Andrea Aquino | The Boneyard

Andrea Aquino

Reaction Score
After dealing with all kinds of adversity and only being able to make a college cameo, Andrea Aquino played 31 minutes in a game in Australia on Saturday.

Oregon State fans seem pretty confused about this development even with happiness that she was able to play.

Reaction Score
Several OSU starters who practiced with Aquino for several years in Corvallis were convinced that she would have helped the Beavs very early as a starter if she had been cleared to play during her four years there, including on a Sweet Sixteen team in 2019 and in 2020 when the NCAA tourney did not take place due to COVID.

Aquino has a soft shooting touch and solid passing skills, especially for a 6'9" center. It will be interesting to see video of Aquino in action in Australia. She handled her time in Corvallis with the utmost class and was a fan favorite for how positive she remained despite not being cleared in college to play the sport she loves.

Reaction Score
After dealing with all kinds of adversity and only being able to make a college cameo, Andrea Aquino played 31 minutes in a game in Australia on Saturday.

Oregon State fans seem pretty confused about this development even with happiness that she was able to play.
Maybe they did not want a lawsuit if something happened?

Reaction Score
So what team is she playing for? Would be nice to know since they stream their games. Wouldn't mind watching a game or two.
She plays for the West Adelaide Bearcats in the NBL1 Central, this is the league below the national WNBL, which Lauren Jackson played in on her return to basketball last year.

Reaction Score
Its too bad USA colleges have a higher level of clearance requirement than the Pro's. I think she might have made quite a difference for Oregon St. had they let her play. She was very skilled and had a good BB IQ. I think she is better suited to play a forward position rather than center.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Its too bad USA colleges have a higher level of clearance requirement than the Pro's. I think she might have made quite a difference for Oregon St. had they let her play. She was very skilled and had a good BB IQ. I think she is better suited to play a forward position rather than center.
It depends on the school. I know players who have not been cleared by one school but transferred and their second school cleared them. Medical opinions and all that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom