue blood. NBA I guess maybe but as far as college UConn is the perfect fit for DH for 20 years let's hope.
I just think people are a little cautious about Hurley leaving because of that interview he did with the New York Post, I believe. He mentioned that his goal was to coach in the NBA, and there was a thread on here at the time to discuss it. I agree that Hurley is not leaving UConn to coach another school. Like you mentioned, he is a northeast and Big East guy, but if the Knicks, Nets, Celtics, or 76ers ever went after him, then I would be scared that he would leave. Theres no point on dwelling on this, chances are hes here for at least 10 years, and If he does go to the NBA, its because he turned us into an annual Final Four contender.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I just think people are a little cautious about Hurley leaving because of that interview he did with the New York Post, I believe. He mentioned that his goal was to coach in the NBA, and there was a thread on here at the time to discuss it. I agree that Hurley is not leaving UConn to coach another school. Like you mentioned, he is a northeast and Big East guy, but if the Knicks, Nets, Celtics, or 76ers ever went after him, then I would be scared that he would leave. Theres no point on dwelling on this, chances are hes here for at least 10 years, and If he does go to the NBA, its because he turned us into an annual Final Four contender.
When was this interview?

Reaction Score
When was this interview?

Q: Would coaching in the NBA ever appeal to you?
A: Yeah, I tell every recruit that I’m a young and hungry coach. As they aspire one day to play at the NBA level, I would love someday, way down the road, hopefully after accomplishing some amazing things here, I would love to be an NBA coach.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Q: Would coaching in the NBA ever appeal to you?
A: Yeah, I tell every recruit that I’m a young and hungry coach. As they aspire one day to play at the NBA level, I would love someday, way down the road, hopefully after accomplishing some amazing things here, I would love to be an NBA coach.

Doomed

Reaction Score
if/when he goes, that means we’ve accomplished a lot
Exactly, and It would have to be the perfect situation. I can’t see him leaving to coach the Cleveland Cavaliers or Denver Nuggets. Northeast teams, like I said before would worry me.

Reaction Score

Who could pass up a chance to work for Dolan?

Reaction Score
Where is Dan going?
I think he meant more of a guarantee. Guarantees are better than confidence or expectations. Just saying it removes any doubts or discussions and that's good for the Yard for at least 4 years.

You know how we get.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I thought this was being said tongue in cheek... are we actually worried about him leaving in 4 years or under? And if so, do we actually think his son walking on would change that? I’m super confused about that logic.

Reaction Score
When asked about coaching in the NBA Hurley was quite clear, "That would be my goal."

So if he wins big and quickly at UConn and becomes a hot commodity, nice to know he has a reason to hang around. Just sayin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom