2023 Recruiting: - Andrej Stojakovic update 6/7 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Andrej Stojakovic update 6/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is a perfect UConn kid. Drive to be the best, no need for dirty money and a jump shot that will bring MSG to its feet the second he rises up. I’d love this.
Stojackovic the Garden Pogostick.

Reaction Score
I’ll read between the lines with my blue tinted glasses. His statement that “distance is no longer a factor” makes it sound like he is giving UConn strong consideration at this point.
Hopefully DH can read between the lines when Andrej says "I'm looking for somewhere I can come in and contribute right away"

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hopefully DH can read between the lines when Andrej says "I'm looking for somewhere I can come in and contribute right away"
Agreed, but don't all recruits say the same thing, if not, do you really want someone who doesn't want to contribute walking onto the court?

Reaction Score
Agreed, but don't all recruits say the same thing, if not, do you really want someone who doesn't want to contribute walking onto the court?
the comment is more about how many on the yard think DH's main weakness is he waits WAAYYYY too long to play his freshman...Maybe I am totally off base on that assumption, what do you think @Fishy ??

Reaction Score
Sounds like reasonably easy access to games for the benefit of family (coming from European locales) will be important. NYC/Logan/BDL offer multiple flight options for International travel connections and access to Storrs.. Combine that with a great recruiting class(and OV) and maybe Stoja isn't as much of a reach as originally thought .Any additional Cali kids in that class (SB?) wouldn't hurt. Crazier things have happened.

Reaction Score
Stojakovic now has 2 crystal balls for UCLA, including Travis Branham who just talked to him after his UCLA visit. Says no decision until senior year and still plans on visiting UConn

Reaction Score
And this says he wants to narrow things down in a few weeks and make an early decision

But good news is:
Stojakovic only mentioned Kentucky, Michigan and UConn as schools he planned to get to in the fall.
But bad news is Dad wants him to stay West Coast if possible.

Reaction Score
But good news is:

But bad news is Dad wants him to stay West Coast if possible.
yeah so theoretically he can come out with a top 5 (ucla, stanford, UK, UM, UConn) in "the next couple of weeks," finish up his remaining visits in september and make a decision shortly thereafter. that could still qualify as deciding "well before" the signing period starts on 11/1.

Reaction Score
the comment is more about how many on the yard think DH's main weakness is he waits WAAYYYY too long to play his freshman...Maybe I am totally off base on that assumption, what do you think @Fishy ??
Actually Bouk got serious minutes as did Gaffney as Freshman. By year end we started two freshman,
Jackson and Sanogo also got big minutes as freshman. Yo the point of putting an all AAC center on the shelf .
Even last year with all the old men in college BB . Hawkins was suppose to start right Away but was injured
Poof another BY myth that evaporated in the light .
I think grown men Whaley , Polley, Cole , and Martin (22-23 )
Kept Johnson , and Diggins down the depth chart but that was true almost everywhere.
Corey Floyd probably rightfully thought that he was recruited over with Newton.
Hurley had lost confidence in Gaffney who based on normal development was the heir plus Jackson is in the mix. Frankly if a kid who fancies himself a PG is afraid to compete he usually isn’t the leader you want.

So when you analyze the playing freshman and it turns out to be BY hyperbole.
I’m more of a Hurley neutral than a fan boy
I’m waiting for some actual post season success before I jump on the bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Actually Bouk got serious minutes as did Gaffney as Freshman. By year end we started two freshman,
Jackson and Sanogo also got big minutes as freshman. Yo the point of putting an all AAC center on the shelf .
Even last year with all the old men in college BB . Hawkins was suppose to start right Away but was injured
Poof another BY myth that evaporated in the light .
I think grown men Whaley , Polley, Cole , and Martin (22-23 )
Kept Johnson , and Diggins down the depth chart but that was true almost everywhere.
Corey Floyd probably rightfully thought that he was recruited over with Newton.
Hurley had lost confidence in Gaffney who based on normal development was the heir plus Jackson is in the mix. Frankly if a kid who fancies himself a PG is afraid to compete he usually isn’t the leader you want.

So when you analyze the playing freshman and it turns out to be BY hyperbole.
I’m more of a Hurley neutral than a fan boy
I’m waiting for some actual post season success before I jump on the bandwagon.
I don’t believe that’s why Corey left.

Reaction Score
Nice Ringer article on Andrej today - seems like a great kid and would love to land him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom